• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

Hmpf through all the fiddling around I got 2 orders and 3 packs in total in my history now. But I am not able to pay for any of them.

I think I better create an account with gamersgate once the site goes back to normal because of all these crazy deals.
If anyone has a spare copy of borderlands 2 to sell please pm me. I can paypal in advance

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Willing to buy one cheap copy of Borderlands 2 from someone who's bought a 4-pack. Will pay with paypal.

PM me please. :)

Danj

I see the Borderlands 2 4 pack for $11 at 94% off. Site is hammered. Can't even add to my cart. =/

Yeah I see it at 94% off too. I considered trying to get one but a) I already own Borderlands 2 and picked up the DLC in the earlier pricing error this morning and b) I can see from what everyone's saying that the site is completely slammed and paying for your order is a nightmare, so I guess I'll wait and see if there are pricing errors on anything else.

What other stuff is on there that's Steam redeemable that I don't already own?

I'm looking to buy cheap Borderlands 2 as a result of GamersGate's pricing error more than anyone else in this thread. I even had "I am looking to buy cheap Borderlands 2 as a result of GamersGate's pricing error" tattooed on my leg but I can't prove it because my camera is missing.

Managed to catch a glimpse of my account on Gamersgate, and there doesn't seem to have be any BL2 keys on my account. :\

I already have the game myself, but I wanted som keys to my friends so I hade someone to play with. :)

oipic

I'd love to sell people some keys if Gamersgate would only take my Paypal payment!! :p

We're rooting for you, Dingo, and anyone else in the same boat. Would be many happy folks here, by the look of things - the queue for keys is now as long as the saddened face of the poor sod that hit submit on these pricing errors.

derExperte

Oh no, finally the site loads (trying to get Ghost Recon) but everything is garbled and the buy button hidden behind the Twitter-thing. I think. I give up, got the Bethesda deal after a few hours trying, that's enough.

I'll have 2 if not 3 copies to trade tomorrow (my Paypal can't receive money). I've already managed to gift one away to my friend, but with the site so hammered, he couldn't redeem it.

I'm going to bed now, if anyone is interested in BL2, once I retrieve the keys, I'll be selling 2 or maybe 3 keys (one for me and maybe one for my brother) just PM (I accept paypal)

I finally managed to see my account page @ Gamersgate. There are two items: One Borderlands 2 key and three giftable Borderlands 2 keys that appear as just one thing.

When I clicked the giftable ones, there was an error. Does anyone know how does this work? Do they give you a Steam key that adds 3 Borderlands 2 to your inventory?

P.S. Sorry guys, but I'm not going to sell the keys. I'll donate one to the wishlist thread if they can be easily gifted, though!

It's a bit funny that 4 out 9 boxes in their "top deals" section on the frontpage are marked with "save 0%"

Can everyone else please stay off their site so that I can get a chance to view my account? :)

KNT-Zero

I'm thinking of passing on BL2 as well...
So far I managed to add one to my cart, then I logged in and my cart was empty, then I added another, there was an error and it added two...
And now, I'm trying to at least load the checkout page so I can remove the 2nd copy :/

snack

I finally managed to see my account page @ Gamersgate. There are two items: One Borderlands 2 key and three giftable Borderlands 2 keys that appear as just one thing.

When I clicked the giftable ones, there was an error. Does anyone know how does this work? Do they give you a Steam key that adds 3 Borderlands 2 to your inventory?

P.S. Sorry guys, but I'm not going to sell the keys. I'll donate one to the wishlist thread if they can be easily gifted, though!

Yeah. Anyone know how the gg gifting works?

Dingotech

Anybody know any tricks for getting back to Gamersgate from the paypal site?

I hit continue on Paypal to head back for payment but it just errors out... :(
At the moment I'm just hitting back in my browser to end up at paypal again and hitting continue again.

LarryButz

Ugh, so my order went through, got the confirmation email that 11.25 was charged to my card but it still says "Pending Order" and has a link to complete the payment. Hopefully it'll be fixed up by the time I wake up or something.

KPJZKC

I hope they don't go belly up due to these errors before I get the rest of my Bethesda deals.

They've been around for years, so I don't think they'll be disappearing any time soon. Although I am curious, does anyone know what their exact relationship with Paradox is? I know Paradox published company employees get paradox games on gamersgate for free (at least they did last year), and I think there was some overlap with the company founders. Anyone want to enlighten me?

You can gift to an e-mail address or another GG user. I think you can also gift to your own gg account by e-mailing to yourself, redeem the gift and then the key will appear in your library.

I'm hoping that works. Somehow ended up with two 4-packs so I need to get the keys before they run out.

KNT-Zero

Now the page is done even trying to load... :(
Welp, I'll have to pass on this one, I'm afraid.
I was hoping to get 1 for me and add another to the Wishlist thread >_<
Oh well...

Manager

They've been around for years, so I don't think they'll be disappearing any time soon. Although I am curious, does anyone know what their exact relationship with Paradox is? I know Paradox published company employees get paradox games on gamersgate for free (at least they did last year), and I think there was some overlap with the company founders. Anyone want to enlighten me?

Wiki:
"GamersGate was formerly operated by Paradox Interactive. It was started with the intention of providing cheap distribution of their games to countries that did not offer them in physical retail stores. GamersGate commenced trial operations in April 2006 and officially launched (entitled "Gamer's Gate") on November 20, 2006. In 2008, after other publishers requested that GamersGate distribute their games as well, Paradox decided to separate GamersGate into its own company.[3]"

desu

What's the trick!? I can get through Paypal, but not back to Gamersgate to give them the $$.

Try over and over and over, took me like 20 tries and 45min to actually pay.

If you have troubles getting to paypal at all, just use http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/<orderid> and it should always forward you to paypal if you're logged in.

Krelian91

Does anyone know if CiV: Gods & Kings and Fallout: New Vegas will ever get a discount of 75% or so? I'm kinda tired of waiting. =/

Dingotech

Try over and over and over, took me like 20 tries and 45min to actually pay.

If you have troubles getting to paypal at all, just use http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/<orderid> and it should always forward you to paypal if you're logged in.

I can get through to Paypal ok, I just can't confirm my payment from paypal.

ZenaxPure

Just caught up on the thread, I see I picked the absolute worst timing in history to take a nap. Can't even get onto gamgergates site atm ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom