• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, may haul thus far:

Humble Indie Bundle 7 (Legends of Grimrock, Closure, Shank 2, Snapshot, Dungeon Defenders, Cave Story+, Offspring Fling, The Basement Collection-I already owned Isaac and the Indie Movie)

Binary Domain

Rayman Origins

Half-Minute Hero

Lone Survivor

They Bleed Pixels

and FTL. I wanna say I'm done unless I see Torchlight 2 for less then 10 bucks. I've been trying to give each game at least 45 minutes to an hour. So far FTL seems to be the one that will grab me the most. Shank 2 and Half Minute Hero so far I doubt will be played again past that initial hour or so. Yet to touch Closure/Snapshot/Basement Collection and Offspring Fling though.

cicero

But I watched let's plays of FTL and it looks dumb.
That is too bad. I finally sat down and played my GOG copy that I purchased the other week, spent around 4 hours before I realized it. I kept venturing out into space, being chased by my foes, encountering pirates, aliens, explosive novas, dense unexplored nebulas, crazy old men marooned on planets, and the cold black emptiness of space itself. I died from lack of oxygen, fires, heat waves from novas, pirates, ship implosions, crazy old men from marooned planets that I rescued, robot ships, intruders on my ship... Everything. And I loved it.

I once sat in the sick bay healing with my last living crew member, my captain, who I fondly named in my own mind, "Captain Starlington McCrunches", who was down to about 20 health, and every system on-board had failed, including life support, and my oxygen was depleting, but healing in sick bay kept me alive. So I sat there, healing my impending suffocation away, knowing that my good man Captain Starlington McCrunches was going to die. But there was a slim chance that maybe my sick bay could heal him up by a slim health point or two over a period of minutes, and I could get him up to 100 health before setting out to try to repair my oxygen life support system before running back to do it all over again. But it wasn't to be. Captain Starlington McCrunches went out in a blaze of space glory, dying as he lived, a wrench in his hand, a space fire in his belly, and a never say die attitude.

His body joined his derelict ruined ship, drifting alone in empty space, until it would be ransacked by pillaging space looters. Go buy and play FTL. Help Captain Starlington McCrunches live once again. ;_;

J-Tier

That is too bad. I finally sat down and played my GOG copy that I purchased the other week, spent around 4 hours before I realized it. I kept venturing out into space, being chased by my foes, encountering pirates, aliens, explosive novas, dense unexplored nebulas, crazy old men marooned on planets, and the cold black emptiness of space itself. I died from lack of oxygen, fires, heat waves from novas, pirates, ship implosions, crazy old men from marooned planets that I rescued, robot ships, intruders on my ship... Everything. And I loved it.

I once sat in the sick bay healing with my last living crew member, my captain, who I fondly named in my own mind, "Captain Starlington McCrunches", who was down to about 20 health, and every system on-board had failed, including life support, and my oxygen was depleting, but healing in sick bay kept me alive. So I sat there, healing my impending suffocation away, knowing that my good man Captain Starlington McCrunches was going to die. But there was a slim chance that maybe my sick bay could heal him up by a slim health point or two over a period of minutes, and I could get him up to 100 health before setting out to try to repair my oxygen life support system before running back to do it all over again. But it wasn't to be. Captain Starlington McCrunches went out in a blaze of space glory, dying as he lived, a wrench in his hand, a space fire in his belly, and a never say die attitude.

His body joined his derelict ruined ship, drifting alone in empty space, until it would be ransacked by pillaging space looters. Go buy and play FTL. Help Captain Starlington McCrunches live once again. ;_;

You are awesome.

Looks like I'll enjoy FTL.

And may Captain Starlington McCrunches live on.

Ainaurdur

Have no fear. Starlington is resting easy this night.

Dice is playing FTL as we speak. I wonder what the verdict will be. :)

Beepos

Is Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater® HD really that crap?

I was a big fan of number 2 or 3 of the game.

Is worse than crap. Horrible. Especially if you were big fans of the original. The game engine just does not work well.

OniShiro

Banned

Bravo.

Poor Captain McCrunches

minisessionsJune0609+1394+copy+-+Copy.jpg

I must play this game to help Captain McCrunches live again. I MUST!
I... I just need a copy of it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

ylW2S.jpg

c0Zm1c

Giana Sisters, woohoo! In your face, Community's Choice!

I wish there was a demo for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. I loved the second game back in the day but I don't want jump on this unless I know how bad it is, or rather if I can overlook how bad it is and enjoy the game.

Reven

Well you have done it to me again GAF, I caved and bought FTL (at the devs sight). I just wish I didn't pass on Sleeping Dogs. Hopefully that I goes on sale again somewhere soon.

Sajjaja

Someone give this man an award.

Soi-Fong

OMFG... Assassin's Creed 3 is practically unplayable for me once I'm in Boston.

i7 2600k
HD 5970
16 GB DDR3 1600 mHz

Everything is fine up until Boston. Jesus.. Something is up since only 20+ % of my GPU is used in Boston.

BadAss2961

i7 2600k
HD 5970
16 GB DDR3 1600 mHz

Everything is fine up until Boston. Jesus.. Something is up since only 20+ % of my GPU is used in Boston.
I keep hearing about Boston in that game. Probably just poorly optimized.

HoosTrax

I hope we get an FTL sequel with some spruced up production values -- the game seems to be doing pretty nicely, think it got up to #3. It'd be nice to have support for normal PC resolutions, native 1080p etc. Plus some nicer sprites, anti-aliased ship outlines, and other touch ups. And mod support for custom ships and total conversions (I can totally see Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG, etc mods).

i7 2600k
HD 5970
16 GB DDR3 1600 mHz

I would guess that the AI and pathing is handled by the CPU and its incredibly poorly optimized for the hundreds of NPCs.

jokkir

I don't know if this is allowed in this thread of not but I have a copy of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 I want to trade for CS:GO. I alread yhave HL2:EP2 and I'm sure everyone does but I've been trying to get rid of this copy by trading it to someone for a while now and no one seems to want to >__<.

Any one?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyone have the Deluxe Edition of Driver: San Francisco that can speak to its worth?
I think you can unlock the deluxe content with the fake Ubi dollars that they give you for making a uPlay account. The game itself is A++. Easily my favorite arcade racer this gen.

HoosTrax

I don't know if this is allowed in this thread of not but I have a copy of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 I want to trade for CS:GO. I alread yhave HL2:EP2 and I'm sure everyone does but I've been trying to get rid of this copy by trading it to someone for a while now and no one seems to want to >__<.

Any one?
How in the world did you manage to get a standalone version of HL2:Ep2?

(And I think this is a tough one, since the vast majority of people probably got it as part of Orange Box or some other Valve bundle)

Platy

Got Wrath of the Lamb for 75% off .... just so I can not burn the binding of isaac copy from the humble bundle with me who already own the game =P

Pat

10/10. I even had the game's music in my head while reading this work of art.

hlhbk

I would guess that the AI and pathing is handled by the CPU and its incredibly poorly optimized for the hundreds of NPCs.

I have a similar setup without issues in Boston (dips to 55 fps but most of the time at 60 at 1080P Max settings except AA). Specs are:

Intel Core I7 2600k
GTX 570
16 gb RAM

It's a CPU optimisation issue. The cities in the game, despite the limited AI paths, kill performance. My 2600K is at 4.6GHz and I still get ~40fps in Boston.

Yikes. My CPU is a generation older and 700 MHz slower. Doesn't sound too promising. I haven't heard many positive things about the game anyway. Oh well.

Aaron

I think you can unlock the deluxe content with the fake Ubi dollars that they give you for making a uPlay account. The game itself is A++. Easily my favorite arcade racer this gen.
You can't. Uplay unlocks are different missions, but the deluxe content is easily ignored.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yikes. My CPU is a generation older and 700 MHz slower. Doesn't sound too promising. I haven't heard many positive things about the game anyway. Oh well.

I hit "4" instead of "5", but, yeah, you'd definitely want to overclock if you intend to play the game... or cap it to 30fps.

You barely think about controls when you are playing. Its great.

No problem. Hopefully you find one.

I've been able to find a posting, but quick question: How do I redeem it? I don't see anywhere to do it on the Uplay client and couldn't come up with much on Google other than "Run the installer then enter the key".

Very pleased with Resident Evil 5. I originally played it on PS3 and had a blast with co-op, and i'm happy to report the same case here.

I was wary of GFWL, but it has held up tremendously for a change. I was able to play a couple of chapters with a random guy and it was awesome. We are now friends and GFWL at the very least allows you to send messages and strategise easier than it was on PS3.

The port job is also fantastic. Probably the best a port could possibly be actually - a wealth of options and rock solid 60fps even at 2560x1440 with SMAA.

I think it's time for me to finally admit - yes, as a "Resident Evil" game it's not as good as 4, but it is still up there as one of my favorites. Kind of hilarious how it also looks and plays better than RE6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom