• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Scribblenauts for 7,50 is pretty baller. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying that on Amazon. Should go in the OP, IMO.

Miasmata will get my vote, but I don't really want to pay 7,50 for it. Next sale/Humble Bundle it is.

I didn't even noticed the daily Flash Deals changed. Deus EX has a nice discount, but I'm not ever going to play that.

Time for me to go to bed. See you all tomorrow! Them dealzzz!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't bought the other DLC, but I would say, as cheap as it is, go ahead and get it if you're even remotely interested.

I definitely felt like I had a very fulfilling and expansive product from DE:HR, and Missing Link was a great complimentary piece of content. I had no interest in the other parts, though. If you're into that kind of thing, though, I bet it's solid additions.
I haven't played it yet, nor the previous Deus Ex games (I have 1 & 2 on my cart right now), so I don't know whether those pieces of DLC are worth it.

AA Goty for $5 is a steal.
Deus ex dlc: NO

Batman: YES
I would say no for Deus Ex: HR, but they are only a few cents a piece, so if you like the idea of extra weapons, you could go for it. The game won't feel incomplete without that stuff though.
Thank you guys, I'll skip the DLC and get AA GOTY instead. I hope GMG puts AC GOTY on sale for $4 again.

I didn't even noticed the daily Flash Deals changed. Deus EX has a nice discount, but I'm not ever going to play that.
You are making a big mistake.

I wasn't super keen on the original Deus Ex, but it was easy to see why it was so highly regarded. DE: Human Revolution is a fantastic title, though. I highly recommend it.

edit:
I haven't played it yet, nor the previous Deus Ex games (I have 1 & 2 on my cart right now), so I don't know whether those pieces of DLC are worth it.
I just meant getting bonus gun packs or similar types of DLC, but glad to see others could give you a much more helpful response.

shaowebb

Holy crap there is a daedalic bundle in the indie section selling both Deponia titles plus 2 others for under $14 O_O

Farewell wallet...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Got Batman AC (PS3 version keeps freezing on me), Hitman collection, and a gift for one lucky GAF member. That'll do for now.

Also voted for Miasmata.

Grief.exe

Also voted for Miasmata.

Voted for Miasmata. Let's do this!

Voted for Miasmata. Easily the best of the three.

Good call

Wow, can't believe Absolution is on sale already. It wasn't even full retail price to begin with.

Its on sale for cheaper at Amazon right now.

If you are interested, I know you are making a blanket statement about the game. Just making sure you are aware.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, OH NO. The Monkey Island Special Edition games don't appear in order. They don't appear in order AT ALL. The first one is called "The Secret of Monkey Island", and the second one, "Monkey Island 2". Which means I have one game under the letter S, and its sequel under the M. Fuck that shit!

And the Prince of Persia games are also in alphabetical order, instead of chronological. Why Gaben, why?

I've got 2 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 (regular edition) from a 4 pack I bought.

If anyone has Paypal and wants one or both, quote this post and I will send you a PM with my Steam info and Paypal email. They're $7.50 each, plus whatever the cost of the Paypal fees (you should see what they are when you send payment).
I would love a copy. Pming you.

dot

Time for me to go to bed. See you all tomorrow! Them dealzzz!

You should remove it from your wishlist then, i almost gifted you Human Revolution earlier you dork. lol

I also voted for Miasmata, but only because i thought the name sounded cool. :)

Don't vote for Miasmata, please. Waking Mars is deserving of more attention.

Waking Mars was a really good iOS game that I enjoyed playing as a timewaster while I was on vacation and paying $1-2 for. On PC it's a ripoff at $10 and a poor value at $5. It would be at the bottom of the pile of my PC backlog. It's barely mediocre on PC unless they really, really updated the game for PC.

Vote Miasmata.

Lain

Everyone needs the Monkey Island bundle. They're the best adventure games ever created. The Monkey Island universe is so wonderfully charming and funny. There's some dispute about the quality of the remakes, I get the complaints about the basic art in the first one but they really stepped it up with the second, the art is stunning at times. Plus you can always just hit a button and switch to the classic art style, so it's a moot point.

Personally, I though the graphics in both remakes were bad. The second less so, but still bad nonetheless (compared to the original).

I also have issues with the original games (when switching the new graphics off) being English only, when my physical copies of the original games are localized in my language, but I guess that's something that only matters to a little percentage of people.

GAMERG0D

Was able to get the two Monkey Island games from a friend. Only other things I'll be getting are Cave Story+ and VVVVVV. The Summer Sale is when I'll really purchase a lot, as I'll have a new PC then.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've got 2 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 (regular edition) from a 4 pack I bought.

If anyone has Paypal and wants one or both, quote this post and I will send you a PM with my Steam info and Paypal email. They're $7.50 each, plus whatever the cost of the Paypal fees (you should see what they are when you send payment).

PM sent

Platy

Question: Does the gifting badge work if you gift someone a thing, or just if you buy something as a gift?

Not sure .. but my first buy was a gift (PoP Collection) for a friend and it gave me both the "buy something" and the "gift something" at the same time

Guys we're just a few minutes until the end of the world comes , I'm gonna miss you all.... and my games :'(

And in the end a deity comes and says to everyone : You shall remain alive enoght time to FINISH YOUR STEAM BACKLOG

and suddenly all is forgotten

The end of the world started on the East Coast and all Steam does is entrap me in a backlog of new games I will never get to play.

I have time now! It's not fair! It's not fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom