• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam:
Ys Origin: $4.99
Mass Effect Collection: $9.99
Critter Crunch: $1.74
KoToR 2: $2.49
Legend of Grimrock: Gift
Mass Effect Collection: Gift
Hotline Miami: Gifted
Spec Ops: Gifted
Analogue: A Hate Story: Gifted

GamersGate:
Bethesda New Year Collection x2: $54.64(Not even sure if I'll get the rest of my keys lol)

Green Man Gaming:
Sleeping Dogs: $10.40
DMC4: Free
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY: $2.25
Sine Mora: $1.75

Amazon:
Dead Island GOTY: $5.99
Dreamcast Pack: $4.99
Darksiders Franchise Pack: $8.19
NBA2k13: $9.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited: $7.49
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack: $4.87

Total: $143.50

Higher than I expected, but got some great deals.
Got my sights on Dark Souls in January.

Derrick01

Banned
Not much to say about GRAW2. It's just the second half of GRAW1 (assuming we're talking the SP campaign). It's basically picks up right after the events of GRAW1 and concludes the story. Well also, the AI is somewhat improved.

Hell $2.50 to play a solid game? I guess I'm good for that. Does it have pad support?

cicero

Poor sequels to great games, adding no features, changing aspects for the worse (PR3's combat in particular being dreadful), far worse graphics for P4 in particular (ugly 3D rather than beautiful 2D). If you want a Patrician game, get a copy of Patrician III, which should be on Steam. Port Royale 2 on Steam had some issues for me, so I couldn't recommend that.

What this man here said. Better yet, buy Patricians and Merchants for only $1.99 (-75%) on Steam now. It comes with Patrician III, The Great Art Race, and Darkstar One. Great value.

Tizoc

Just a heads up that my give-away for Space Marine Complete ends in an hour:

...but I won't be sending the code/e-mail til hours later since I'm at work and won't be free til like...10+ hours from now @_@.

cicero

Just to make absolutely sure for the Gift thread, if I try to activate a key for something I already own and I get rejected because I already own it, does the key still work?

PaulLFC

The first one is $1.20 over at gamers gate.
Thanks, but it seems to be more expensive over here, presumably it's a regional deal that Gamersgate do at times.

Poor sequels to great games, adding no features, changing aspects for the worse (PR3's combat in particular being dreadful), far worse graphics for P4 in particular (ugly 3D rather than beautiful 2D). If you want a Patrician game, get a copy of Patrician III, which should be on Steam. Port Royale 2 on Steam had some issues for me, so I couldn't recommend that.
Thanks for the impressions - I'm more interested in the trading side of the games than the combat, and in a let's play of PR3 that I started watching there seem to be two campaigns - trader, and adventurer. The adventurer one seemed more combat focussed - if I play as a trader can I avoid the poor combat and just trade stuff?

iVHzPTLuhENpH.png

Now Garry, I'd like 75% off on L4D2 please.

vall03

Fzsxy.png

Still alive and kicking here! I really dont know what to buy, I was excited to get Dragonborn DLC last week, but realized its still not on PC so will wait.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys, Dungeons.

Can you please at least take a look at the OT? Because this game does not deserve the fate it has. I mean, seriously now. $4?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482175

GD FTL is goooood.

Yes it is! Also take a look at the OT if you want some hints from others:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491849

How is Thomas Was Alone?

Its a puzzle platformer, but I enjoyed the narration based design. If you absolutely cant stand Indie platformers though, maybe you should avoid.

cicero

Guys, Dungeons.

Can you please at least take a look at the OT? Because this game does not deserve the fate it has. I mean, seriously now. $4?

Its a puzzle platformer, but I enjoyed the narration based design. If you absolutely cant stand Indie platformers though, maybe you should avoid.

I thought you wanted us to get Dungeons Gold.

MRORANGE

A gaffer told me not to read the last 20 or so pages of this thread...

iihDRxhJ7lYXg.gif

....yeah

- You don't own your Steam account, you own licenses, things can get revoked at any second.
- GamersGate screwed up and they refunded your money (hopefully), but you should have known that the prices were wrong.
- The main reason why we don't have trading and selling in the main steam thread is because:
(a) it blocks up the thread
(b) most of the trade deals are crap
(c) people think it's cool to post the same offer again and again.
(d) It gets into fights like we had a few pages back.

You can trade/sell here on gaf on Steam purchases/Keys:

you can also trade in the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I thought you wanted us to get Dungeons Gold.

I dont care really which you guys buy, but Dungeons Gold is an even better value. Thought it would be more convincing to write "$4" for one game since its below the $5 barrier many have.

Since its already 75% off, it wont get a daily deal either, but eh. People might as well wait until the end of the sale if they dont forget it :p

I dont care really which you guys buy, but Dungeons Gold is an even better value. Thought it would be more convincing to write "$4" for one game since its below the $5 barrier many have.

Since its already 75% off, it wont get a daily deal either, but eh. People might as well wait until the end of the sale if they dont forget it :p

will wait for it to be a daily deal tomorrow.

Haven't bought anything from Steam yet. Only purchases have been the Bethesda bundle from GG (took forever to get all the keys) and some Darksiders 2 DLC from Amazon so I'd have a THQ publisher coupon (which I didn't even end up using since SR3 full package wasn't on sale the whole day).

Eternia

I want that DRM-free version + Steam key of FTL!

Anyone thinking of spending $5 on Steam want to spend about that amount from my Steam wallet for a FTL gift key (from here)? Having my money stuck there almost feels like the worst thing to do for this year's sales.

Edit: Thanks, legacyzero! That'll work out for both of us. :)

PaulLFC

Guys, Dungeons.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482175

If anyone wants Dungeons Gold it may be cheaper on GMG with the voucher. I got it for just over £4 yesterday, and it activates on Steam. Includes all the DLC for both games, too.

legacyzero

Banned
GAF.. My job screwed me and didn't pay me today because of the holiday, but I want to buy Future Soldier. Trouble is I get paid TOMORROW, but the sale for it will be over by then! :(

What do I do?!

GAF.. My job screwed me and didn't pay me today because of the holiday, but I want to buy Future Soldier. Trouble is I get paid TOMORROW, but the sale for it will be over by then! :(

What do I do?!
Do you have a backlog? If so, don't worry about it, it will be cheaper in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom