• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I didn't buy FM13 during the sale on boxing day as I thought I might be getting it from one of my aunties.

I didn't and it's up for a vote for 50% off that ends in 3 hours.

Help a cheap-ass out.

blindrocket said:
I'm out of money for now, these are the top games that I didn't buy.

Spec Ops
Hotline Miami
Chivalry

Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Magic 2013
FTL
Deadlight
Lone Survivor

Hands down, some of the best games of the year.

That's definitely the vibe I get for them, which is why they are on my most wanted list of games that I didn't buy.

They seem so fresh and fun. Very cool coming from indy devs!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hoping Miasmata will go on sale a bit lower before Jan 5th, but I'll probably pick it up either way. What's the word on it? I'm mostly interested in it for what seems like a pretty atmospheric setting, so I'm not too concerned with clunky gameplay (if it's clunky).

Also wishing I hadn't dumped money into my Steam wallet a few days back. I've picked up one or two things through steam, but GMG's deals have been more to my liking.

Petrie

Banned
That's definitely the vibe I get for them, which is why they are on my most wanted list of games that I didn't buy.

They seem so fresh and fun. Very cool coming from indy devs!

Being from Indie devs means by waiting you'll probably get the whole lot from a Humble for a song though.

Only game I've regretted buying before a Humble was Braid though.

Grief.exe

Hoping Miasmata will go on sale a bit lower before Jan 5th, but I'll probably pick it up either way. What's the word on it? I'm mostly interested in it for what seems like a pretty atmospheric setting, so I'm not too concerned with clunky gameplay (if it's clunky).

Also wishing I hadn't dumped money into my Steam wallet a few days back. I've picked up one or two things through steam, but GMG's deals have been more to my liking.

Not too many people have played it, but it has really piqued my interest and I want to pick it up. I wish it had won the community choice so it would get a little more recognition.

Kelas

Hmm I didn't buy FM13 during the sale on boxing day as I thought I might be getting it from one of my aunties.

I didn't and it's up for a vote for 50% off that ends in 3 hours.

Help a cheap-ass out.

There's no way that won't win the vote. I randomly voted for F1 earlier, but I'd be surprised if FM didn't win by somewhat of a landslide.

graywolf323

well this is weird

I bought the Sleeping Dogs Dragon Master Pack but none of the dlcs show up as owned for me nor do they show up on the dlc tab for Sleeping Dogs in my library

edit: nvm restarting Steam seems to have fixed the problem

Kelas

Not too many people have played it, but it has really piqued my interest and I want to pick it up. I wish it had won the community choice so it would get a little more recognition.

Yeah I figured it hadn't got much exposure. Part of the draw for me is that it seems like a game a lot of people wouldn't be in to: a slow one. I liked Dear Esther: Walking Simulator a whole lot, so if it's a bit of walking about but with more actual gameplay than something like Esther, then it's pretty much a guaranteed buy from me before the sale ends.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If anyone wants Dungeons Gold it may be cheaper on GMG with the voucher. I got it for just over £4 yesterday, and it activates on Steam. Includes all the DLC for both games, too.

Dungeons sound amazing. It's just a game I probably won't ever play.

:(

kennah

wellplayedBadRats.jpg
I guess I'll try later :)

j-wood

Anyone know how long hotline will be on sale at Amazon? I won't have access to a computer for a few days and amazon mobile doesn't support digital item purchase :(

Don't they just give you a steam key anyways?

You'll get by. I mean you probably don't want to be commanding any games but being a grunt should be no problem with text.

Is communication really that important? I mean, I'm a big fan of killing floor for example, because just by not being a damn idiot and holding my own everything goes just fine. Def wouldn't take on a commander role, I'd be grunting it out and trying to help out.

TDLink

Is LA Noire any good? I'm interested in it.

I really liked it. Make sure you get the complete version though ($7.50 is the sale price I believe) as the normal version leaves out the DLC cases...which in my opinion are among some of the best in the game.

PaulLFC

I liked LA Noire, it was interesting but I never got chance to finish it. I bought it last time it was on sale on PC though (originally played on 360) so I'll have to play it again sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom