• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm in that zone when I just feel fed up with FM, the itch is gone for now but I suspect it will come back next year for FM 14.

And I'm still waiting for a good XCOM deal man, still 4 hours to go before the GMG discount.

It was $20 on gamefly less than a week ago, I'm assuming you missed that sale?

Rufus

Whatever it is, it seems like a systematic problem. I wonder if anyone even looks these over before they get posted, or if it's completely automated, working from a (flawed) list.

ElyrionX

I love Football Manager 2013. Why aren't you guys playing it?

Americans will get a pass, but for the rest of you Europeans/Asians, I'm very disappointed in you lot.

I bought it. Last time I played this was more than 10 years ago when it was still called CM.

Only just started a new game but the massive increase in the scope of the game takes some getting used to. Also the complete lack of sound in the game's menus is kind of strange.

didamangi

FABKm.png

M.D

For people who already got a refund, could you please look at your order history on Gamersgate and see if the order status has been changed from completed?

Only just started a new game but the massive increase in the scope of the game takes some getting used to. Also the complete lack of sound in the game's menus is kind of strange.

Oh I love this.

The next best thing they can do is let me play the game while I'm playing Dota.

linkent

Sooo.... I bought the bl2 @75%.. 2 of it.. Both are not showing any key..
and i also bought the season pass(key is there!!)

in case of refund, do you guys think i am able to get the refund for the pass as well?

M.D

It says canceled to me

How long does it take to get the money back? I paid with a bank card through paypal. In paypal it says refunded, but I don't anything in my bank account yet

I don't really know how PayPal works, but I guess it makes sense that it would take a few days for the money to get back in your account?

For me the order still says completed, but they took the collection out of my library.
The support site actually works now, so you guys could contact them. I already sent an email yesterday, but no response yet.

Does anyone here have experience with PayPal and refunds? I wonder if I should open a dispute in PayPal, or as some people suggested on the Gamersgate forums, call my credit card company and ask for a chargeback

c0Zm1c

The more I read about TH Pro Skater HD the less I want it. And not only that, the more I wonder why they bothered making it!

For people who already got a refund, could you please look at your order history on Gamersgate and see if the order status has been changed from completed?

The two orders with zero redeemed (BL2 4pk / Ghost Recon) that have been refunded both show as cancelled.
Beth Bundle with 5/11 redeemed that they said they were going to refund still has not been refunded and shows as completed.

baconcow

I used to have Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the Xbox 360 and loved it. I have heard the PC version used a different developer and is slower and has poor multiplayer. I never liked the multiplayer on even the Xbox 360 version. Is the PC version worth picking up for $2.50 for the single player? Or is that pretty bad, too?

The more I read about TH Pro Skater HD the less I want it. And not only that, the more I wonder why they bothered making it!

The only wrong thing I can see with it is that it won't show 360 buttons in the movelist, everything else is fixable or subjective. What makes you not want it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did they increase the length of the flash sales? I could have sworn they were every 6 hours (maybe even 4).

The Flash Sale timer was bumped up to 12 hours for the Winter Sale. Prior to that they were around 10 hours in length.

M.D

The two orders with zero redeemed (BL2 4pk / Ghost Recon) that have been refunded both show as cancelled.
Beth Bundle with 5/11 redeemed that they said they were going to refund still has not been refunded and shows as completed.

I had 2 bundles in the my order history, but only paid for one.
The other order was pending, but it was cancelled yesterday.

Are pending orders cancelled automatically after a few days? now I wonder how could it be that they cancelled my pending order, but "forget" to refund the one I paid for?

I don't really know how PayPal works, but I guess it makes sense that it would take a few days for the money to get back in your account?

For me the order still says completed, but they took the collection out of my library.
The support site actually works now, so you guys could contact them. I already sent an email yesterday, but no response yet.

Does anyone here have experience with PayPal and refunds? I wonder if I should open a dispute in PayPal, or as some people suggested on the Gamersgate forums, call my credit card company and ask for a chargeback

I have no experience with refunds for purchases funded by cards, though transactions funded with a paypal balance tend to be just about instant. You should have up to 45 days, though in your case something seems off as if maybe the refund has not been initiated.

jediyoshi

Are pending orders cancelled automatically after a few days? now I wonder how could it be that they cancelled my pending order, but "forget" to refund the one I paid for?

Because one is dealt with in mass automation and the other is done manually.

If you need counsel next time on hopping on a price error, I can save you the trouble with a no.

dot

My steam wallet is now drained.. Guess it's the end of the sale for me now.

Not that i mind though, this year's sale is pretty lackluster compared to previous ones anyways but i think all the gifting made this one pretty special. :D

Guess i'll just keep doing the community vote thingy, but no moar games for me.

I had 2 bundles in the my order history, but only paid for one.
The other order was pending, but it was cancelled yesterday.

You really need to chill on this. You have been going on for days. The combination of pricing error, small shop and holiday sale can cause some headaches, but all you can do is wait for support to respond. They WILL sort you out. It just may take some time.
Is Giana Sisters a good platformer?
I don't think it's anyting special. I only played <10 levels of it, but I think the music sucks (metal ugh) and it has noting remarkable going on in the gameplay departement. Never had the urge to go back to it. Looks kind of pretty though.

c0Zm1c

The only wrong thing I can see with it is that it won't show 360 buttons in the movelist, everything else is fixable or subjective. What makes you not want it?
No park editor is very disappointing. Pro Skater 2 had that and it's 12 years old. There's no online, which the console versions apparently have. And I'm reading conflicting comments about the framerate. As I said earlier in the thread, I wish there was a demo. :(

Carm

ya it is the Steam Special Edition ...i grabbed Dungeons Gold Editon off there the other day. used my $6 credit from Sleeping Dogs to get it for free. haven't tried it yet tho ...so i dunno how good it is.

It's actually listed as Steam Special Edition in your game library? The only thing I found on the publishers website was from last year stating only the Steam version has extras listed on the Steam store page.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am such a fool. Staying up just to see the new flash sale, deep down a bit excited, though my brain tells me I'll be disappointed. In fact it'd be better if I was disappointed as I need to drop money in the bank, only have a couple bucks extra for spending until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom