• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

It's ok. I'm a guy who likes Puzzle Quest and Faerie Solitaire and stuff, and it's sort of like them. More on the casual side, like Faerie Solitaire. It didn't hold my interest for more than a few hours, FWIW.

If you like casual matching games, it's worth taking a flyer on to see if it grabs you.

Oh, I liked Faerie Solitaire, so I might get this. Thanks.

If you still have it installed its fairly simple these days. Six Updater and apparently another program automate the process for you.

Plus Arma 2 is kind of awesome on its own. Very much worth owning.
Nobody plays the multiplayer, RPS crew do tacticool Tuesday or Thursday but they all play the newer expansions. Mostly just a bunch of Russian 13 year olds playing Arma 2 free.

Scirrocco

Well dang it. X-com's slingshot DLC isn't on sale, despite the game being 25% off. Guess its to new to go on sale. Really wanted those hats, but i guess it'll have to wait.

Doomrider

Prince of Persia franchise worth it for somebody who hasn't played any of the games?

Absolutely.

Sands of Time is a classic. Warrior Within may be a bit too long for its own good, but the enhancements to the combat system were welcome. You may or may not enjoy the Godsmack/Godsmack-inspired OST and the darker and more violent tone of the game. Two Thrones keeps the enhancements to the combat system introduced in the previous game, adds some new stuff of its own and goes back to a more "lighthearted" tone. It's possibly the most fun game out of the Sands trilogy. Also, chariots.

Prince of Persia is gorgeous, the combat system is interesting (one on one fights only) and the platforming is good enough. No time manipulation involved (that I remember at least). Also, Pac-Man.

Forgotten Sands is very pretty, but I feel the controls have somehow gotten worse. I've only played a bit of that one, though.

It should be everything including the Harley Quinn DLC.

Sweet! I already own it on PC but I made the huge mistake of buying the retail version. Basically, no sale on DLC ever, and I'd have to buy all DLC through the shitty GFW Marketplace thing.

The way I see it, I'm getting all the DLC for $7.50. notbad.jpg

Arkham City was the only GFWL game that caused me issues but it wasn't during install. It ate my save but luckily it happened just after I finished the game and went back to complete some of the side stuff, so I at least got to finish the main story.

It ate mine twice. The first time I was near the end of the game. At least it was good enough for a replay.

Cheddahz

Banned
I swear, the people here on NeoGAF are sweet

eUAVi.png

Absolutely.

Sands of Time is a classic. Warrior Within may be a bit too long for its own good, but the enhancements to the combat system were welcome. You may or may not enjoy the Godsmack/Godsmack-inspired OST and the darker and more violent tone of the game. Two Thrones keeps the enhancements to the combat system introduced in the previous game, adds some new stuff of its own and goes back to a more "lighthearted" tone. It's possibly the most fun game out of the Sands trilogy. Also, chariots.

Prince of Persia is gorgeous, the combat system is interesting (one on one fights only) and the platforming is good enough. No time manipulation involved (that I remember at least). Also, Pac-Man.

Forgotten Sands is very pretty, but I feel the controls have somehow gotten worse. I've only played a bit of that one, though.

Much appreciated. You sold me.

Now if only the Lost Planet games and Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops would drop to at least 75% off.
Yes I know I'm asking a lot from Capcom/Activision(MW2 is currently 25% off...what the heck).

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Mirror's Edge purchased.

I guess I'll need to sign in on my laptop so I can buy games while out of town.

Whatthe... steam now will email me when an item on my wishlist is a daily? I'm so conflicted! On one hand, it was always mind boggling to me that they didn't have such an obvious feature. On the other hand... NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!

But, I don't seem to be getting any emails! Has anyone got an email from it yet? For example Borderlands 2 is on my list, but I got nothing...

fallagin

Holy shiiiiiit at the thq bundle. I have alot of the stuff on it, I'm not sure whether it would be entirely cost efficient for me to get it. Incredible deal though.

metalshade

Whatthe... steam now will email me when an item on my wishlist is a daily? I'm so conflicted! On one hand, it was always mind boggling to me that they didn't have such an obvious feature. On the other hand... NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!

But, I don't seem to be getting any emails! Has anyone got an email from it yet? For example Borderlands 2 is on my list, but I got nothing...

I got an email for hitman absolution. So yeah it seems to work. Not sure if I actually want the feature though, might just turn it off.

Sober

Absolutely.

The combat is a downgrade from WW/TTT but Forgotten Sands has arguably the best platforming of all the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom