• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

Really. All of the seperate people in this thread and every thread regarding GMG, most of whom have different banks. They're all together wrong. It can't possibly be GMG being a weird shitty website with odd technical problems.

Hum... I have not got a single problem with any website but GMG. And I am not the only customer. So the problem comes from GMG.

It's the fact that your banks view it as a foreign gambling website. I'm sure there are several other companies that have similar issues but they don't come up in the context of a gaming discussion board.

You guys might have a point, but if GMG had any control over the issue, they would have fixed it by now.

Dynoro

I contacted my bank when I couldn't buy Sleeping Dogs and they said it was no problem on their end. Definitely GMGs fault.

GMG is the only site I have trouble with; but it does work about half the time so I'm normally willing to risk it. To people blaming the banks - if GMG doesn't work with the largest UK bank and third largest in the world then GMG should fix it.

I believe they were mistakenly labelled an online gambling site at one point. I don't know if it's something they can do much about but it has to be disastrous for business.

M.D

Finished the XCOM demo, not sure what to think of it.
I liked what was there, but I'm not sure how much more is there to the game? How is the campaign built? is there anything else to do in the game besides the campaign?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Ok guys I have $6 credit on GMG, should I get xcom for $11? I haven't paid attention to the game at all but I'm about to give in to the hype D: is the 360 pad support good?

I'm usually a die-hard M&K guy, but I began X-COM with my 360 pad and felt no need to change. It's perfectly suited to the game - to the point where I didn't like the couple of minutes I played of it with my mouse.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah! Just made it to sector 5 in FTL.

In my last run I made it all the way to the last sector before the boss, only to make one last stop along the way and get completely pulverized by a rebel ship with like 3 or so drones. It was one of those moments where you're pretty much instantly fucked and all you can do is just embrace death.

Awesome game, tho.

ShaneB

I'm usually a die-hard M&K guy, but I began X-COM with my 360 pad and felt no need to change. It's perfectly suited to the game - to the point where I didn't like the couple of minutes I played of it with my mouse.

Agreed. I much prefer it with the 360 controller.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Had someone ask me why I'd removed them and if they did something wrong, so I just wanted to post this again:

I removed 220 people a few weeks ago because I didn't feel like sorting through them to see who was GAF and who had added me just for help with [EA] gifting. Slowly adding people back & this time around I'm tagging as GAF, so feel free to add me if you were on there before or just want to be friends. Sorry!

M.D

Wait, are you guys saying XCOM is better with a controller? I could get it for $25 on PS3, but thought it would be a better game for the PC

I guess I'll play it with the 360 controller if I do buy it, because it still doesn't seem like a game I would want to play on a console. It seems like the type of game I would play for one round at a time, not for hours (but maybe I'm wrong)

kami_sama

Had someone ask me why I'd removed them and if they did something wrong, so I just wanted to post this again:

I removed 220 people a few weeks ago because I didn't feel like sorting through them to see who was GAF and who had added me just for help with [EA] gifting. Slowly adding people back & this time around I'm tagging as GAF, so feel free to add me if you were on there before or just want to be friends. Sorry!
I don't know if I had you, but either way I'm going to add you. Same name as here!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Added you Xel.

Wait, are you guys saying XCOM is better with a controller? I could get it for $25 on PS3, but thought it would be a better game for the PC

I guess I'll play it with the 360 controller if I do buy it, because it still doesn't seem like a game I would want to play on a console. It seems like the type of game I would play for one round at a time, not for hours (but maybe I'm wrong)

Get the Pc version. Try both methods out for yourself, some people prefer the KB+M.

I would be confused who's who too, if I didn't tag either. Also sent.

BigAT

I just got a new SSD and have been debating whether I want to do a fresh install of my OS on it or just migrate my current one over. I'm aware of the programs that help distribution of Steam games between hard drives after the fact, but if I did decide to do a fresh install of Windows on my SSD would I have to re-install Steam and every one of my games or would they still work properly despite being on my old hard drive and not the SSD?

ShaneB

Being better with a controller does not mean that it's a better console game :p edit: of course it's personal taste, maybe you will perfer m+kb!

I'm still holding out hope for workshop support, custom maps, etc etc.

Xanathus

Holy shit I never knew this feature existed. Tagging all you GAFfers into one category so I collapse it and shove you off to the side.

Thanks to didamangi I was finally able to pick up Borderlands 2.

So for me this sale

Bought

XCOM
Dark Souls
Borderlands 2
Hotline Miami

+ Someone gifted me Alan Wake American Nightmare

Gifted

Giana Sisters
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami

And I think I'm done. Pretty good collection from this sale. Now if I can just stop playing Dota 2 long enough to play other games.

Shoogoo

Is there an US gaffer willing to buy XCOM for me? I have only 15€ left on my paypal account, which is enough for $17.50 but not enough for the european price :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom