• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Civ V actually has a GOTY upgrade option. Every game should have this. I'm looking at you, Fallout.
Or Batman:AC, you can't even buy the DLC separately anymore even though every piece of DLC has its own store page.

Fully expected this to happen since they did the same with Asylum, but still, really crappy of them.

baconcow

I am pretty crap at FTL, took me about 18 hours or so before I finally beat the last boss, on EASY. Tough game. Once I read some online strategies, the game was so much easier. Early on, I was worried about all of this ALL RANDOM, NO STRATEGY talk. Sure, there is a lot of randomness in the game and you can get completely screwed if you are dealt a crappy hand, but the game is made in such a way that you can easily mitigate some of the bad strategy. It is true, though, that getting a perfect hand is what let me win. Now that I have 20 hours in it and a few other unlocked ships and layouts, the gameplay has just revived itself with new replayability. For $5, the game is a STEAL.

DagsJT

GMG doesn't want my money today. Trying to buy XCom but keep getting:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

Had this a couple of days ago but tried ordering again and went through fine. Tried three times so far and no go.

Edit: Six times now. Tried Paypal and direct bank transfer. GMG is pretty awful with paying for stuff.

wazoo

Well, I suppose. I"ve just been using this setup for so long I find it weird when folks are still sitting at desk using monitors. I've looked all over, there's no solution to this fucking problem.

I mean christ, most of the dialogue boxes are empty.

divinityiiegodraconis4.jpg

Did you looked at this ?

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=374873

hum it is for divine divnity :( maybe something similar for divinity 2

M.D

OK, that's good.
I'm downloading the demo right now. People said it doesn't give a good impression of the game, but I want to at least try out the basic gameplay to see if I like it.

Can you use that code multiple times or just once?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I get you're joking here, and that's nice, but I'm fucking furious over this considering its money down the drain and apparently a pretty good RPG I can't play because the devs didn't think for 2 god damn minutes. The worst part is that theres a 360 version, where the text size is just fine, and it even controls better. But it's stupidly overpriced compared to the PC version.

Tried this? http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=374873

_machine

So tempted by Driver: San Fran. Heard good things.
For what it's worth, I thought the game was really, really good. The driving physics are really nice; plenty of easy power-oversteer and sliding action, but it feels natural and still challenging enough to be loads of fun. The story mode and the presentation is good too and it just feels right. For example, when I finished the game I just kept on coming back to collect the extra stuff, get more cars and just to drive around.

DagsJT

GMG doesn't want my money today. Trying to buy XCom but keep getting:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

Had this a couple of days ago but tried ordering again and went through fine. Tried three times so far and no go.

Edit: Six times now. Tried Paypal and direct bank transfer. GMG is pretty awful with paying for stuff.

Just tried my wife's bank card, different bank, and still the order wont complete. GMG are pretty useless. "Here's a great deal ... but we wont let you pay for it!"

I just logged into my GamersGate account and I can now access the remaining keys from my Borderlands 2 four pack. Just a heads up for people who haven't been refunded.

I can see the "show serial key" button but when I click on it, it says
"Unfortunately, we are out of serial keys. The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us. We apologize for the inconvenience"
Still there's hope

So I will have 2 keys for trade but after all this mess gets fixed!

Just tried my wife's bank card, different bank, and still the order wont complete. GMG are pretty useless. "Here's a great deal ... but we wont let you pay for it!"

I feel your pain my friend. Wrote about it here. I still don't understand why they don't handle their bank issue......

DagsJT

Tried buying through paypal?

Tried bank transfer and Paypal on my account. Tried my wife's bank card. Tried changing from my PC to a tablet. Nothing, their payment system is awful.

I'll be pretty annoyed if I miss this offer because their system is terrible.

Dr Dogg

Yeah I think this has been a longstanding problem with their website. Still it's a lot better than when they were first starting out. Like when they had codes in The Sun of all places to download a free copy of Arma II, or last christmas when you could get Sniper: Ghost Warrior at no charge for 1 day. Events like that totally wrecked their site and wouldn't work for days on end. I think they might have upgraded from a 56k router now but problems do still persist.

I'm just transferring money directly to PayPal and seeing if that works. What a mess.

Edit: As expected, it didn't. Appalling service.

Just checking:
Is your primary PayPal email address the same you used to register on GMG? They require that for some reason.

DagsJT

Have you tried calling your bank/cc company and have them to unblock GMG?

Had a problem with GMG before, it's intermittent, and my bank haven't got any issues with GMG. Last time I had this problem, the bank said the payment request wasn't even getting to the bank for them to even refuse it. GMG have got a problem on their end before even asking for money.

Just checking:
Is your primary PayPal email address the same you used to register on GMG? They require that for some reason.

Yep, email addresses are the same.

I've bought DMC4 and Book Of Unwritten Tales from GMG in the last week and not had any problems. It's just their piss poor service, basically.

Got to head out for the rest of the day now so hopefully they'll fix this mess before the deal ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom