• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Man, seems like lots and lots of repeats. Have there been any new games the last couple days?

Is Sleeping Dogs significantly cheaper anywhere else?

Even the flash deals are shit

Everything is shit
Oh God you are right.

People complain about the prices, but the real sad things are the 48 hour dailies, 12 hour "flash" deals and the game choices. It just feels boring compared to last year. I blame these super long times. Bad deals or boring games are a natural thing, but they sit on the front page FOREVER.

Omiee

I didn't see anyone answering to this so posting it again.

I don't know where to activate this game but I have it on Steam already.
So I'm giving it away. Theatre of War 2
Just a reminder it's from the famous GamersGate.

Quote this to get it, and please reply if you take it.

i cant see the key?

could you pm it to me.

baconcow

Yeah I probably won't buy from them again because of this. Really bummed me out.

They let me keep the two $15 BL2 I picked up, but not the 4-pack. Be consistent. I cannot even see Steam codes for anything. I think I will email them and have them return my money for everything without keys.

Danj

I see the Tom Clancy franchise is on sale again, which of/are the Splinter Cell games any good? Never played any of them.

solarus

Just use an US billing address and you should be fine.
Do keep in mind some 2K games (Mafia II) have region locked keys. I'm unsure if this applied to Civ games as well or not.
Hmm thanks for this, I'll check if it is region locked before risking buying it from amazon then.

Caerith

I've been thinking of getting the Walking Dead on sale but I'm worried about the save bug. How common is it and is it possible to avoid?
If it happens, it happens; no way to prevent it AFAIK. But you can recover from it by swapping files around, from what I've heard. Take the risk, it's well worth it.

PaulLFC

Any idea how difficult it is to buy digital games from amazon US while in the UK? I already own civ 4 and all it's dlc so the current pack isn't too appealing.
You just need a US billing address added to your Amazon account. If you're like me, a bit paranoid that your bank will phone you up wondering why you're suddenly ordering stuff to Google's HQ or whatever, use Borderlinx, as they give you a real US address of your own that you can use, for free.

You just add that address to your address book on Amazon, go to Amazon.com, buy what you want using your UK card (making sure the billing address is set to the US one), and it'll go through fine. I bought Scribblenauts when it was $7.50, it's currently downloaded and sitting in my Steam library (but I can't play it yet, thanks Nintendo).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I see the Tom Clancy franchise is on sale again, which of/are the Splinter Cell games any good? Never played any of them.

The first three are all good, but Chaos Theory is probably the best, and also probably the easiest to go back to (of those three). I couldn't get into Double Agent, and Conviction is a tepid experience.

tmarques

I like all of them, except the very latest (Conviction, I think). Chaos Theory is probably the best of the bunch, though.

cicero

I dont think I'm going to trust gamersgate with my money anymore. Either this is bait and switch or they are having security problems.
People forget that they have always had some issues like this in their system. I have always assumed that much of it was intentional and strategic, now it is starting to look like a little bit of bait and switch combined with gross ineptitude.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anyone waiting on Civ 5, I have some good news:

FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99 so that customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

This decision was made 38 seconds ago at my boss's desk. Again, before potential flames creep up, I did announce several pages back that customers interested in the Civ products should wait until 12/28.

Cheers,
Tony

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anyone waiting on Civ 5, I have some good news:

I got Civ V for free from a Gaffer. I've never played a Civ game before. How essential to the experience is Gods and Kings?

I'm not asking if it's good or not, I'm just asking if it changes the game that much (like how apparently Modern Times is a must have for Tropico 4).

Isaccard

I got Civ V for free from a Gaffer. I've never played a Civ game before. How essential to the experience is Gods and Kings?

I'm not asking if it's good or not, I'm just asking if it changes the game that much (like how apparently Modern Times is a must have for Tropico 4).

Waiting for Civ V Gold or something

Petrie

Banned
Exactly. How can anyone be upset about what was obviously a mistake? A very expensive one.

I'm starting to wonder if Gaffers are all really so broke that a company having money from their CC for a day or 2 somehow destroys their financial well-being.

If so, perhaps re-prioritize?

Caerith

Did Modern Times add steampunk airships to Tropic 4?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

It adds Religion and Espionage. I have been meaning to pick it up, as gaffers have said it adds a lot to the overall experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom