• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I had a support ticket a few days ago that said they weren't going to be filling my order and they refunded me. I had only inquired as to why it only showed the collection, and not the individual games.

That's the exact same thing that happened to me! I could only see the collection, but not the games. I have a support ticket, they quickly offered me a refund, saying they won't have the keys till January, but I just tried to explain my problem better and got not response since.

I'll ask for a refund once their support center actually works :/

That's the exact same thing that happened to me! I could only see the collection, but not the games. I have a support ticket, they quickly offered me a refund, saying they won't have the keys till January, but I just tried to explain my problem better and got not response since.

I'll ask for a refund once their support center actually works :/

I didn't even ask for a refund, I even told them I would wait. They just sent the money back and canceled the order outright.

Yes.

SUFFER? Seriously people, chill out.

Well consider this. Someone from the sale who got in on it but did not get keys not only missed out on a steam sale for Dishonored, but the entire elder scrolls series as well in that time period.

I had a support ticket a few days ago that said they weren't going to be filling my order and they refunded me. I had only inquired as to why it only showed the collection, and not the individual games.

Ah, shit. This is the issue I had with a second bundle I purchased to help out another gaffer, appearing as a collection with no way to access individual games. Would be pretty shitty for them to cancel it outright after I submitted a support ticket days ago.

Well consider this. Someone from the sale who got in on it but did not get keys not only missed out on a steam sale for Dishonored, but the entire elder scrolls series as well in that time period.

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss.
Because I heard those games are never going to be on sale ever again.

KPJZKC

Well that's what I meant, I thought most people got keys and redeemed them already. Only not completed orders are affected.

I got the pack but unfortunately it contains nothing for me at all - no gift links, no download, nothing. I'm curious if the URL code for gifting copies of it is unique for each user - if not I'd love to see if I could still gift as it's in my account (but I can't see the code).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even ask for a refund, I even told them I would wait. They just sent the money back and canceled the order outright.

Of course, if they didn't and allowed you to wait, they would have to eat the cost of the price error. With the non-negotiable refund,they're at least not losing money on your purchase.

/Sorry for your loss. Did they do the same for your BL2 (or did you not try that price error?)

To jump into the argument, the person responsible is clearly incompetent and should be fired. No sense everyone losing their jobs because they go bankrupt from this doofus.

So what your saying is some programmer should lose his job because management is incompetent? Shit always rolls down hills, not up.

M.D

Ah, shit. This is the issue I had with a second bundle I purchased to help out another gaffer, appearing as a collection with no way to access individual games. Would be pretty shitty for them to cancel it outright after I submitted a support ticket days ago.

Where were you guys a few days ago when I was freaking out about only the collection showing up for me?

Anyway, hoping to get a refund without problems. It really sucks, but I also understand them.

Anyway, if someone is selling a Dishonored key.. :/

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss.
Because I heard those games are never going to be on sale ever again.

I am just giving some perspective as to why people might be upset, no need to be condescending.

Of course, if they didn't and allowed you to wait, they would have to eat the cost of the price error. With the non-negotiable refund,they're at least not losing money on your purchase.

/Sorry for your loss. Did they do the same for your BL2 (or did you not try that price error?)

Its no big deal to me, I understand how these things work. I tried to warn everyone the other day though and it fell on deaf ears.

I got the pack but unfortunately it contains nothing for me at all - no gift links, no download, nothing. I'm curious if the URL code for gifting copies of it is unique for each user - if not I'd love to see if I could still gift as it's in my account (but I can't see the code).

Ah, didn't realize that was the case. I wonder how many people got keys, if any.

nowai

Just got the email from Gamersgate "This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal."

...wah wah waaaaah.

How are you guys getting your refunds from gg?

Papal is handling it for me, Gamersgate used escrow for all their sales so they don't have any CC info. Paypal said they refunded it to my card but my bank say no. I think I'll wait a day. I hope I learned my lesson about getting those cheap deals, this affair costed me approximately $2 and I assume GamerGate will offer something.

Wonder what they're going to do for those who already got part of the keys, but not all.

They can't partial refund, it's all or nothing.

They should lose their job. They suck at it.

I was able to retrieve five of the six that I attempted shortly before the January disclaimer hit. As of this moment the eleven titles appear to be unaffected with the 6 unused keys still producing the same January message.

Volcynika

I'm ready for bitching about deals, hyperbole, and people complaining before prices are updated.

So pretty much the same as any other day.

Game over boys.
Just checked my account on gamersgate. Bethesda New Year Collection is still on my shelf with the games. Maybe it because I redeemed a couple of keys. Especially the 2 Skyrims. If they were gonna give me a refund, I would be getting those game literally for free unless they contact Steam to remove those games from my account. Didn't open a support ticket. I'm still waiting for my keys on that bundle.
Its either all or nothing for them at this point.

Pretty much this. Nobody will "suffer" except GamersGate by losing customer loyalty.

Losing on bank/paypal conversion and transfer deals may be minor. But lots of people actually sold their not even received keys because they trusted GamersGate.
I'd say people are suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom