• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no activity for this transaction in my paypayl account, so I haven't paid my order yet, even though I got the confirmation code. It's still impossible to even load the gamersgate site now.

Dingotech

If I got the purchase order e-mail from Gamersgate, should I eventually be able to pay for it and finish my order?

Trying to load the order details page now but getting nowhere.

Jako

If I got the purchase order e-mail from Gamersgate, should I eventually be able to pay for it and finish my order?

Trying to load the order details page now but getting nowhere.

Same thing here, trying to open up the website to check if I can pay for it

Damn, I got through the checkout only to get an "invalid password" message, even if I had already successfully logged in :/

Guess I'm out of luck... If someone is selling BL2 keys PM me!

EDIT: lol, nvm. I just got a mail with the purchase confirmation, even though I didn't get to see a confirmation on site!

sixclaws

Banned
Finally bought Alice, after god knows how many sales at $5, I've accepted that it won't ever be $2.50. I just wish that I hadn't missed that free Origin game slip-up that happened earlier in the year.

oipic

Surely it can't be this simple for GG to publish pricing errors like this so readily and so regularly - wouldn't they have some sort of two-phase maker/checker system to idiot-proof this?

It's almost as if it's a calculated attempt, with short-term losses factored in, to drum up word-of-mouth and, well, get us chatting about them like this. Although that doesn't explain leaving a deal or two out there in the wild for several hours. Strange, either way.

ta9qi

as i said before i bought 2 copies of borderlands2 with a price of 15$ for each, i could sell for 17$ cuz of paypal fees if anyone interested !
i had the keys right now

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Speaking of GamersGate, is there any reason I should pass up on Baldur's Gate 2 for $5 on there for GoG's $10 copy? Is there any difference between them aside from the extras GoG offers? (I'm wondering if GG's version is as easy to install as GoG's)

Tomodachi

Alice is $7.50 here (better than the $12 from 2 months ago), yay or nay? It seems interesting enough.
Definitely worth it, it's longer than it needs to be but not THAT much as you'd gather from this thread ;) Some levels feel watered but the last batch is pretty tight and solid. I really enjoyed it. Atmosphere is great and (if you play it above normal difficulty) combat is too.

Autofokus

For everyone who PM'ed me, I'm answering you as soon as I retrieved my keys (only got 1 so far).

Again: 1 for my buddy, 1 for steamgifts.com & 2 for selling. I just want my money back, so I'm selling those 2 for 8$ each.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of GamersGate, is there any reason I should pass up on Baldur's Gate 2 for $5 on there for GoG's $10 copy? Is there any difference between them aside from the extras GoG offers? (I'm wondering if GG's version is as easy to install as GoG's)

uh $10? GoG's copy is $2.49 right now.

baconcow

Surely it can't be this simple for GG to publish pricing errors like this so readily and so regularly - wouldn't they have some sort of two-phase maker/checker system to idiot-proof this?

It's almost as if it's a calculated attempt, with short-term losses factored in, to drum up word-of-mouth and, well, get us chatting about them like this. Although that doesn't explain leaving a deal or two out there in the wild for several hours. Strange, either way.

The site was already crumbling with the $15 mistake, why let it suffer further with a HUGE 97% off mistake? I cannot even pay for my remaining keys, the site is so bad. LOL!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely worth it, it's longer than it needs to be but not THAT much as you'd gather from this thread ;) Some levels feel watered but the last batch is pretty tight and solid. I really enjoyed it. Atmosphere is great and (if you play it above normal difficulty) combat is too.
That's it then. Bought, the art looks great and except for the lenght of some levels, it was praised enough to gain my interest.

Guess I could get some US person to buy it for me for $2.50 less, but it isn't such a big difference to make it worth deal with PayPal to me.

Bricky

Is the gamersgate site working for anyone?

Well, I just managed to get to the checkout-page in 10 minutes, and then the site crashed. So let's just call it dead. :(

Damn, if only I had booted up my PC a few minutes earlier I would've probably still gotten it. Ah well, you get some deals you lose some deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom