• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

I think it's one of the best games of last year. I played through it 4 or 5 times. The final section is manageable if you know what you're doing. I consider it the best choice of the bunch but... you know, whatever. I already have it.

I honestly don't think I had any other weapon besides the pistol when I played it. Maybe that helps. I learned from the first game. Choose your weapon purchases wisely, because it'll be taking ammo drops away from the weapons you actually use.

The
return to the Ishimura
for example was the best part by far and an example of what the whole game could have been.

It was definitely the scariest part of the game. I hope they noticed that the parts where we weren't shooting was scarier than the shooting galleries that made up the rest of the game. But looking at what we've seen of DS3, it doesnt look like they got that message.

Is there any room in games anymore for adventure and discovery with some solitude to set the mood without having some NPC in your ear throughout the game.

cicero

I guess I've been semi-interested in playing this but not enough to buy it. And at $20 for the bundle, it won't be this sale it seems.
Look at that bundle closely, it is all character packs with only one weapon pack, and you don't even need that weapon pack. I would go with just the base game until I figured out if I liked it enough to actually buy all the extra DLC in a later Steam sale. I mostly bought stuff to support the devs. Take a look at some of the gameplay videos on youtube and decide if it is the kind of game that you would be interested in at $10. I definitely found the value there for whatever I paid for it, you might as well.

Hmm... Steampowered.com now only shows prices for games in € and not dollars.

How do I fix this?!

I know what happened, I clicked a link earlier in this thread and it changed my region to I assume the Euro store or something. How can I get it to revert back or maybe it will on its own?

ithorien

Couple more gems sitting in my inventory-

Anyone interested in the first Flatout or Stalker : Call of Pripyat, first come first serve this time. If you already got stuff from me earlier, I'd like to give others a shot unless nobody wants, then it's all yours.

Anyone interested in the first Flatout or Stalker : Call of Pripyat, first come first serve this time. If you already got stuff from me earlier, I'd like to give others a shot unless nobody wants, then it's all yours.

Can I have Stalker? :eek:

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Pripyat?

I don't remember if I got stuff from you.

Edit: Beaten, give it to madrugator.

Salsa

sure id take flatout

derExperte

Like I said: if you have friends that are not complete idiots (Aka, are willing to invest the time to learn the game), I can see the appeal. Otherwise...

Which is not the case with KF, I met some cool dudes while playing but didn't start out with friends. And tbh after so few hours you can't just say that everyone ignores you. Also I don't know what exactly you were doing during that time. If you jump into a game on normal difficulty (which is too much for a lvl 0) and start asking the most basic questions there's a good chance you'll get ignored because people a) know you'll die very fast and b) they have no time. The best tipps won't help you if you're underleveled and it's hard to explain stuff during a game, especially how to correctly play a class. Earn your dues on 'beginner', maybe pick another class (though I began as a medic) stay with a group for a few games if they're tolerable, read guides (the one that was posted eg) and slowly get better. The start is rough but it's oh so rewarding.

Fireblend

Banned
Does anyone know if GMG credit ever expires? I got $6 from buying Sleeping Dogs, not sure if I should be looking for something to buy now or if I can stash them for later without having to worry about them expiring.

Wunder

Hey guys! Does anyone have thoughts on Deadlight or Retro City Rampage? Mildly interested in both but I'm not sure if I wanna fire off on a couple of >$5 dollar games if I'll never really play them. Also is anyone willing to gift Arkham City to me and I'll paypal that person back? It is unavailable for me in my country but I understand it is for sale.

Hey guys! Does anyone have thoughts on Deadlight or Retro City Rampage? Mildly interested in both but I'm not sure if I wanna fire off on a couple of >$5 dollar games if I'll never really play them. Also is anyone willing to gift Arkham City to me and I'll paypal that person back? It is unavailable for me in my country but I understand it is for sale.

Retro Coty Rampage is amazing if you grew up in the 8bit-16bit era. A lot of great references to the 80s and early 90s as well. Can't speak for Deadlight though.

dani_dc

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Red Faction Guerilla is 69% off at GMG with an aditional 30% off with a coupon (on the main page of the site).The game registers on Steam.

Worth noting since the game is no longer sold on Steam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got deadlight and finished it yesterday. A short few hours game with spotty controls, crappy story, and unsatisfying ending. I say avoid it.

RCR I have on my VITA and I just don't see the love for this either. it's a mush mash of gaming references with uninspired graphics and gameplay.

Get Mark of the Ninja instead. I was hesitant to give it a try, but it's surprisingly good.

Edit: @ nemesis they are essentially the same game. I prefer 4 myself though since it has more buildings.

So if I have a key for borderlands that I got from amazon, there is no way to add it to my steam inventory so i can create a steamgifts give away correct?

Wunder

Retro Coty Rampage is amazing if you grew up in the 8bit-16bit era. A lot of great references to the 80s and early 90s as well. Can't speak for Deadlight though.

Got deadlight and finished it yesterday. A short few hours game with spotty controls, crappy story, and unsatisfying ending. I say avoid it.

RCR I have on my VITA and I just don't see the love for this either. it's a mush mash of gaming references with uninspired graphics and gameplay.

Get Mark of the Ninja instead. I was hesitant to give it a try, but it's surprisingly good.

Thanks! I don't really fit into the 'retro' group but I suppose I understand enough of the old games to get the references. I picked up Mark of the Ninja and it's been a blast so far but that was during my XCOM + Dishonored + BL2 spree so I haven't had the opportunity to finish it. Thanks for the opinions!

I don't see where to redeem codes on the Steam website. I don't have a Steam client as I'm on my gf's pharmacy school issued laptop so I'm not sure how to do it on the webpage.

Volcynika

So if I have a key for borderlands that I got from amazon, there is no way to add it to my steam inventory so i can create a steamgifts give away correct?

You can't activate a product key for a game you already own.

I don't see where to redeem codes on the Steam website. I don't have a Steam client as I'm on my gf's pharmacy school issued laptop so I'm not sure how to do it on the webpage.

You have to redeem it on the client.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Create a Steamgifts giveaway anyway - it doesn't need to be a steam gift.

You can just send the key to the winner through email.

So which Thief game is the game to get?

Nowadays, none of them, really. They were clunky at release and nowadays they're archaic in the extreme. The third one I guess is OK. A lot of old games hold up, the Thief series, in my opinion, hasn't. But, a lot of people seem to be very fond of them, so I'd imagine I'm missing something they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom