• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

How you guys catch these errors so fast, gamersgate should hire you@@

The bigger ones are easier to catch since right on the front page you can just sort by highest % discount

Picked up future soldier, guess i'll get to it someday

edit: damn, i could've just bought it with blue coins at this point

baconcow

How you guys catch these errors so fast, gamersgate should hire you@@

It makes you wonder if the people running the site are even properly trained. There have been several "pricing errors" to the point where it screams untrained or drunk employee.

The mistakes they make over there only benefit the truly lucky ones that can make it in after server overload.

Congrats to those people. I will not be trying again lol

It makes you wonder if the people running the site are even properly trained. There have been several "pricing errors" to the point where it screams untrained or drunk employee.

Or just tactics? With all this "errors", gaming communities like Neogaf have been visiting their site and talking about it much more then before.

ta9qi

The bigger ones are easier to catch since right on the front page you can just sort by highest % discount
aha, but even that it can be at any hour in any day!
maybe its a part of their long term plan,attract customers to their site with this meant price errors p=
edit:just read "CecilRousso" post, same idea!

Rorschach

Is it just me or has Deadlight been 50% the whole time? It says it ends in 8 hrs. I don't know whether to buy now or hope for a flash sale.

Manager

Or just tactics? With all this "errors", gaming communities like Neogaf have been visiting their site and talking about it much more then before.

I've thought that too, tin foil hat on. They got a lot of new customers through this, me included. I doubt the Bethesda error was on purpose, but now they've realised how many new customers they got through it.

The links are as you say everywhere too. Even if Boarderlands 2 now costs $30, there's still people who may think it's worth it. That link is on every forum now, probably Reddit as well. Future Soldier for $12 is still a good price too, for anyone who clicks on that link.

It's so tempting to get Torchlight and Legend of Grimrock but my backlog is already so big that I have no idea when or if I would ever play them.

Yeah, based on the frequency and their business hours with these last couple, could just be a few loss leaders being tossed out there for the kind sport of it. Much appreciated, if so.

baconcow

It's so tempting to get Torchlight and Legend of Grimrock but my backlog is already so big that I have no idea when or if I would ever play them.

Torchlight II is far superior to the first, IMO. Also, it was part of the $1 HiB6, so I am sure you can get it pretty cheap. LoG is pretty sweet. I picked my copy up for $3.75 and I am on like floor 2 and have something like 2 hours in it. Plus, the Workshop for community-made levels. If you like turn based old-school dungeon crawlers... it just works.

ta9qi

BTW i bought some extra "borderlands 2" copies with that crazy price in case some Gaffers missed it,
i would sell it for 17$ since paypal take 1-2$ for fees some time :(
anybody want it just PM me

baconcow

Same deal as the poster above. My payments just went through. Picked up 2x Borderlands 2 and 1x Season Pass. PM me if you missed out. Keep in mind, I'm Canadian, so I pay some fees for exchange. I figured I would get some this time since I was here when it was posted and people always seem to miss out.

sixclaws

Banned
Holy shit GG is dead by New Years if they keep having these pricing mistakes. Hell that BL2 4-pack is such a great deal that I'm honestly considering buying it despite already owning two copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom