• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be interested BioShock 1/2, The Darkness 2 or Borderlands 1 GOTY?

I got an email for that $5 off any 2K game and I'm thinking about getting Duke Nukem Forever but I already have BioShock 1/2 and I don't care about the other two games.

Is DNF even worth $5?
I would love Borderlands. Been really really wanting to play it.

It seems that I cannot get the key from my copy of BL2. There's no button to retrieve the key.
Anyone with the same problem?

I managed to get the first key and activate it on a friend's steam account just fine. I then gifted 1 of the 3 "gift only" copies to myself, so I could get the key to give to another friend.

The gift activated just fine, but there's no key showing up for it. I hope it's just a glitch and I didn't lose the key by gifting to myself.

ZenaxPure

I am actually really surprised OMD2 won given how many times it's been on sale even outside of the winter sale. Can't say I'm too sad though, one of my favorite games of the year so the more people that buy it the better.

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Seems like im the only one who lost money to gamersgate and got nothing.

They're not in the business of stealing from people, even opportunists like us. No doubt you'll a) get your keys with the rest of us eventually or b) get your cash back and be able to pick up a copy for $4/5 a pop as everyone else's codes start flooding through. We all just gotta take it easy 'til then.

Petrie

Banned
Seems like im the only one who lost money to gamersgate and got nothing.

I'll never understand people getting annoyed at this kinda stuff. When you get in on "too good to be true" deals, you're going to have to sometimes deal with hurdles/being patient/etc. If you can't spare the time, or afford to be out the cash for awhile, don't try for the deals.

I'll never understand people getting annoyed at this kinda stuff. When you get in on "too good to be true" deals, you're going to have to sometimes deal with hurdles/being patient/etc. If you can't spare the time, or afford to be out the cash for awhile, don't try for the deals.

Yeah pretty much. I was irked when they took my Bethesda bundle back, but I understood. They should give a refund if you submit a ticket, but it might be a day or two before they respond.

Petrie

Banned
Yeah pretty much. I was irked when they took my Bethesda bundle back, but I understood. They should give a refund if you submit a ticket, but it might be a day or two before they respond.

Maybe it's just that I've been a CAG and SD member for so long that I simply understand how these things work. A lot of the time, you will be holding up your money in the hope something comes through. That's how it is.

Don't go for these deals if you can't afford to have your money held up by taking the risk they'll go through. This is expected.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Not Steam direct, but you get a Steam key:

Borderlands Season Pass is $10.50 on gmg.com. It's 50% off plus use code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for an additional 30% off.

An-Det

Sleeping dogs with most of the dlc at 66% off. Was waiting for this after getting it cheap from gmg.

Plus Space Marine at 75% off and Thirty Flights of Loving at 50% off.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh dammit these sega classics compilations are not good at all.

It's just a plain emulator with zero options and a shitty selection screen.

Ugh.

Good thing I tried the one game I had before even thinking about buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom