• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I picked up Space Marine in the THQ bundle; are any of the DLC recommended for single player? What is the MP even like? Are the MP DLC just skins?

Tizoc

I will be sending the code to the winner within 24 hours, as I have night shift soon and won't be available for the next...20 hours or so @3@

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buy all 3 of those flash sales. You guys won't regret ems!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For what it's worth, it also has a commentary mode, which if you're interested (it's pretty insightful) warrants an extra 25 minutes.

Also it includes Gravity Bone if you haven't played that yet which is also 30 minutes long.
How's replayability for those games? (30 Flights of Loving and Gravity Bone) I had 30FoL on my wishlist once, until I read it was extremely short.

Sleeping Dogs at $17, Space Marine Collection at $7.50, Thirty Flights at $2.50.
5 Bald space marines?
So Space Marine is $5 for the base game, and $7.50 with all the DLC? I'll have to think about that. Sleeping Dawgs is out of the question though, if I didn't bite on the GMG sale for $11 plus credit, I won't get it for $17. Maybe next Summer Seal...

PaulLFC

This is really frustrating. Since Steam updated to allow multiple game libraries I've moved a lot of games off the C drive onto my external drive.

Quite a few of them, after downloading an update, say "disk write error" and won't launch. The thing is, I just tried downloading a game through Steam to test the drive, and it installed and booted up fine.

I have a feeling it may be that those games with the error are the ones I straight copy-pasted from the C drive instead of redownloading. I'm going to try deleting and redownloading one to see if that fixes the issue, otherwise I have no idea what it could be. It doesn't seem to be the drive itself that has a problem as it's working fine.

Darklord

Banned
Oooooh jetpacks. . . That sounds fun and reminds me of GTA:San an.

The way you launch up, take aim and fucking SMASH into a group, exploding half of them, the other half go flying. Then you smash one in the face with your war hammer. Grrr, god. I would have done that for hours. Like, you're a mother fucking 12 foot tall walking tank of a space marine.

Kud Dukan

The way you launch up, take aim and fucking SMASH into a group, exploding half of them, the other half go flying. Then you smash one in the face with your war hammer. Grrr, god. I would have done that for hours. Like, you're a mother fucking 12 foot tall walking tank of a space marine.

Sold. I've had my eye on it for a while, and it's time to pick it up.

tjohn86

This is really frustrating. Since Steam updated to allow multiple game libraries I've moved a lot of games off the C drive onto my external drive.

Quite a few of them, after downloading an update, say "disk write error" and won't launch. The thing is, I just tried downloading a game through Steam to test the drive, and it installed and booted up fine.

I have a feeling it may be that those games with the error are the ones I straight copy-pasted from the C drive instead of redownloading. I'm going to try deleting and redownloading one to see if that fixes the issue, otherwise I have no idea what it could be. It doesn't seem to be the drive itself that has a problem as it's working fine.

Did the drive letter on your external change? Internal disks are going to be a better bet than a USB external.

kennah

I'm stuck at the snipey defendy part :(

Dynoro

Have you tried verifying the files of the affected installs; in case they are missing a file or two? I moved some installs from a hard drive to a new SSD and one or two needed the verification after the install.

I might pick it up later. I need to get a better PC. I can play Crysis max settings but not Saints Row The Third on the lowest. LOL

Tizoc

As awesome as smashing fools with the hammer is in Space Marine...I prefer using the Chainsaw Sword as my melee weapon...

PaulLFC

Did the drive letter on your external change? Internal disks are going to be a better bet than a USB external.
I don't think so, but if it did that would explain it. The strange thing is it seems to download the entire update before failing, so the content must be going somewhere. Just trying to reinstall Crusader Kings II from scratch now to see if it works.

Dr Dogg

I an error with The Witcher 2 last month because it wanted to download the Enhanced Edition content on to the c: drive when it was on my g: drive. So after downloading 12gb got an error and had to start the whole fiasco again. Stupid broadband fair use policy kicked in and had capped speeds for the remaining 2 weeks of the month.

Cobano

Neo Member
I've been looking for a new multiplayer game to enjoy. Natural selection 2 looks intriguing, any opinions on that or any other recommendations?

PaulLFC

Have you tried verifying the files of the affected installs; in case they are missing a file or two? I moved some installs from a hard drive to a new SSD and one or two needed the verification after the install.
I just tried verifying a couple and they verify "successfully" instantly, which doesn't usually happen. The update status doesn't change unfortunately, I have a feeling it may be looking on the wrong drive for the games.

I an error with The Witcher 2 last month because it wanted to download the Enhanced Edition content on to the c: drive when it was on my g: drive. So after downloading 12gb got an error and had to start the whole fiasco again. Stupid broadband fair use policy kicked in and had capped speeds for the remaining 2 weeks of the month.
This seems like it could be the issue. The games in question were originally on C:\, then moved with Steam mover to the external, then copied to the new Steam library on the external once Steam got the multiple libraries feature. So presumably Steam is still looking either on C:\ or in the Steam mover directory on the external. Think it's time for a redownload.

TP17

Didn't think I would buy anything this sale except maybe FarCry3 if it appeared but for a tenner I've picked up Sleeping Dogs, I was interested when I first heard about it but I've been content just playing Fifa the last quarter of this year.

MooMoo

Argggg missed all the BL2 fuss. If anyone has a spare key I'd be willing to trade for a steam game of their choice. PM me to discuss.

scitek

My parents got me a $20 steam card for Christmas. I just looked at it and it says it's basically useless without the receipt. The hell?

PaulLFC

That's a lot of Sleeping Dogs DLC. Which ones are worth the money? I assume Nightmare in North Point will be, considering it's the most expensive. Any others?

Nice I will grab first big DLC for Sleeping Dogs. Gonna skip the tourny after reading impressions of it being...meh.

My parents got me a $20 steam card for Christmas. I just looked at it and it says it's basically useless without the receipt. The hell?

When you buy them from Gamestop the code is on the receipt.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

yeah they tend to print the code out on the receipt. the card is just a thing you bring to the register.

See if they have the receipt still. If not, you might be boned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom