• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seance

Banned
33% off dawnguard............ i'll wait a bit more. My Desktop is acting up, takes like 10 minutes to boot windows, normally 8 seconds. :(

Do the publisher deals last throughout the sale? I'm tempted to pick up Mark of the Ninja for 12 bucks, but I should probably wait to see if it's a daily deal right?

There are easily a dozen indie titles I want to pick up, but I'm too broke because of christmas :(

They're still going to have the new years sales right?

Doomrider

The combat is a downgrade from WW/TTT but Forgotten Sands has arguably the best platforming of all the games.

I feel the added sense of weight to the Prince's movements doesn't fit with the type of platforming found in the game. Maybe I need more time to get used to it, I only played it for an hour and a half or so, so I didn't really get to see any kind of advanced platforming (as advanced as the PoP kind of platforming allows for, anyway).

RSLAEV

Qbaj8.jpg

The only ones I really want are Dark Souls and Driver. Should I wait for a flash sale or just go for it?

Stoof

Any chance for the THQ bundle to go lower? I remember buying the Ass Creed bundle for $45 in the summer and the next day the bundle got a daily for cheaper so I didn't know if it'd apply to their bundle too.

I feel like trying one of the Batman games. Should I, and if so which one should I buy?

Both are excellent games, but I'm more partial to Asylum. Depends on what kind of game experience you want I guess. Asylum is like Batman meets Metroid Prime. City has that too, but with an open world between the Metroidy parts with tons of side-stuff and collect-a-thon Riddler stuff. I thought Asylum was more focused, but then again I'm not a huge fan of open worldy stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The voting thing has to be bugged...unless there are only going to be 15 votes.

I guess that would make sense, since there is a dumb pointless badge cheevo thing for 15 votes. I don't know why they'd scale that back, especially when lots of the games in the voting mix are owned by most active Steam users. The odds of something I actually want popping up are even more slim now.

EDIT - It says 24 hours and 15 minutes, okay yay that's bugged. My bad.

benjipwns

Banned
Probably been posted but click around the "olid" area in "Steam Holiday Sale" on the front page. Above the o or i were the spots I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom