• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already regret buying the season pass. Disliked the idea of such things before, and now that I hear about all these exceptions, it's even worse. With all this DLC you would think that you´re dealing with a F2P title.

How is the story?
Good enough. The ending feels a bit rushed but up to that point, the cast of characters and the dialogue and all the events are great. Excellent voice work as well, which is rather unusual for a German adventure game. The puzzles never get in the way of the story, and they do a few things more adventure games should do. Hotspots naturally, and when there's nothing more to say about something or no puzzle is attached to the object you won't be able to click on it anymore making it a very pleasant experience with nearly no repeating dialogues.

Dingotech

Already regret buying the season pass. Disliked the idea of such things before, and now that I hear about all these exceptions, it's even worse. With all this DLC you would think that you´re dealing with a F2P title.

The content you get is pretty solid for the price.

I played the first 2 DLC's for Borderlands 2 for about 10 or more hours, I'm happy with my purchase and I've got 2 DLC's to come.

jediyoshi

Unless you've already come to the conclusion that the original game didn't have enough content or that the pass isn't worth it, it's a lot of extra content. It's nothing new, PC expansion packs say hi

baconcow

You know you all want this to be the sale, tomorrow morning:
dreamsale.png

Unless you've already come to the conclusion that the original game didn't have enough content or that the pass isn't worth it, it's a lot of extra content. It's nothing new, PC expansion packs say hi

I have no problems with expansion packs, so smart comments like that does nothing for me :p. It's the concept of "season passes". This is the first one I bought and that was just because of dollar prices + 50% + 30% on that. Lot's content for that price sure, but the term "season pass" is just wrong when you start making exceptions like this. Will probably bite on the mechromancer pack now, but then I will skip the rest.

Someone figured out the misteke on GG. the pack was supposed to be 50% off, but the discount was applied FOUR TIMES

-50%=44.9625
-50%=22.48125
-50%=11.240625
-50%=5.6203125

That's not how a 4-pack works GG

jediyoshi

I have no problems with expansion packs, so smart comments like that does nothing for me :p. It's the concept of "season passes". This is the first one I bought and that was just because of dollar prices + 50% + 30% on that. Lot's content for that price sure, but the term "season pass" is just wrong when you start making exceptions like this. Will probably bite on the mechromancer pack now, but then I will skip the rest.

By the concept of season passes you literally mean the fact they're called season passes and not something like expansion packs? Because there's some kind of implication it encompasses everything? Again, unless you're finding the amount of content lacking, it's a pretty silly, purely semantical distinction

zulux21

Even if PC games didn't have technical advantages over the console versions, it would still be the best platform just because of incredible discounts on all this stuff.

what ever are you talking about.
I totally didn't trade in my ps3 copies of alice madness and portal 2 for $40 total at gamestop, use that money to get a $50 steam giftcard and then replace them for $10 with superior versions.... oh wait :p

The pricing is definitely one major reason I have shifted more to PC gaming the last 2 years. Heck in general even though my PC is good enough to run any game I own on max purposely set my PC to medium settings just so it uses that fraction of a cent less electricity just because I don't care if my game isn't as sexy as can be.

Another reason I have shifted to PC gaming more is because of the indie games. Most AAA titles bore me to death because they are just the same safe formulas over and over again just with different coats of paint and maybe one interesting new mechanic that isn't deep enough to make or break the game in the game it's introduced in.

I in general still prefer a gamepad over keyboard and mouse though and consoles are much easier to just play on a gamepad. Beyond that my favorite genre (JRPG) isn't well represented on PC at all :/

I think GG is starting to sputter back to life. I hit refresh and instead of the system maintenance header it changed to Gamers Gate.... and that's about it.

I just got one of my two gifts that i sent like 2 hours ago, so it seems they are slowly getting things in order.

I think GG is starting to sputter back to life. I hit refresh and instead of the system maintenance header it changed to Gamers Gate.... and that's about it.

Not sale related but this is the only Steam thread at the moment.

Does anyone know why when I set up my categories etc on my Desktop PC, EXIT and let the cloud stuff sync up, then I log in my Laptop and it resets back to how it was. But if I make changes on my Laptop, EXIT and let the cloud sync up, log in on my Desktop and it has the new changes? Like the laptop is acting as the master so to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom