• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed this....what the hell?!

Indeed

The voting thing has to be bugged...unless there are only going to be 15 votes.

Well that's what the badge requires, so...

And that requirement isn't even necessary to get the badge

I guess that would make sense, since there is a dumb pointless badge cheevo thing for 15 votes. I don't know why they'd scale that back, especially when lots of the games in the voting mix are owned by most active Steam users. The odds of something I actually want popping up are even more slim now.

EDIT - It says 24 hours and 15 minutes, okay yay that's bugged. My bad.

we'll have to see

it would be kinda crazy if true

Sianos

THE PLAN SO FAR:

- Arkham Asylum (bought for $5)
- FTL
- Hotline Miami
- Scribblenauts Unlimited ($7.50 off of Amazon)
- Dark Souls
- Others that catch my eye...

And of course, gifts!

Cramoss

THE PLAN SO FAR:

- Arkham Asylum (bought for $5)
- FTL
- Hotline Miami
- Scribblenauts Unlimited ($7.50 off of Amazon)
- Dark Souls
- Others that catch my eye...

And of course, gifts!

Me:

Skyrim
Ys Origin
Mark of the Ninja
Super Hexagon
and something else

At most I'll spend like $5. I think only 75% off FTL can budge me

I'm finally going to say fuck it this year. I think I'm going to go all out. Not going to spend more than $100, but for the last 2 plus years I've been a stingy bastard only picking up one or two games and kick myself when I don't jump on a sale. With the Steam sale, Amazon sale and Gog sale I think I'm going to treat myself. Bisohock 2? Why not. Planetscape? I should probably buy that if I'm a gamer. Mark of the Ninja? I will buy the fuck out of you if you are less than $10. Darksiders II for $13? I will dance in the hedonistic pleasure of adding another game to my ever growing backlog even though I haven't finished Darksiders 1. I just wish I didn't put the Walking Dead on my Christmas wish list, because I could have bought that twice over in the last month for 50 percent off.

McNum

And confirmed! The software side of Steam also participated in flash sales. ArtRage is 66% off. Come on RPG Maker...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Okay, this is actually a really good user vote line up. I want Waking Mars but Miasmata looks really interesting. Voted for Miasmata since I'd rather get WM on my phone.

Sblargh

Banned
I really need a good Skyrim discount this year. I hate double dipping into games, usually there is no point, but my Skyrim copy is the PS3 version. So, yeah, I need a proper Skyrim.

Raxus

Screw it, I voted Forge. Looked fun I suppose.

I really need a good Skyrim discount this year. I hate double dipping into games, usually there is no point, but my Skyrim copy is the PS3 version. So, yeah, I need a proper Skyrim.

I can almost guarantee it and its DLC will all be on sale.

The daily deals last for another ~38 hours?
Been this way for a while. You get a 'last chance' period after the new dailies are up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, I'm buying Deus Ex 1 & 2 (yeah, I don't care if Invisible War is an abomination of the highest level, I'm gonna play that franchise in order). I already have Human Revolution and The Missing Link. Is any of the other DLC worth it?

Oh screw it, let's add the PoP franchise pack too: I've been payed the semiannual bonus (half of 13th salary) today and will get my month's paycheck in a week, so I can treat myself to it. And Batman AA GOTY for 5 bucks, yay or nay?

Another question: which game should I vote for? I already have Waking Mars from the last Humble Android Bundle, but I'm willing to vote for it if someone asks me to.}

EDIT: also want the Monkey Island remakes. Rate this is going, I'll be broke before the weekend.

Raxus

If You Need A Budget 4 goes on sale I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...
So the flash sales right now are Natural Selection, Batman, Deus Ex, some paintbrush thing, Doom and <blank>.

Fill <blank> for me please, it's not available in my country.

Fable III, you didn't miss much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom