• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
-50, -50, -50, -40, -40, -25

Literally none of these discounts are good enough.

Edit: Oh, fixed. Now they're better.

-75, -66, -66, -60, -50, -50

Grimrock and Teh walking Dead are the only ones worth anything.

SpecOps was cheaper on Amazon/GMG during the year.

Derrick01

Banned
Is this a repeat day or something? Jesus.

People should buy Spec Ops though. I just finished it yesterday and it was a really great game.

Nirran

I really feel the introduction of the flash deals and community choice killed the excitement of the daily deals especially because a game can show up in both the flash and daily deals.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The prices are still adjusting for you guys, see cheaper sales. Today's a repeat of a few flash deals made dailies, ARMA II, Sims 3, Walking Dead, Natural Selection 2, Grimrock, and Spec Ops: The Line.

Again, Natural Selection 2 is great.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is the most unexciting sales Steam has ever had.

Maybe it's a good thing, people don't end up doing impulse purchases and all, and just buy what they really want and have like multiple opportunities to think it through.

Derrick01

Banned
Man this sale is so bad that I have a bunch of money and a huge urge to buy stuff and Steam can't even get me to do it. Tropico 4 is intriguing but I have 3 and the expansion.

Temujin

Damn, I only played 5 hours or so of Tropico 3, but I enjoyed it. Still have a ton of play I could get out of it though, and seeing Tropico 4 @ 80% off tempts me. Somebody tell me it isn't worth it and to just enjoy the game I already have!

Buy Tropico 4 now, and start playing it when you get bored of Tropico 3. Not sure if I'm alone with this but I found 4 easier to get your economy running, and the mini-objectives make longer play sessions more fun. And get Modern Times as well.

Any of the Tropico DLC worth it?

Modern Times. 12 new missions and a bunch of new buildings, edicts, etc. Definitely worth it.

I don't know about you guys, but I preferred the 12 daily deals to 6 dailies and 6 flash deals :| I feel like we're just repeating sales over and over now.

Ok, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is the most unexciting sales Steam has ever had.

I personally think this is because all the games that have the better deals, I already have from the previous sales. Theres really just not that many games that i want anymore..i have em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom