• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

fucking shameless

Well if all your friends have the game already why not sell it for 1/3 the price it has been going for all sale.

The amount of pissing around it takes to get one of these orders complete it's not exactly a huge profit for the time investment.

(I don't have a complete order, but if I did I'd probably sell them for around a similar price, give me a few $ for a couple more Steam games)

I got a notifcation in my email that they're awaiting payment for my order from paypal for 2 4-packs of Borderlands 2. I wonder if that means I'll be able to buy it at that price once the website comes back up.

I also had Ghost recon in my cart just prior to the shutdown. I actually wanted GR more than BL, truth be told. Oh well, i'll be happy with any discount.

Back to steam stuff, I swear, there must be something wrong with the gifting mechanism. I had to resend more than one gift multiple times because people were telling me they weren't getting any notification. As well, one person even said they already redeemed and downloaded the gift I sent them, and yet it was still showing up in my inventory. It disappeared a few hours later, but I wonder what would have happened if I sent the same gift to someone else?

Then again, I don't want to risk anything that might result in losing my steam account. Already have way too much money put into that.

I got a notifcation in my email that they're awaiting payment for my order from paypal for 2 4-packs of Borderlands 2. I wonder if that means I'll be able to buy it at that price once the website comes back up.

I also had Ghost recon in my cart just prior to the shutdown. I actually wanted GR more than BL, truth be told. Oh well, i'll be happy with any discount.
You should be able to still buy it since its pending on your payment.
Happen to me with the Bethesda Bundle, but I got my payment through well before maintenance. Battling my library for the keys was another thing.

Narag

I'm not entirely sure but I seem to recall some folk were able to buy the Bethesda bundle later in the day so long as the order was pending so hopefully it'll go through for you.

I'm in the same situation as you. FWIW, I think that's what some people were able to do with the Bethesda pack. Kinda like you're locked into the price until you're finally able to pay.

And I don't know why, but I took the time to add the 5% code and bring the 4-pack down to $10.68. If it goes through I'll probably just gift away the copies or add them to the GAF Wishlist thread.

zulux21

Well if all your friends have the game already why not sell it for 1/3 the price it has been going for all sale.

The amount of pissing around it takes to get one of these orders complete it's not exactly a huge profit for the time investment.

(I don't have a complete order, but if I did I'd probably sell them for around a similar price, give me a few $ for a couple more Steam games)

My plan is to sell my extra keys for $10 (or trading for like alice and grimrock for $8.75 total) or stuff like that, but I also plan to do that in the proper buy sell trade thread after I can obtain more than a single extra key, or on other sites to people who don't actively know what people paid for the key.

I personally feel that if both parties are happy with the transaction, what else really matters?

anyways ignoring pricing mistakes like gamersgate has had, I have still be let down by the steam deals this year. I have repeatedly been seeing stuff I was planning to buy during this steam sale on sale for cheaper on amazon and other sites (and this is after steam put it as a daily) and while amazon is putting on a show this year, in general I feel this sale has a lot more 50-66% off for stuff on sale on stuff that isn't exactly new or in demand. (as compared to last years sales having a lot more 75% off on stuff) but it might just be in my head.

*grumbles* I'll get Grimrock in the next sale. Seems like it could still get cheap after new year.

Also please for the love of god try to get the thread free of trades. I do free gifts myself, but trading will always make more and more people come to the thread just to trade.

M.D

For people who purchased from Gamersgate - when they send you an email after you purchased something, does it have a link or something to confirm it?

For people who purchased from Gamersgate - when they send you an email after you purchased something, does it have a link or something to confirm it?

when they sent me an email telling me my order had been recieved, they sent me a link to check the status of my order with a link to finalize payment through paypal

Nimajneb

When I bought the Bethesda bundle I got no email from GamersGate. The only confirmation I got was from PayPal.

Woke up, checked all the sites for deals. The second I saw GamersGate was down, I knew I missed something big.

oipic

Loud, public shout-out to Autofokus for grabbing a Borderlands 2 key for me - thanks again for your help, mate!

The GAF community really is terrific
(almost all the time)

Firebrand

Binary Domain is $4.37 on GMG (voucher GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). Don't know if that's new for today or not, but hey, great price on a great game.

Borderlands 2 is 65% off. Bad timing on that one!

M.D

when they sent me an email telling me my order had been recieved, they sent me a link to check the status of my order with a link to finalize payment through paypal

Got no email from them, not when I put the order down, or after I paid.

When I bought the Bethesda bundle I got no email from GamersGate. The only confirmation I got was from PayPal.

Woke up, checked all the sites for deals. The second I saw GamersGate was down, I knew I missed something big.

Same, only got the receipt from PayPal after paying.
I'm just trying to figure out why the games won't show up in my library, I thought maybe you have to confirm the purchase when you get an email.

I wish they had a number that you could call, the support team is taking their time to help me, but they were so quick to offer a refund at first :/

Well, I managed to redeem my BL2 key and send myself a gift before the system manteinance notice went up...

Now I'm leaving and won't have internet access until tomorrow. Guess I'm fucked :/

zulux21

the borderlands 2 season pass is 50% off on greenman and if you use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 it drops to $10.50

little sad i paid $15 twice over 2 hours ago but w/e it's a good price for the new BL2 owners.
the mecromancer DLC also seems to be 50% off

Binary Domain is $4.37 on GMG (voucher GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). Don't know if that's new for today or not, but hey, great price on a great game.

Borderlands 2 is 65% off. Bad timing on that one!
Wow. If only I didn't buy it for $10 in the Amazon sale during the summer. Would definitely get it at that price.

Tizoc

So GAF sell me on the Serious Sam Complete Pack $15 for all those games is very tempting, but I don't know much about the SS series. Much of what I know is that you have lots of ammo and don't have to worry about cover and you just shoot the enemies if you see them.

zulux21

Season pass = all DLC, right? The mecromancer pack is part of that?

the season pass is the 4 major DLC
the mecromancer is not part of that nor is the 2 $5 DLC that were preorder bonuses part of it.

if more classes come out they will likely not be part of it, and from the sounds of it there will be a season 2 dlc coming next fall that won't be part of the season pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom