• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

I am such a fool. Staying up just to see the new flash sale, deep down a bit excited, though my brain tells me I'll be disappointed. In fact it'd be better if I was disappointed as I need to drop money in the bank, only have a couple bucks extra for spending until tomorrow.

You and me both! Let's hope for all games- no software! I got no idea why I'm up either, but perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised!

Staying up forever. For Gabe. For Disappointment. For the love of GAF!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
50% off miner wars is a flash sale? Its been that price since the start of the sale, or has it not updated yet?

Its general sale discount is indeed 50% so I assume somebody has fallen asleep at the wheel.

Edit: It's now 75% off ($6.24).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Heard some levels from OG Painkiller didn't make it over in H&D, including, I believe, the army base.

DOA

i've completed the tasks :)

uYGel.jpg

Atruvius

Anyone think if Quake will go on a bigger sale? It's currently sitting at 40% off but it could go lower, right? Has it gone on <50% on previous Steam sales?

fuck you steam give me risen 2 :(

You and me both. I grabbed Risen last time but never got around to it, and got Two Worlds 2 recently. I'm on some kind of weird kind of bad but pretty cool not skyrim RPG kick here or something. I would play Ego Draconis as well, but man that's some fucking tiny text holy shit.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You and me both. I grabbed Risen last time but never got around to it, and got Two Worlds 2 recently. I'm on some kind of weird kind of bad but pretty cool not skyrim RPG kick here or something. I would play Ego Draconis as well, but man that's some fucking tiny text holy shit.

Divinity 2 is very, VERY good.

Echoplx

Risen 1 is actually a really good game once you get past the jankyness, Nice world design, great atmosphere and interesting quests. The combat is challenging but flawed in it's execution and the talent system is basic but gets the job done.

Game turns to shit towards the end though, they start putting more focus on dungeons, ie the worst parts of the game but it's definitely worth playing, I put 40 hours into it.

It's not as huge or ambitious as games like Skyrim or even the older Gothic games but it feels a lot more focused.

Risen 1 is actually a really good game once you get past the 'eastern-european-ness', Nice world design, great atmosphere and interesting quests. The combat is challenging but flawed in it's execution and the talent system is basic but gets the job done.

Game turns to shit towards the end though, they start putting more focus on dungeons, ie the worst parts of the game but it's definitely worth playing, I put 40 hours into it.

It's not as huge or ambitious as games like Skyrim or even the older Gothic games but it feels a lot more focused.

Germany is eastern Europe now? :/
Yeah I know our games are janky

JaseC

So how is L.A. Noire for PC?

It's capped to 30fps* and the only difference between low and high settings is the inclusion of SSAO with the latter.

* It can be unlocked, but apparently this causes issues with the car handling physics.

Oh, right. You could've led with that. ;)

Well, I suppose. I"ve just been using this setup for so long I find it weird when folks are still sitting at desk using monitors. I've looked all over, there's no solution to this fucking problem.

I mean christ, most of the dialogue boxes are empty.

divinityiiegodraconis4.jpg

Danielsan

Voted for Civ 5, even though I think &#8364; 7,50 is still a bit too steep for me to purchase (I know...).
Perhaps next year I'll finally get to try a Civ game.

JaseC

Well, I suppose. I"ve just been using this setup for so long I find it weird when folks are still sitting at desk using monitors. I've looked all over, there's no solution to this fucking problem.

I mean christ, most of the dialogue boxes are empty.

divinityiiegodraconis4.jpg

Solution: Use binoculars. :p

Bri

I really dislike adventure games in general, but I like the Walking Dead comic. Is it worth it? It just looks like an interactive movie... :(

I really dislike adventure games in general, but I like the Walking Dead comic. Is it worth it? It just looks like an interactive movie... :(

What do you dislike about adventure games? WD has even less interaction than most other adventure games out there. It's more of a choose your own adventure book, only that every choice leads to the same page.

Solution: Use binoculars. :p

I get you're joking here, and that's nice, but I'm fucking furious over this considering its money down the drain and apparently a pretty good RPG I can't play because the devs didn't think for 2 god damn minutes. The worst part is that theres a 360 version, where the text size is just fine, and it even controls better. But it's stupidly overpriced compared to the PC version.

I was feeling like Jean-Luc Picard up in this bitch until I ran out of fuel and the Rebel Fleet caught up to me, massacring my ship in about 10s flat

Goodbye The Funktrain. I hardly knew ye

That upgrade to power ratio... You must really like to micro manage.

What do you dislike about adventure games? WD has even less interaction than most other adventure games out there. It's more of a choose your own adventure book, only that every choice leads to the same page.

It's really funny how everyone seems to be so down on the differences between choices in TWD, but every time I see someone else's game or hear about how their version played out, I'm actually impressed because I expected far less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom