• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside: everybody who doesn't own FTL needs to buy and play it.

I passed on it- is is that bad?! Explain!

At least it looks beautiful!

The dialogue ranges from decent to unconvincing and cheesy. Same for the voice acting. (It sounds to me like one of those situations where the actors are generally talented, but they don't always know the correct context for their lines. And some of the lines could not be made to sound believable by anyone.) I also feel there's too much narration by the main character, which really kills the atmosphere.

The worst writing is found in the collectable "diary pages" you find as you play. I heard the game was developed in Spain, which wouldn't surprise me if true. It's so bad I'm internally "editing" it as I read them so I don't just ignore them altogether.

I dunno... the trailer hooked me with the game's look and feel, I am a huge fan of a well-executed post-apocalyptic experience. I expected (or wanted) much smarter story-telling to go along with it, and now that I'm reading that the game is very short (a few hours at most), I'm feeling like my money could have been better spent on Hotline Miami instead.

But it is indeed a great-looking game. And the gameplay mechanics have also proven, so far, to be solid and responsive (though I have read some complaints in other threads about control glitches). I guess it just doesn't feel as inspired as I expected, given how smooth and polished it all looks in motion.

Yep. Cave Story+ remains.

Somebody get on this! CS is a great old-school platformer.

I felt like I was being crushed by the weight of my Steam backlog so I deleted everything save what I purchased most recently, or intended to play in the new future.

I'm oddly relieved at the moment.

OniShiro

Banned
I felt like I was being crushed by the weight of my Steam backlog so I deleted everything save what I purchased most recently, or intended to play in the new future.

I'm oddly relieved at the moment.

You do realize now you will never play the games you deleted, don't you? :)

Amory

Man, thread title doesn't lie.

Only purchased Spec Ops: The Line, and even then I would've gladly bought from Amazon because they bundled it with Bioshocks 1 & 2 for less money, but I already had those.

Smash88

Banned
So I have a key for Battlefield 3: Limited Edition (Comes with Back to Karkand DLC).

I already own it, I bought it mainly for the Premium DLC. Since BF3: LE is a seperate key from Premium (if anyone is wondering).

Anyone want to trade for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams which is a flash sale for $5.09?

OniShiro

Banned
Man, thread title doesn't lie.

Only purchased Spec Ops: The Line, and even then I would've gladly bought from Amazon because they bundled it with Bioshocks 1 & 2 for less money, but I already had those.

You could have sold or traded Bioshock 1 & 2 if you already had them.

jokkir

How in the world did you manage to get a standalone version of HL2:Ep2?

(And I think this is a tough one, since the vast majority of people probably got it as part of Orange Box or some other Valve bundle)

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of D: Not sure when I got the game though but it's been sitting there in my inventory for a while now.

So I have a key for Battlefield 3: Limited Edition (Comes with Back to Karkand DLC).

I already own it, I bought it mainly for the Premium DLC. Since BF3: LE is a seperate key from Premium (if anyone is wondering).

Anyone want to trade for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams which is a flash sale for $5.09?

you mean just the BF3 Premium service, not the full game, right?

if it's the game I could get you GS

I would get it on Amazon if it weren't over my budget. I can make a maximum of $15 purchase right now, and I'm saving that for Dark Souls.

But I've heard pretty good things about it.

I had £15 left in my wallet and when it popped up in the sale I knew I had to get it.

When you can, pick it up. I'm playing classic mode which is great for casual play and I'm really enjoying it.

Salsa

still waiting for the part where Deadlight gets bad that ive heard so much about

its been pretty damn good so far and im pretty sure im at the end

game would be a hell of a lot better without the character dialog tho. His stupid-ass internal monologue treats me like an idiot.

"I pulled this lever! now I can go through there!", "I need to find a way out of here!", "I could open the safe, thankfully the numbers I found in the photograph are just the ones I needed"

fucking game developers man

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of D: Not sure when I got the game though but it's been sitting there in my inventory for a while now.

Did you partake in the Portal 2 release ARG? Those who nabbed all the Golden Potatoes were given the Valve Complete Pack and any dupes were added to your inventory.

Edit: It's also possible that you crafted it during last year's Winter Sale, or somebody decided to give it to you at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom