• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watevaman

I don't think I've heard GAF's opinion on L.A. Noire?

Would it be worth it for $5? I'm wondering if it's a game I could go away from for awhile and then pick back up later and be fine, or is everything really connected and not that style?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Would it be worth it for $5? I'm wondering if it's a game I could go away from for awhile and then pick back up later and be fine, or is everything really connected and not that style?

Pick it up when it is $2.50 or lower.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Bought it for 60 on Xbox. Double dipped for 5 on steam. enjoyed it, unique experience.

That said it is not a game you can leave for a time and come back to without being completly lost as to the who's who.

DagsJT

I had LA Noire on the PS3 and really enjoyed it.

Isaccard

It's not as bad as everyone will have you think. That said, keep your five bucks, it'll show up again.

feel

Exactly. How can anyone be upset about what was obviously a mistake? A very expensive one.
Have no friends and my family hates me, this big discount on that nice selection of games was the only present I received this Christmas.. and now it's gone.

It would literally not be worth the bandwidth if it was free. Such a bad game.

Played it on PS3 and wouldn't accept it on Steam if someone gave it to me for free.
Absolutely terrible game.

Def Jukie

How long is that Amazon sale for Hotline Miami? If it's still $4.99 on the 1st I'm going to be giving out some of copies. I've got a bunch of those $5 promo codes.

BFIB

Here's the thing about LA Noire. Your decisions don't mean anything. No matter what, at some point in the game (won't spoil it), any decisions you've made to try and guide your character is completely destroyed, because the game forces this to happen.

As long as you understand that you are basically playing a point and click adventure, and that's your kind of game, then I'd say for $5 its not bad.

Shoogoo

How long is that Amazon sale for Hotline Miami? If it's still $4.99 on the 1st I'm going to be giving out some of copies. I've got a bunch of those $5 promo codes.

Not much, but I'd trade that for a Broken Sword trilogy key.

My wallet is dead empty and I forgot I wanted Hotline Miami :/

HoosTrax

Need some quick thoughts on Hawx 2 and GRAW 2. I played the first graw and liked it at the time but that was like 2006.
Not much to say about GRAW2. It's just the second half of GRAW1 (assuming we're talking the SP campaign). It's basically picks up right after the events of GRAW1 and concludes the story. Well also, the AI is somewhat improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom