• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

It didn't impress me either and I almost passed on it completely until it was gifted to me a few days ago. It's a really good shooter with an actual story.

Eh screw it I jumped at that and graw 2 for an even $10.

Thanks. I think I'll hold off a while longer, since I have so many games to play through currently. I value your taste in games, for the most part :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It didn't impress me either and I almost passed on it completely until it was gifted to me a few days ago. It's a really good shooter with an actual story.

Eh screw it I jumped at that and graw 2 for an even $10.
It's your lucky day, Driver is a really good racer with an actual story. And has some funny dialogue, which is uncommon in this genre. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show, you'll enjoy it.

jediyoshi

GYC1n.jpg

Xmas Achieved! Curious what heathen timezone it's set to.

hlhbk

So I have had this happen quite a few times when launching games via Steam this year I haven't played in a while. I just launched Max Payne 3 and it said it had to convert files to some kind of new format, it did that for a while, and then had to download 645 MB when the game ran just fine the last time I played it.

Why does this happen?

Ainaurdur

Is Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater® HD really that crap?

I was a big fan of number 2 or 3 of the game.

I really loved getting back into it. Though yes there might be a few minor glitches, and I could have done without the inclusion of the Downhill Jam.

Been playing it with the 360 wired controller. Only issue there is the d-pad needs a little extra pressure to make some sharp turns or to brake. Not a problem if you use the analog stick.

I am going to grab the Revert Pack DLC, put it off since I figured it would be on sale soon enough.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright. Who will put their money where their mouth is? If someone gets me FTL, then before Jan 5 when holiday sales end, I will play it no less than 12 hours OR however long it takes me to beat it on normal difficulty. That is twice as much time as I put into beating the last GAF-hyped roguelike, the Binding of Isaac, which is the worst game I have ever played in my life. (Yes, that bad! I hate you all!)

If I like it enough to play it that much, I will buy you a $5 game to return your investment OR forward it to someone else, if you wish. I will have to admit you are right and give up on the idea of getting the X3 Terran War Pack, which is highly likely to be a daily, and I have wanted to get for a year now. If I can't make it through, then you lose the bet. No repayment! You'll probably hate me for hating the game so much anyway, and I'll hate you for putting me through it.

If you are worried about me pretending to hate it to avoid repayment, that's ridiculous. My play time is public, and if I like it I'll obviously want to keep playing it. I also see the quality PC indie scene as the saving grace of the industry, so I will want to help those who make great things by promoting their work. All you would be doing here is taking away the risk for me, as I am quite weary after having subjected myself to abject shit like Binding of Isaac on GAF's recommendation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My only notable complaint regarding Driver:SF is that, aside from one or two rather strict missions, it's quite easy. Requisite shifting aside, I don't think I used more than three cars throughout the game: the first lasted me until the Shelby, which lasted me until the Lambo... which lasted me the rest of the game.

There's no way that won't win the vote. I randomly voted for F1 earlier, but I'd be surprised if FM didn't win by somewhat of a landslide.

FM13 came last lol. Europe is asleep though, well apart from me.

Alright. Who will put their money where their mouth is? If someone gets me FTL, then before Jan 5 when holiday sales end, I will play it no less than 12 hours OR however long it takes me to beat it on normal difficulty.

I've played it for 36 hours and never beaten it on normal. Only came remotely close once.

HoosTrax

GYC1n.jpg

Xmas Achieved! Curious what heathen timezone it's set to.
The achievements you mean? I always assumed it was set to your own time zone and not 'Murcan Left Coast Time Zone. At least, my achievements usually get EST timestamps.

You only needed to complete 4 of 6 tasks to get the badge this year, so I assume most people got theirs several days ago without realizing it.

Sianos

Picked up Driver, seems pretty neat. Think I'll wait on Giana Sisters, don't want to burn through my money at the halfway point.

Ainaurdur

Alright. Who will put their money where their mouth is? If someone gets me FTL, then before Jan 5 when holiday sales end, I will play it no less than 12 hours OR however long it takes me to beat it on normal difficulty. That is twice as much time as I put into beating the last GAF-hyped roguelike, the Binding of Isaac, which is the worst game I have ever played in my life. (Yes, that bad! I hate you all!)

If I like it enough to play it that much, I will buy you a $5 game to return your investment OR forward it to someone else, if you wish. I will have to admit you are right and give up on the idea of getting the X3 Terran War Pack, which is highly likely to be a daily, and I have wanted to get for a year now. If I can't make it through, then you lose the bet. No repayment! You'll probably hate me for hating the game so much anyway, and I'll hate you for putting me through it.

If you are worried about me pretending to hate it to avoid repayment, that's ridiculous. My play time is public, and if I like it I'll obviously want to keep playing it. I also see the quality PC indie scene as the saving grace of the industry, so I will want to help those who make great things by promoting their work. All you would be doing here is taking away the risk for me, as I am quite weary after having subjected myself to abject shit like Binding of Isaac on GAF's recommendation.

What is your Steam ID?

Got all the little achievement dealies except for logging into the mobile client, because I have a dumb phone and don't care to bother with anyone else's.

I used to think you were cool.

HoosTrax

New Ghost Recon worth it at that price?

I love GRAW1 on Xbox 360. So, opinions from GRAW series fans?
Careful there, I'm pretty sure the PC version of GRAW is completely different from the console version, aside from the general plot, with different gameplay mechanics. It's not a straight up port.

Heysoos

Careful there, I'm pretty sure the PC version of GRAW is completely different from the console version, aside from the general plot, with different gameplay mechanics. It's not a straight up port.

Yeah, I realized that when I bought GRAW on my PC during a previous sale. I believe the Future Soldier series is identical to the console versions now though.

Can someone tell me why THPSHD is bad?

Soundtracks are a non-issue in many games because I use Spotify for custom soundtracks.

Revert is also not something i'm fussed about, since devs do have a point that it wasn't introduced till THPS3 (which i'd get the DLC of anyway).

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Open world NFS: Hot Pursuit?

You're looking at arguably the best racing game this gen.

I was just about to ask about how the PC version of these were, anyone know if they're crappy ports?

It can't hold a candle to the likes of RS3, but it's still good. The first is pretty decent as far as a PC port goes. Some weird performance kinks due to it being the first UE3 title but you can just brute force it. Terrorist hunt mode makes it entertaining enough to warrant a purchase I think. It doesn't track Steam time played if you are anal about that sort of thing.

ATF487

Awesome. Had 6.24 left on a gift card, bought THPS and the Binding of Isaac.

Something definitely feels off about Tony Hawk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom