• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Damage so far:

jkUbduyRulxZx.png

Not too bad.

Darksiders II 8.75 on GMG again.

Sigh, the gods continue to spread cheeks and ram cock up ass. I've never been this bummed about a 8.00 difference between my purchase and a sale before in my life.

Decado

Darksiders II 8.75 on GMG again.

Sigh, the gods continue to spread cheeks and ram cock up ass. I've never been this bummed about a 8.00 difference between my purchase and a sale before in my life.

lol. love spartacus reference.

Anyway, the GMG version doesn't include the DLC.

Enco

FTL seems great.

Made a new ship, named the crew after me and 2 friends and we died because we ran out of oxygen. Was intense.

edit: just saw that it got cheaper on their site. Damn. Would have rather bought it from there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But you hate everything
He's a happy man now. He liked Mark of the Ninja and Spec Ops. I'm afraid we may be losing him :p

After reading more about 30 Flights of Loving I made up my mind: I'll pass.

Not much to say about GRAW2. It's just the second half of GRAW1 (assuming we're talking the SP campaign). It's basically picks up right after the events of GRAW1 and concludes the story. Well also, the AI is somewhat improved.
Are those games similar to the first Ghost Recon? 'Cause I hated it, didn't hold a candle to the original Rainbow Six

I don't think I've heard GAF's opinion on L.A. Noire?

Would it be worth it for $5? I'm wondering if it's a game I could go away from for awhile and then pick back up later and be fine, or is everything really connected and not that style?

A lot of haters for this one but I love it and would buy it again in a heartbeat at that price. It's got personality and does things differently to other games, if this was an indie game it'd be universally praised but since it was an AAA hyped game it suffers from misaligned expectations.

DTKT

hawx 2 is one hell of a boring game. Stupid dogfights, boring kill "insert ground unit" mission.

Dont waste your money on that.

I'm out of money for now, these are the top games that I didn't buy.
So hopefully next sale, or maybe I can trade for them when Gamersgate gives me some keys.

Spec Ops
Hotline Miami
Chivalry
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Magic 2013
FTL
Deadlight
Lone Survivor

DTKT

Is HAWX 1 better or pretty much the same?

No clue, I didn't buy it. What are you looking for in a air combat game? Because HAWX offers nothing outside of mindless missions and dumb fire AA missiles because they always hit.

It's just so boring. I kept forgetting I was playing and just thinking about other things while crashing into cranes. There is just no depth or anything else to do outside of watching for a red triangle for a lock and firing a missile.

Fireblend

Banned
My purchases so far:

-Sleeping Dogs (from GMG)
-Critter Crunch
-Castle Crashers (gifted)

Still waiting on Torchlight 2 to go on sale again, and that will be it for me.

Grief.exe

I'm out of money for now, these are the top games that I didn't buy.

Spec Ops
Hotline Miami
Chivalry
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Magic 2013
FTL
Deadlight
Lone Survivor

Hands down, some of the best games of the year.

Still might bite some Amazon deals, and Dark Souls for sure.

Do it!

One of my favorite games this year and one of my favorites of all time all ready.

Install DSfix and game looks amazing, and actually runs quite well.

Shepard

Damage so far:

Batman Arkham City
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Cargo Commander
The Darkness II
Human Revolution
Duke Nukem Forever
Half Minute Hero
The Orange Box
The Last Remnant
Rage
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Mutant Blobs Attack
They Bleed Pixels
Toki Tori
Unmechanical

Gifted:
Dead Pixels
Endless Space
Sonic DX
Star Wars KoToR

Still might bite some Amazon deals, and Dark Souls for sure.

It's sad that I already played lots of games I bought, mostly on consoles...

Ifrit

I still can't believe I haven't bought a single thing on a steam holiday sale, haven't really found a killer deal yet

There are some good deals though, just not something crazy I've found in past sales

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I hope the dead rising complete pack goes on sale again, missed the flash sale because I was absent minded :(

LuchaShaq

Banned
If walking dead goes back on sale on the last day don't buy it unless you can get a demo or something working on your machine. After a few hours trying from random google solutions I can't even get this piece of shit to launch. What a fucking joke. Haven't had an issue with a game this badly my entire life. Hope the sequel is a giant bomba.

Isaccard

If walking dead goes back on sale on the last day don't buy it unless you can get a demo or something working on your machine. After a few hours trying from random google solutions I can't even get this piece of shit to launch. What a fucking joke. Haven't had an issue with a game this badly my entire life. Hope the sequel is a giant bomba.

Do you have a 360 pad plugged in? Plug it out if you do

First PM I receive with link to their steam account to ensure they don't already have it get's a copy of Cave Story+!

gooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeee!

AHA-Lambda

Just picked up CS:GO, Thomas Was Alone and FTL. That'll probably do it for me this year.

Really need to look into Bootcamping my iMac =/

Petrie

Banned

It won't bomb in the slightest.

Kabouter

Reposting as the thread moves so fast:

Poor sequels to great games, adding no features, changing aspects for the worse (PR3's combat in particular being dreadful), far worse graphics for P4 in particular (ugly 3D rather than beautiful 2D). If you want a Patrician game, get a copy of Patrician III, which should be on Steam. Port Royale 2 on Steam had some issues for me, so I couldn't recommend that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Indie Game: The Movie steam key up in this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom