• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

Well, I just managed to get to the checkout-page in 10 minutes, and then the site crashed. So let's just call it dead. :(

Damn, if only I had booted up my PC a few minutes earlier I would've probably still gotten it. Ah well, you get some deals you lose some deals.

It's still in my cart and you try again.

Danj

Can anyone explain the Magic games to me? I've never played Magic, but the games do like kinda interesting.

It's a card game. The cards can be one (or more in some special cases) of a bunch of categories including things like Lands (these represent the amount of mana you have to cast spells or summon creatures), Creatures (you use them to attack the enemy, defend against enemy attacks, or use other special skills they may have), Sorceries (spells), Artifacts (magical items that do cool stuff) etcetera etcetera.

The computer version of Magic 2013 is good for someone who's new to the game (in my opinion) because the computer will handle all the fiddly bits like phases and special rules and effects and whatnot for you, which frees you up to concentrate on what sort of strategy you'd like to adopt or what your next move should be. Also unlike the real life game you get a whole bunch of decks included, and you can unlock additional cards for those decks by winning campaign matches against the computer etcetera.

Manager

I was just browsing through the uplay client and couldn't find the ability to do so. I'm thinking it's like gfwl where the key is just popped into the overlay once the game boots up

Oh okey, well alright. I think I read it's 12gb so I hope GG's download servers are fast.

I was just browsing through the uplay client and couldn't find the ability to do so. I'm thinking it's like gfwl where the key is just popped into the overlay once the game boots up

Yeah that's how it was like with me in Far Cry 3 where I can only download it from Steam. Ubisoft is stingy with their servers.

gogogow

You get a key, thinking that it maybe works in uPlay to redeem?

You CANNOT redeem gamekeys with UPlay. You boot up the game once and will be added to your UPlay library. And not all games will/can be added. For example, don't remember exactly which one, but FC1 or/and FC2 can't be added. At least it worked like this with FarCry 3.

Can someone explain to me how gifting through GamersGate works? I have the option to gift through email, but it apparently sends out a email gift card of sorts that my friend can't even open.

If I can figure this thing out, then I'll have 2 copies to trade for anyone interested.

Can someone explain to me how gifting through GamersGate works? I have the option to gift through email, but it apparently sends out a email gift card of sorts that my friend can't even open.

If I can figure this thing out, then I'll have 2 copies to trade for anyone interested.

I'm trying to figure that out myself, but I guess it's safe to say that it won't work at all until 2-3 hours from now when the server load is back to normal levels.

Did you buy FC3 from Steam or some other place?

Yeah buying it from Steam means I can only download it from Steam servers whereas buying it from Ubisoft means I can only download it from Ubi servers. I just opened Uplay and it's saying I don't own any of their games even though I have FC3 and Asscreed 2 on Steam. Wierd.

gogogow

Ah, it's now 75% off, was seeing 50% off just a minute ago.

Still a huge difference with the US pricing, yeah. The base price should definitely be adjusted.

There's bound to be huge differences when the US version is being discounted from $19.99 and the EU version is being discounted from €49.99.

M.D

I wasn't sure if I want Borderlands 2, plus I don't want to buy from GamersGate again until they solve my problem, but if someone got that 4 pack and is willing to sell one key for cheap, I'll buy it

Dingotech

Fuuuu

Got throught to Paypal and everything, hit PAY button and it's timed out on return to gamersgate...

I've hit refresh once, but I'm scared to hammer the F5 button...

graywolf323

hmm well I got an email even though the page crashed after I hit submit order

but it doesn't show on my order history on the site?

edit: just realized that my order number in the email is 0

yeah I don't think it went through properly >_<

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I had a four-pack in my cart, too. So damn close.

Would like to buy two BL2 keys for my boy and I, if anyone has a couple left over. Guessing no one will help out, but w/e.

oipic

This sure is some profit-eating server stress-testing the GG guys are undertaking - quite comical, really, and I'm guessing the boss will be none too pleased when he returns from his Christmas holidays.

Fuuuu

Got throught to Paypal and everything, hit PAY button and it's timed out on return to gamersgate...

I've hit refresh once, but I'm scared to hammer the F5 button...

I was in the same problem as you, I had to wait, but I received the paypal email confirmation, not just it's matter of time to retrieve the keys

Addnan

My payment is not going through :( Pay through paypal and then takes me back to gamersgate homepage with no email from paypal or anything.

jediyoshi

Are you supposed to receive an email from Gamersgate when you buy something from them?

If you're doing paypal at least, you get an email after you confirm the order but before you actually pay through paypal. Then another email from them once the payment's confirmed from there.

M.D

My Bethesda bundle purchase is weird - no email when I purchased it (only got one from PayPal confirming the payment), no games shown in the receipt and games won't show in my library, and last answer I got from their support team is from December 23

Plus, on my profile it says that I have purchased 0 games

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom