• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So the flash sales right now are Natural Selection, Batman, Deus Ex, some paintbrush thing, Doom and <blank>.

Fill <blank> for me please, it's not available in my country.

edit: thanks Grim Reaper and Raxus.

DTKT

Is Wargame a decent RTS? Been itching for some strategy lately, but I don't want to get it if it's mediocre

I am curious about this too.

It's a great RTS but it depends on what you want out of it. It's closest parent is probably World in Conflict mixed in with some RUSE(the good parts). You basically start a map with a set amount of points which allow you to mix and match different units. You can can go tank-heavy, helicopter bonanza or be a coward and use a lot of artillery. There are loads of different units and it strives for historical accuracy. There is some basic logistic stuff, you need to resupply your units with ammo and fuel, but it's all very simple with just some trucks or Chinook. There is no base building beyond capturing points.

The map size can be a bit overwhelming sometimes, but it's never forces you to micromanage everything. Multi-player is very reminiscent of WiC, where every player tends to focus on a particular branch and everyone tries to support each other.

Singleplayer seems descent, I haven't gotten very far into it. Seems that the russians are bad and that NATO needs to save the day.

kswiston

So the flash sales right now are Natural Selection, Batman, Deus Ex, some paintbrush thing, Doom and <blank>.

Ya, your country was protecting you.

Voted Miasmata. Nice to see a community vote that isn't stuff like Deus Ex: HR, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Just Cause 2 which have all been on sale 500 times.

GAMERG0D

Would anyone like to buy me the two Monkey Island games? I'll give 400 microsoft points in return, I only have 300 of them right now due to Bing Rewards taking a bit to email me the last 100 but you'll get all 400 if you would help me get these two games. Not sure if the MSP codes are region exclusive but I'm American so take that into consideration.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
everyone's voting for Miasmata correct?

dont disappoint me gaf

I actually came into the thread to see what games people wanted lol. Steam community will probably disappoint you though, like they did with Ys Origin last year.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Thrilled with the upcoming $7.50 Scribblenauts on Amazon. Fantastic deal, glad I resisted the urge to buy it today.

Oh man, I saw your avatar and thought to myself "Woah, cool." I also thought about saying something, but decided against cluttering the thread. Went to right click/save...

SCREEEEEEEE

That file name got me.

Jak140

I've got 2 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 (regular edition) from a 4 pack I bought.

If anyone has Paypal and wants one or both, quote this post and I will send you a PM with my Steam info and Paypal email. They're $7.50 each, plus whatever the cost of the Paypal fees (you should see what they are when you send payment).

Edit: both copies gone to carbonbased and shintoki.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Everyone needs the Monkey Island bundle. They're the best adventure games ever created. The Monkey Island universe is so wonderfully charming and funny. There's some dispute about the quality of the remakes, I get the complaints about the basic art in the first one but they really stepped it up with the second, the art is stunning at times. Plus you can always just hit a button and switch to the classic art style, so it's a moot point.

kswiston

I actually came into the thread to see what games people wanted lol. Steam community will probably disappoint you though, like they did with Ys Origin last year.

Ys origin was still either a flash sale or a daily deal during the summer sale, since I got the game for 60% off.

Everyone needs the Monkey Island bundle. They're the best adventure games ever created. The Monkey Island universe is so wonderfully charming and funny. There's some dispute about the quality of the remakes, I get the complaints about the basic art in the first one but they really stepped it up with the second, the art is stunning at times. Plus you can always just hit a button and switch to the classic art style, so it's a moot point.

This.

Respect, Snuggler.

Really have my eyes on Retro City Rampage and Mark of the Ninja (if it goes 50% or more). It's the only 2 games I would like that I could possibly afford. Between being unemployed and using whatever money I had left to celebrate a 3 year anniversary with my girlfriend earlier today, money is extremely tight though...but I can look at this as a great thing since I won't be tempted to buy 54642 other games that I'll never finish, haha.

I'll be checking out the daily/flash deals to see if either of these come up. If I have to get only 1, I'm leaning towards Mark of the Ninja. Everyone has said great things. I'll also be doing my part and voting for whichever game the majority of GAF has voted on.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for quoting myself, but I'd like to hear some opinions if I may (bolded the relevant questions):
Cool, I'm buying Deus Ex 1 & 2 (yeah, I don't care if Invisible War is an abomination of the highest level, I'm gonna play that franchise in order). I already have Human Revolution and The Missing Link. Is any of the other DLC worth it?

Oh screw it, let's add the PoP franchise pack too: I've been payed the semiannual bonus (half of 13th salary) today and will get my month's paycheck in a week, so I can treat myself to it. And Batman AA GOTY for 5 bucks, yay or nay?

Sorry for quoting myself, but I'd like to hear some opinions if I may (bolded the relevant questions):
I haven't bought the other DLC, but I would say, as cheap as it is, go ahead and get it if you're even remotely interested.

I definitely felt like I had a very fulfilling and expansive product from DE:HR, and Missing Link was a great complimentary piece of content. I had no interest in the other parts, though. If you're into that kind of thing, though, I bet it's solid additions.

Grief.exe

I blindly voted (don't know about any of those 3 games) and it ended up being Miasmata so I guess yay?!

Look into it.

If you like Adventure/Survival games it might be for you. $7.50 might not be steep enough of a discount for me, but game deserves more recognition.

Arzehn

Pretty disappointed that there isn't a ton of achievements like last year for random games for random chances of winning games. :(

kswiston

I would say no for Deus Ex: HR, but they are only a few cents a piece, so if you like the idea of extra weapons, you could go for it. The game won't feel incomplete without that stuff though.

Anteo

So I just got Mirror's Edge. The only other thing I want from this sale is a Complete SSF4 Arcade. Sadly I don't think is avalible in my region =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom