• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

I was feeling like Jean-Luc Picard up in this bitch until I ran out of fuel and the Rebel Fleet caught up to me, massacring my ship in about 10s flat

Goodbye The Funktrain. I hardly knew ye
Is this game round-based or realtime? I have now idea how it plays.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I get you're joking here, and that's nice, but I'm fucking furious over this considering its money down the drain and apparently a pretty good RPG I can't play because the devs didn't think for 2 god damn minutes. The worst part is that theres a 360 version, where the text size is just fine, and it even controls better. But it's stupidly overpriced compared to the PC version.

Have you looked into The Dragon Knight Saga? It includes a remastered version of Ego Draconis and the Flames of Vengeance expansion. I don't think it's sold on Steam, but Amazon does sell Steam keys for the game (not on sale at the moment, however).

I really dislike adventure games in general, but I like the Walking Dead comic. Is it worth it? It just looks like an interactive movie... :(

A lot of people like the game more than the comic. For $13 you're getting like 10-15 hours of new Walking Dead stories, that's better value than buying $13 worth of comic books.

And yeah it's basically an interactive movie. You will barely even have to contend with adventure game puzzles.

That upgrade to power ratio... You must really like to micro manage.

I could have everything running if I turned my oxygen down, I had it on double duty earlier and forgot to turn it off after coming out of a nebula. The default laser is kinda sitting there doing nothing

Also, it was my first attempt.

ßthePenguin;45829489 said:
Is this game round-based or realtime? I have now idea how it plays.

It's realtime but you can pause and assign directions.

Lettuce

Can anyone tell me if the Steam Version of ARMA II works with the DAYZ mod?? Unless there is a cheaper place to get ARMA II than the £12 Steam are asking?

JaseC

Can anyone tell me if the Steam Version of ARMA II works with the DAYZ mod?? Unless there is a cheaper place to get ARMA II than the £12 Steam are asking?

Yes, it does, but don't forget you also need Operation Arrowhead (the two are bundled together in Combined Operations).

Edit: To answer your other question, no.

Edit 2: It just dawned on me that your mentioned price of £12 means you were referring to CO rather than just ARMA 2 itself. ;)

I could have everything running if I turned my oxygen down, I had it on double duty earlier and forgot to turn it off after coming out of a nebula. The default laser is kinda sitting there doing nothing

Also, it was my first attempt.

It's realtime but you can pause and assign directions.

I was more looking at the rather expensive shield and engine upgrades that do nothing if not powered. Some people like to time their power usage so that they only power engines and shields when they're about to take a hit, but if it's your first run, I doubt that's what you were going for.

DagsJT

"I Am Alive" wasn't bad at all in the very short time I just played. Reminded me of the Uncharted games, albeit with a slightly annoying stamina system.

I just logged into my GamersGate account and I can now access the remaining keys from my Borderlands 2 four pack. Just a heads up for people who haven't been refunded.

Addnan

I just logged into my GamersGate account and I can now access the remaining keys from my Borderlands 2 four pack. Just a heads up for people who haven't been refunded.

Nice, the copy that I gifted to myself is still there. Odd.

I guess I have to do something with this code now

Danielsan

FTL really is amazing. It had me playing till 3 am last night. I'm finally getting decent at the game. Though more often than not I still get my ass blown up around sector 3 or 4.

JaseC

All the talk of FTL made me install the game. Can't promise I'll play it though, but consider me intrigued!

JaseC

I don't believe you

It's currently downloading at a speed I haven't seen since Telstra Wholesale moved the ADSL speed ceiling from 1.5Mbps to 8Mbps.

efteaelln2jiq.jpg

Dr Dogg

I really dislike adventure games in general, but I like the Walking Dead comic. Is it worth it? It just looks like an interactive movie... :(

Started it last night and it's less involved that TellTale's other games, I was thinking it was more like an interactive movie myself or like a way better Dragon's Lair. I found the story and characters engrossing and racked up 6 hours non stop and I've only just finished episode 2 out of 5.

Was able to claim a key on mine, hopefully the people I gifted to are able to do the same.
Gamersgate is a mess. Remove it from a bunch, make it work properly for a bunch, and apparently keep the status quo for a bunch more.

Yeah they haven't handled it well, but then I'm not sure there's anyway they could have come out of this in a good situation. If they just allowed all the purchases to stand they'd have lost a lot of money. If they recall all the games genuine customers, and opportunistic buyers are angered. If they do half and half everyone is angry, which is what they've ended up doing.

I don't think it helps they kept selling Borderlands 2 and the 4-Pack AFTER the incident - clearly they had keys, but had pulled them so people couldn't redeem. Claiming 'technical' issue is interesting, as really no-one can prove otherwise (though with their track record this sales of mistakes it isn't a one off).
I'm not angry, as I got a refund, just confused as to how some people were refunded and others kept their purchases. I would have liked the 4-pack to get friends playing, but it's no major loss. I strangely had 1 copy of Borderlands 2 on GamersGate this morning, which I was able to redeem a key for... which only confused me more. I've donated that to the Wishlist giveaway.

baconcow

Oh my word, that guy is incredibly annoying.

But FTL is fantastic, and that video DOES give you a good view of the game. But imagine it without an annoying guy talking over the top constantly.

I like most of his videos for being informative, but I cannot stand him as much as many others. And, he also seems to dislike Skyrim always bringing up how bad it is in many of his videos (especially his Far Cry 3 one where he goes on to say that FC3 is the best game ever, pretty much). Don't get me wrong, Skyrim has flaws and Far Cry 3 looks great, but he over exaggerates almost everything and seems to love almost everything when it is new. I take his likes/dislikes with a grain of salt and use his videos for their great gameplay and information.

GamersGate are pieces of shite. They just cancelled my 2nd Borderlands 2 4-pack. Now I have this for purchases:

Borderlands 2 4-Pack: $5.35 Canceled
Borderlands 2 4-Pack: $5.35 Canceled
Bethesda New Year Collection: $28.76 Canceled

What the hell is the point of selling stuff if you are going to screw it up all the time and then make the customers who illegitimate bought it suffer? Just wrote them a not-so-nice email.

baconcow

Newest fuckup - Saints Row 3 for 1 cent

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/en/pc/games/action/saints-row-third-full-package/

Haha shit, it's down already but I was able to snag one copy. It's the full package, anybody want to trade it for a copy of FTL?

Seems all of these stores are such screwups consistently. How the hell are they running their business?

Civ V actually has a GOTY upgrade option. Every game should have this. I'm looking at you, Fallout.

Yes. And Batman: Arkham City GotY. I want the GotY content, but I already paid $5 for the base game and don't want to pay again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom