• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Maybe now my order will actually go through. It's been sitting on Pending for hours even though I got the confirmation email from Moneybookers
Pending orders can sit there until they expire, usually you need the confirmation of payment from whatever payment service you are using. You might want to check the GamersGate Pending order info page in the email you probably got after initiating your order. You should be able to get back to the payment confirmation window from there. At least you can with paypal. I just kept clicking the send payment button until it finally registered. It took a while for me.

Pending orders can sit there until they expire, usually you need the confirmation of payment from whatever payment service you are using. You might want to check the GamersGate Pending order info page in the email you probably got after initiating your order. You should be able to get back to the payment confirmation window from there. At least you can with paypal. I just kept clicking the send payment button until it finally registered. It took a while for me.

Do you know how long it takes until they expire by themselves?

Right before the site went offline they removed a forum topic about Borderlands 2 keys not showing up. I think I wasted one key by gifting it to myself :( I always thought it was possible with gamersgate.

Stuff I got during this sale:
-Hotline Miami (awesome!)
-Bioshock 2 (steam gift)
-Borderlands 2 (gamersgate)

Now I'm worried about GamersGate going bankrupt and never receiving my Bethesda Bundle.
XjCem.jpg

Zeeman

I paid through Moneybookers, when I click "Complete Payment" it tells the transaction already went through, so there's nothing else I can do to complete the order

Talon

Welp I already uninstalled NBA 2k13. I tweaked sliders and everything and all it did was make my defense even worse somehow.

I haven't played a basketball sim with defense this bad since 06-07 when Sony was still making first party basketball games. I played 2k11 on a higher difficulty with no slider tweaks and it was actually a pretty realistic game on both sides. This is just shit though.
Are you locking on your guys? It's really more about help d in 2k13 than 1-on-1. I find the FG% to be pretty accurate at the end of the games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You have touted pretty good games in the past... Not sure about these though, I have heard some pretty horrible comments about them.

I'm on the same page here. What say you Toma?!

I'd say read my OT on these games, where I even explain why these games are badly received.:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45801963

And preferably ask questions there since I cant keep up with the Steam thread atm. They are not the best games in the world, but definitely worth 4 bucks with the amount of content they offer.

Dunkelgrau

Is it possible to scale the grid-view icons down more than the UI/skin allows us?

I own about 60 games in my library and if the icons were a little more smaller they would fit on one screen without scrolling down. I am using 1680 x 1050 and get 6 rows.

cicero

I paid through Moneybookers, when I click "Complete Payment" it tells the transaction already went through, so there's nothing else I can do to complete the order
Did you get a confirmation email from your payment processor? That is the only proof I would accept that an actual payment went through.

Derrick01

Banned
Are you locking on your guys? It's really more about help d in 2k13 than 1-on-1. I find the FG% to be pretty accurate at the end of the games.

My problem wasn't the guy I was guarding manually, it's the CPU not doing anything. A bunch of times they left the area right under the hoop completely open and at least 1 guy would be there waiting for the ball. What were they doing instead? I have no idea.

A good 60% of the time that I missed a shot or turned the ball over it would lead to an easy fast break basket too. I understand that turnovers lead to fast breaks usually but not simply missing a shot. The AI would not get back on D in a realistic manner. These are things that I can't really fix manually since I can only control 1 guy at a time, and it's something that wasn't a problem in older games. I have no idea what they did to this series but all I know is they're not getting any of my money ever again until I can make sure its fixed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just can't believe I missed another fuckup by gamersgate. Site isn't even loading for me now.

They only happen when the daily deals change. That happened 6 hours ago. Set your clocks accordingly. Too bad I'm not either waking up or staying up all the way to 6 am (local time) for them.

The Bethesda one was special because it lasted like 4 hours.

IndieGala started their blatant rip-off of Steamgifts

http://www.galagiveaways.com/

As far as I see it works exactly the same.
The funny part though:

Now you have been assigned with a number of Giveaway points ( GWP ) corresponding to the total value in dollars of your Steam games x 100 ,
PLUS 2500 bonus points for the registration.

I'm going to have a lot of points on this site.

They only happen when the daily deals change. That happened 6 hours ago. Set your clocks accordingly. Too bad I'm not either waking up or staying up all the way to 6 am (local time) for them.

The Bethesda one was special because it lasted like 4 hours.
I overslept because I spent all night playing er, i mean studying. But thanks for the info, 6hours from now isn't that early over here.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No idea. Didn't register yet because the games on offer so far are shit.
EDIT: I guess they only want to verify your email?

Maybe. There's a button for me to "start" after the words "verification", but it just loads indefinitely.

Also, I got this email:

"Sorry sir, we're still in beta test and we've reached the maximum number of accounts for now.
Why don't you come back later? ;)"

the fuck.

kami_sama

Maybe. There's a button for me to "start" after the words "verification", but it just loads indefinitely.

Also, I got this email:

"Sorry sir, we're still in beta test and we've reached the maximum number of accounts for now.
Why don't you come back later? ;)"

the fuck.
Me too. WTH

Omega

Banned
Would anyone be interested BioShock 1/2, The Darkness 2 or Borderlands 1 GOTY?

I got an email for that $5 off any 2K game and I'm thinking about getting Duke Nukem Forever but I already have BioShock 1/2 and I don't care about the other two games.

Is DNF even worth $5?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I clicked "Start", which resulted in the button being greyed out and a little image appearing that presumably indicates the process is ongoing, but then... nothing. Eventually, said image disappeared and the button returned to its former state.

Is DNF even worth $5?

I think so. I found it do be decidedly average rather than outright bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom