• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DagsJT

Have the Thief games aged well? I played Thief 1 many moons ago and pretty sure I liked it. Is there one game in particular worth getting?

My profile page was unbelievably awesome last night.

I kicked some dude from a Killing Floor game and kept playing right....

Exit game, you have 170 new messages at the top of Steam, LOL.

To my surprise the number kept rising too. 171, 172, in real time.

It was the guy manually spamming me, and he was nice in his texts, "payback for kicking me, spam love, etc etc."

I let him do it for a while, then banned him but 31 pages and 185 messages later lol.

snack

It was the guy manually spamming me, and he was nice in his texts, "payback for kicking me, spam love, etc etc."

I let him do it for a while, then banned him but 31 pages and 185 messages later lol.
Looks like you have a secret admirer.

Mihos

Gold Member

I don't even get that many messages from my wife

I think it's already been on sale, but what's that side scrolling survival horror like game - I think the character wheres a mask? Has an interesting art style.

Petrie

Banned
Damn, I only played 5 hours or so of Tropico 3, but I enjoyed it. Still have a ton of play I could get out of it though, and seeing Tropico 4 @ 80% off tempts me. Somebody tell me it isn't worth it and to just enjoy the game I already have!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Wouldn't letting him manually spam you for the entire night be a worse punishment?

cicero

A gentleman revenge spammer. I doff my monocle at him!

NIN90

I understand that.

I'm just not willing to invest all that time and "study" the game when everybody I find online doesn't give a shit about me or doesn't answer anything I ask.

Specially because when I know about the game and will be willing to help people, they won't fucking listen to me either - already happens all the time on Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine mode and Left 4 Dead.

Like I said: if you have friends that are not complete idiots (Aka, are willing to invest the time to learn the game), I can see the appeal. Otherwise...

Honestly, just pick Sharpshooter and go to town. Your main goal with that perk is doing as many headshots as possible which is pretty straightforward. A low level medic is pretty useless.
And I honestly never had a bad team of randoms in my time with this game. The basics are pretty clear in this game: you kill as efficiently as possible (headshots), you watch your back (weld doors, check your flank from time to time) and you heal others when they get low on health.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I want Bioshock 1, but I don't have any games right now to trade for it, but I would be willing to spend around $5 for a game to trade with you.
People are willing to pay for BioShock? Damn, I gave away both B1&2 a while ago :(

I regret nothing, it's nice to be on the giving end every once in a while.

Grief.exe

Honestly, just pick Sharpshooter and go to town. Your main goal with that perk is doing as many headshots as possible which is pretty straightforward. A low level medic is pretty useless.
And I honestly never had a bad team of randoms in my time with this game. The basics are pretty clear in this game: you kill as efficiently as possible (headshots), you watch your back (weld doors, check your flank from time to time) and you heal others when they get low on health.

And make sure you filter for only normal servers while you level up.

Ridiculous when a level one comes in on a Hard or above game. You just know you're fucked.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Bah, I've got 32 or so left in my wallet. I'm between Borderlands 2 or Dark Souls + [whatever games on my wishlist hit 5 or less].

Not that bad of a problem to have, though.

Carm

Is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 worth 5 bucks if you only plan on playing it alone? What about that planeschaser mode, can you play against ai only there? I dunno what it is about Magic games, but every time they pop up on sale, I'm tempted to buy them but haven't pulled the trigger. Mainly being a game against real people, not sure how compelling it is just against ai.

Grief.exe

Is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 worth 5 bucks if you only plan on playing it alone? What about that planeschaser mode, can you play against ai only there? I dunno what it is about Magic games, but every time they pop up on sale, I'm tempted to buy them but haven't pulled the trigger. Mainly being a game against real people, not sure how compelling it is just against ai.

I was reading something on Reddit about this.

That for $5 you get so much more content in 2012 version than the 2013 version, and it is a much larger community.

He said you get a greater value and a more complete game with 2012.

I don't own either game, just something I read.

sgossard

I got into Magic during last winter's sale 'cause it was really cheap, like $3.75.

I'd get it if I were you. You can have fun against the AI and when you feel ready you can play against other people. People playing Magic on Steam are usually cool and polite.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Only have $10.49 left. Not sure if I should triple dip on Sonic CD or wait to buy all the games in the Summer Sale.

Buy anything that's at least 75% off, because it won't get cheaper than that.

Everything that's only 50% off, wait for the next big sale.

Rinse and repeat.

shaowebb

Debating dipping in on Spiderman. Whats the verdict on it because I found shattered dimensions to be a damned mess. I enjoyed ultimate spiderman though.

Bread

Banned
The first one to quote this post and not own Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles and Jamestown, gets them all.

me?

hey gaf is thief deadly shadows a good pick up for 2.50? i remember reading that thief is one of the best stealth games ever, and the screenshots look pretty cool.

Aaron

You can play planechase with just AI and it's pretty great. AI in general is a breeze on the normal campaign, but get tough for the 'revenge' version. I like 2013 better overall than 2012, especially if you'll be playing mostly against AI. Unless you have friends playing it, online isn't worth it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom