• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Who would love to play FTL? I tried gifting but Ainaurdur was even faster to give! GAF HEART!

Someone who would play this- it's not my type of game, but I respect it enough for the devs! Let me know!

Who would love to play FTL? I tried gifting but Ainaurdur was even faster to give! GAF HEART!

Someone who would play this- it's not my type of game, but I respect it enough for the devs! Let me know!

I was considering buying it but I'm still iffy

edit: Didn't realize it was a gift offering. Was going to get it myself lol

In the time it took the to load the "Reply to Thread" page three people responded before me. Oh well, I'll get it eventually.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I've bought hardly anything, (mostly because I FUCKING OWN IT ALL) but damn.

Damage so far:
-Max Payne 3 (Amazon)
-Gold weapon pack for Killing Floor

Hoping for a good sale on the Sonic Adventure games, The Secret World, and FTL still.

Although, I might just bite on the Sonic Adventure games now, $5 isn't too bad actually. But i'll obviously wait for the dailies, lest I be scolded by Salsa and MrOrange.

www.ftlgame.com

4.99? (steam redeemable for all regions, charged in USD which is awesome if you're euro).

Played the first level/sector/whatever last night. it's great. I can tell it's going to make me feel sad when it gets to complicated for me in about oh say, 2 minutes of the next level. I refused to play on easy first time out, this may have been a mistake.

Retne

Can someone tell me why THPSHD is bad?

Soundtracks are a non-issue in many games because I use Spotify for custom soundtracks.

Revert is also not something i'm fussed about, since devs do have a point that it wasn't introduced till THPS3 (which i'd get the DLC of anyway).

I don't think it's bad. I've enjoyed my time with it. Also it doesn't matter whether you buy the DLC or not. Reverts got added to the base game when the DLC got released.

I think my only problem so far is the THPS3 levels don't play as well in the engine. There's a lot more geometry to glitch out on. Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time on the DLC levels yet but I prefer the ones that came with the base game (excluding Downhill Jam of course that level is a steaming pile).

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm playing through Alan Wake again because of the sale (the base game, not the downloadable) and am I the only one who has a tough time playing with kb/m? I'm really not sure why but I really play terribly when I'm on kbm compared to controller. I have no problem playing FPS or TPS with kbm normally (I do like 95% of my gaming on PC and it's mostly kbm).

There's something with that game that makes it just impossible to play for me.

Works fine with the 360 pad... It's just weird.

do the visuals of SC Chaos Theory hold up well today?

I got the pack a few days ago. Never got to play SCCT(No Xbox)The game looks alot better than the PC port of Double agent(Max 720)While the former is at 1920x1080p. The first stage by the beach looks amazing, and the 360 pad works, but the layout is strange, so better of using xpadder.

Nabs

So I'm playing through Alan Wake again because of the sale (the base game, not the downloadable) and am I the only one who has a tough time playing with kb/m? I'm really not sure why but I really play terribly when I'm on kbm compared to controller. I have no problem playing FPS or TPS with kbm normally (I do like 95% of my gaming on PC and it's mostly kbm).

There's something with that game that makes it just impossible to play for me.

Works fine with the 360 pad... It's just weird.

Have you tried any of the launch options? I had a lot of trouble going from Alan Wake to American Nightmare due to the camera change so I used -rigidcamera to keep it steady. I use a controller and it was still bothering me.

Check this thread for more http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7759

Big thanks to Dreamfall for spreading that holiday spirit! I'll see you guys on the other side, I'll enjoy this immensely.

hlhbk

So I have had this happen quite a few times when launching games via Steam this year I haven't played in a while. I just launched Max Payne 3 and it said it had to convert files to some kind of new format, it did that for a while, and then had to download 645 MB when the game ran just fine the last time I played it.

Why does this happen?

Bumping to new page to hopefully get an anwser?

ElfArmy177

Im in the same boat as you guys with FTL. I played binding of Isaac and it was by far the worst experience of my life. Im sorry... It sounds interesting and I love those type of exploration games - Crazy excited for Starbound. But after playing Binding, I dont think Ill give those games (roguelike) a shot ever again. Plus, I have too many Fing games to play as it is lol. Maybe if the ones on the fence here like it Ill try it :D

ta9qi

Bought Giana Sisters, couldnt resist all the hype here, and from the trailer it fits my taste!
+
Guys i have a question, when buying a game from GG, and press the download button without using the serial to activate it in steam, can you play it when its finish downloading or its useless without steam product key ?
i want to know so i start downloading BL2 or forget about it :(

REV 09

Driver SF is terrible imo. Was expecting a decent racing game with the mind twisty story stuff and a psychological car jump gimmick, but the game leans way too heavily on the gimmick and even adds gimmick after gimmick on top....after a few hours i realized that i wasn't even playing a racing game anymore. Game just wasn't for me.

Speevy

Banned
I think I'm done purchasing games from this sale (for myself). I've given up hope that I'll come out feeling like I've caught a steal.

Amzin

My friends have been talking (complaining) about Blood Bowl and how much fun (hateful) it is. I kind of want to buy the legendary edition for $4.99 but already have 12+ new games from this sale, I don't know what to do!

Edit: I also have that $5 amazon credit so will probably be suckered into buying something come new years :l

I wouldn't be able to say what kind of connection is good enough or exactly what you mean by 1mb connection. Do you mean that when you download something you get more than 1mb per second downloads?

M.D

Woke up, hoping to see the email and a refund from Gamersgate, but nothing. No answer from the support either.

Anyone here who got the games removed without email and a refund that got them later?

dreamfall

This holiday spirit is contagious.

Shout out to zerokoolpsx for the lovely gift of TDU2!

iqnrqgr0OCUyd.png

I love you GAF, everyone is so helpful and so giving!

Gah! So wonderful! Happy Holidays!

Dambrosi

Banned
I was going to close out my Steam Sale Season with the Basement Collection, but decided on Home instead. Now that the Humble Bundle extras have been revealed, I'm really glad I did. Offspring Fling is a really nice bonus, too.

So, for me this sale's been like this:

• Batman: Arkham City - The Revenge Of Harley Quinn DLC
  • Intrusion 2
  • Devil May Cry 4 (GMG)
  • Ys Origin
  • They Bleed Pixels
  • Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
  • Home
  • Ether Vapor Remaster
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia
  • The Basement Collection (HIB7)
  • Offspring Fling (HIB7)

All for the princely sum of £18.81. Mmm, how palindromic.

Speaking of which, does anyone want a spare Cave Story + key? Quote this post if so.

Big-E

Is there any chance that XCOM will be cheaper on GMG or Amazon in the future? Any hints to this or should I pick this up now?

That last achievement drove me nuts so I used my bro's smartphone. You can chat on your friends list and even buy stuff. Convenient even with flash sales. Can't miss them unless your phone dies lol.
xHqKp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom