• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the BL2 4pack this morning, had its payment on hold.
Paid it now, and the game is shown in my game list, but no keys :(

Hopefully it will last there until they bring up more keys.

Looks like somebody hasn't read the news, right guys?

They canceled all their sales with erroneous price.

Gintoki

Are they? they got removed from my library, but I've yet to receive anything in terms of an email from them for a refund. I'm not really angry or upset about losing the games, especially since it was a massive mistake on their part, but I would like my money back.

They should send you, I received the email an hour ago. If you didn't contact them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hell nah

Would GTA let you do this?

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

You mean watch the same canned animations dozens of times throughout the game? I'll take GTA's euphoria physics over that any day.

^ The dumpster kills are hilarious. You literally just throw the bad guy in one and he dies.

On a totally different note, I got on board with FTL a couple weeks ago, and it's fantastic. Buy or die, squids.

They should send you, I received the email an hour ago. If you didn't contact them.

that's fine then, I can wait. I understand if they need time to do this, especially with all of the orders that were placed, but if they're going to remove games from someones library without any explanation, it's going to make people very upset.

Gintoki

I didn't get any email either. What's going on?!

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
support@gamersgate.com

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
No, but those that didn't get their steam keys got refunded. Seems fair.

Yeah, that's fine.

Yeah, they're removing the pack from people's accounts. But if you already activated a valuable key (like Skyrim or Dishonored), then the games would more than likely stay in your account. But you better pray the give you the keys for the rest of your games in January.

The keys have already been activated.

jediyoshi

Yeah, they're removing the pack from people's accounts. But if you already activated a valuable key (like Skyrim or Dishonored), then the games would more than likely stay in your account. But you better pray the give you the keys for the rest of your games in January.

If you got through with Skyrim or Dishonored, you're already ahead.

dreamfall

Violent takedowns reminded me of the torture sequences in the Punisher.

That and Yakuza- brutality at it's finest.

Why compare Sleeping Dogs and GTA? Yes, they've both got open worlds, driving, linear story-based missions etc. but they play completely different. Melee vs. weapon/cover based combat- they both do different things very well.

Alice, yay or nay? Never played the first game.

I went for it! $4.99 for some trippy platforming and some beautiful hair!

Wok

That and Yakuza- brutality at it's finest.

Why compare Sleeping Dogs and GTA? Yes, they've both got open worlds, driving, linear story-based missions etc. but they play completely different. Melee vs. weapon/cover based combat- they both do different things very well.

Apart from melee and cover, there is a clear inspiration from GTA. It is like taking the core of GTA and improving all the details.

Dingotech

Just woke up and see that Gamersgate have removed my Borderlands 4-pack from my account.

I'm yet to see anything regarding a refund....

They would want to rectify this quick bloody smart or I'm going to be pissed off.

HoosTrax

is the creature slaughterdome dlc for Borderlands 2 worth getting for $3.50 from GMG?
I think that particular one, aside from being a previous Gamestop preorder exclusive which is an immediate knock against it, is like a short, non-repeatable version of Moxxi's Arena.

So I say no.

sixclaws

Banned
I wish civ 5 would go on sale, I'm not sure if I've missed a daily deal for it yet, I hope not.

If I remember correctly Amazon is going to have a civ 5 deal soon, Friday I believe, outside of the various 2k bundles that currently have it. You might as well wait till then and see what the best value for you is going to be, if you don't own anything in the pack go for that cause Tony said that would be the best value for your dollar in terms of games.

Wok

do you hear that. that's the true crime games crying in the corner.

this. I wish Wei Shen would yell out "OH SHIT, IT'S DIM SUM TIME!"

I skipped these, so my statement is based on playing:
  • GTA 3
  • GTA Vice City
  • GTA San Andreas
  • GTA Chinatown wars (oh oh)

Same developer

that was the point. that the reference is to another series of a similar genre rather than one they're previously already responsible for.

It makes sense.

rj118

I have two Steam keys for Serious Sam 3: BFE for $5 each if anyone's interested. The game was going for $6 during the flash sale!

I'm seeing all the sleeping dogs DLC on sale and would really love to know if anyone has enjoyed some of them.

I think I'll pass on the Nightmare one because it's not my style, but I'll probably grab drunken fist (might not add much but I love drunken master), are any of the others fun additions to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom