• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry if I'm late, but The Basement Collection, Cave Story+, and Offspring Fling! were just added to the Humble Bundle 7. Awesome!

are any of those steam? i've already entered my humble bundle 7 steam key (day it went live) and none show up. I payed above the minimum.

*edit* nevermind, they are all there! at the unique humble url sent to my e-mail

JustinBB7

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

If you still refused to pick up the sleeper hit of this year here's my thoughts on why you should pick up sleeping dogs:

"Sleeping Dogs is probably going to be my favourite game this year. It’s hard to imagine why Activision wanted to scrap this game as it really excels well as a sandbox game and has refined how we see the genre altogether.

The story is amazing and can hold its own compared to Mafia 2 / GTA4. The combat is great, as well as movement; it’s very responsive compared to GTA4. Car’s are slightly arcade-ish to handle - but considering you can hijack cars and do slow motion shoot-outs it works out pretty well.

Overall Sleeping Dogs is a love letter to Hong Kong cinema; I’ve been mesmerized by its tiny immaculate detail which gives this game so much charisma and charm. Truly one the great gems of this generation.

On a last note, the PC version is just amazing, advance PC options and day 1 HD textures really show that United Front is commited to the PC. Listening to Ninja Tune radio while driving a motorbike down a wet and rainy neon lit sky is just pure bliss."

I'm not lying when I say the PC version is good:.

I actually wanted this game and then you tell me it's just a boring as GTAIV :(

Yay!

Picked up FTL and SPAZ for a total of $8.39. Niiiiice.

Although I have to say LOL at the Lego LOTR "sale" (Amazon had it for $7.50 from 12/24-12/26) and the XCOM "sale" (33% is laughable given Amazon, Gamefly and others have had it for 50% off).

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh Regnum, I tried it once, before discovering WoW and playing that for a year. It wasn't bad, but I didn't understand it at the time, and playing alone wasn't fun. Last year a couple of friends started playing it, but I wasn't interested anymore.

And I've heard about Bunch of Heroes being rather bad, though I haven't played it. Maybe one day we'll be able to make a high quality game here, and with any luck I'll get my name in the credits, at least in the "Special Thanks" section xD
(definitely need to improve my programming skills A LOT if I want to develop a game myself)
Ah didn't know you were a fellow "compatriot".

It's kinda tough, the argie games industry seems to be all over the place, so I'm just trying to get to the end of the month and see how can I get into serious indie-ing, with Daniel Benmergui's work as inspiration.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
By the way the GamersGate refund might include Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™ Deluxe Edition since they ran out of keys for that one too. Can anyone confirm this?

I just received notification of the refund for GR but the game still sits on my Gamers Gate shelf (and is still downloading).

They haven't sent any correspondence about cancelling my purchase or not having a key. I'm assuming it just won't work when it goes to install.

ShaneB

images

So I've created a Private Steamgift giveaway for 2 copies of FTL.

The giveaway is now over!!

The winners are......

madhair60

and...

hym

:) Congrats to you both for winning my personal 2012 GOTY.

Add me on Steam and we'll get this exchange done :)

Wok

Could someone clarify the Gamersgate scandal:
- what exactly happened? All the first buyers are forced to receive a refund?
- what happens to the Steam keys? Are they revoked?

I hope GMG does not revoke my Sleeping Dogs key.

I personally think it's overrated, but still good. Combat is fun but simple, story is standard fare and the drug bust side quest is repeated a million times.

It is a mixed between GTA and Shenmue. It is almost perfectly executed in this respect.

hym

Banned
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOeXydKA51G9wKaQ8leBdB49RiQpgPZZCFv3ESeq8nft4tA2fy[IMG]

So I've created a [B]Private Steamgift giveaway for 2 copies of FTL[/B].

The giveaway is now over!!

The winners are......

[B]madhair60[/B]

and...

[B]hym[/B]

:) Congrats to you both for winning my personal 2012 GOTY.

Add me on Steam and we'll get this exchange done :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah didn't know you were a fellow "compatriot".

It's kinda tough, the argie games industry seems to be all over the place, so I'm just trying to get to the end of the month and see how can I get into serious indie-ing, with Daniel Benmergui's work as inspiration.
Yup, argie here. Are you a games dev? Good luck with that! And think about me if you ever need someone to beta-test your stuff, lol (as an ad-honorem amateur, of course)

Don't know about that man, I'll google him when I get home.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I demand a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of Doritos® as compensation.

So wait, is gamersgate/value taking games away from the Bethesda bundle?

Yeah, they're removing the pack from people's accounts. But if you already activated a valuable key (like Skyrim or Dishonored), then the games would more than likely stay in your account. But you better pray the give you the keys for the rest of your games in January.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yup, argie here. Are you a games dev? Good luck with that! And think about me if you ever need someone to beta-test your stuff, lol (as an ad-honorem amateur, of course)

Don't know about that man, I'll google him when I get home.
Sweet, will do.

KNT-Zero

I bought the BL2 4pack this morning, had its payment on hold.
Paid it now, and the game is shown in my game list, but no keys :(

Hopefully it will last there until they bring up more keys.

No, but those that didn't get their steam keys got refunded. Seems fair.

Are they? they got removed from my library, but I've yet to receive anything in terms of an email from them for a refund. I'm not really angry or upset about losing the games, especially since it was a massive mistake on their part, but I would like my money back.

Miker

Good to see Sleeping Dogs at #1 seller on Steam. I can only guess that it's from word of mouth. Hopefully it continues to have a long tail like Just Cause 2 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom