• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

Max Payne 3 is almost 30GB holy shit. 43 min download..

image.php

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I've been looking for a new multiplayer game to enjoy. Natural selection 2 looks intriguing, any opinions on that or any other recommendations?

Asymmetrical multi-player title. Both sides have 1 player who is the commander, they direct movement, drop structures, and order supply drops for their team mates from a top down rts orientation. Human side is pretty simple to understand if you've played any iteration of Counter-strike over the years (multiple guns and equipment that is unlocked during each round...not globally like battlefield/cod). Aliens unlock different creature forms and other more specific upgrades. Aliens have a steeper learning curve, but the pay-off is greater (Fade and Lerk evolutions are the prime examples of hard to master, but devastating to opposing team in the hands of a skilled player). Even with the asymmetry, the game is balanced and one of the best multi-player titles ever made. You would be making a mistake by passing over the game.

What's the point of wasting plastic to print a damn card then? Lol

I've actually never left with one of those cards, I figured they were there kind of like the little tags you used to have to carry up to a cashier at Toys R Us. I guess gift-givers could just put the receipt in a card? Looks ugly, but the cost doesn't have to be some secret since its 1:1 with the card's value. Guess it'd have to be rung up separately from anything else though.

I won't have time to play Hotline Miami for at least 1 or 2 months.

Someone give me some imaginary odds on whether it will be at or below $5.00 again between now and March.

scitek

I've actually never left with one of those cards, I figured they were there kind of like the little tags you used to have to carry up to a cashier at Toys R Us. I guess gift-givers could just put the receipt in a card? Looks ugly, but the cost doesn't have to be some secret since its 1:1 with the card's value. Guess it'd have to be rung up separately from anything else though.

They should explain that to customers. My dad wasted $20 and I'm stuck with a useless piece of cardboard.

PaulLFC

Fixed the issue I was having with updates, it was related to moving the games from one drive to another presumably. "Delete local content" wasn't actually deleting the game files from the external HDD, so once I did that and redownloaded the game, it updated and launched fine.

NewFresh

Someone give me some imaginary odds on whether it will be at or below $5.00 again between now and March.
ef5590434a387b3c4427e09d5b08baaf.png
%

More realistically, I could see this being in a bundle or even at the $5 price range again.

Game over boys.
GanersGate said:
This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

1-D_FTW

85 percent.

I'll even make my prediction that it's 75 percent off for the Valentine's Day sale.

Ugh, Windows Live has determined that my Dead Rising 2 install (Steam) is corrupted. The prompt that pops up after first launching the game doesn't even work, and the only way to get to the next window is to click Enter which I randomly figured out. Such a mess...

Verifying game cache through Steam worked, but still... ugh.

They should explain that to customers. My dad wasted $20 and I'm stuck with a useless piece of cardboard.

Totally agree with you, especially for the holidays. The place that used to tell you a Dreamcast game won't work in a Playstation every time you bought one should surely inform the people buying gift cards in December that there's a trick to redeeming it.

shaowebb

In steam gift money this year I received from all my extended family an amount totalling something over $200 after everyones wallet codes were totalled. Its been great, but honestly anything else at this point that I buy is just for kicks. I don't even think theres anything left this gen thats out that I want so considering I had a few bucks left in the wallet I went searching for more casual titles like bejeweled and such I can pickup, play a few minutes, and put down without a huge time investment between freelance jobs Im doing.

Discovered the Mumbojumbo bundle for $27 and just loaded up on a TON of Luxor titles, some hidden image games, mahjong and some bejeweled clones as well. Im really happy with this.

I did really well this year. Waaaaaaaaaay more buys than I thought I would make, but wallet codes kept coming my way since no one knows what to get me and I put the word out to both sides of the family to just go that route.

I got:

daedalic bundle
mumbo jumbo bundle
sonic franchise bundle
intrustion 2
critter crunch
magical drop v
A valley without wind bundle
Binary Domain
Book of Unwritten Tales
Critter Chronicles
Deponia
Chaos on deponia
Cradle of Persia
Someone gifted me Company of heroes (wtf?)
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Defenders Quest
Devil May Cry 4
Dont Starve
Super Street Fighter IV AE with all DLC
All DLC deckpacks for Magic the Gathering 2012 AND 2013
eryi's action
la mulana
wooden sen sey
Fortune summoners (another gift!)
Hell Yeah
Monkey Island 2 special edition
Puzzle Kingdoms
Puzzle Pirates
Puzzle Quest
Rotastice
Runespell overture
Secret of Monkey Island special edition
Toki Tori
Universe Sandbox
SFxTekken with outfit dlc/gempacks
THQ indie bundle

I didn't list all the particular sonic titles or mumbo jumbo titles since there are a TON in those bundles but its been an absolutely insane holiday with all the wallet codes family gave me. Having about 14 family members all just show up with around $20 codes to give me was overwhelming. I gifted a lot of stuff to family and friends out of that cash too thats not on this list as well.

Its been great guys. Im out.

PaulLFC

Anyone have any impressions of either Patrician IV Gold or Port Royale 3? They're both around £6 with the discount on GMG, but the reviews aren't exactly the best.

scitek

Totally agree with you, especially for the holidays. The place that used to tell you a Dreamcast game won't work in a Playstation every time you bought one should surely inform the people buying gift cards in December that there's a trick to redeeming it.

I'll chalk this up to that particular store not training properly since it seems like they're not even supposed to let the cards leave the store.

Shit :(

I hope I at least won't have problems getting the refund, seeing how I had trouble with the purchase itself

Did you guys get that msg on your email? I got nothing

I had a support ticket a few days ago that said they weren't going to be filling my order and they refunded me. I had only inquired as to why it only showed the collection, and not the individual games.

Wonder what they're going to do for those who already got part of the keys, but not all.

They can't partial refund, it's all or nothing.

They should lose their job. They suck at it.

Im sure they will fill those orders. They have to, or else give a full refund. It isn't like they can take redeemed steam keys back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom