• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Yeah I am done with Dead Island FOREVER.

After days of trying to play it I am just done. Nothing from google helps and looks like Techland doesn't give a rats butt.

I like what I could play but its not worth 75% of time trying to get into the game.

ZenaxPure

Sounds like more of a problem with your bank/CC company and Paypal rather than GMG.

Yeah, but it's not really. Read through the thread and you will see more than just me is having trouble. My paypal problems on the other hand are a separate issue I just hadn't bothered resolving because this is literally the first time I've actually needed paypal in the past 2 years.

Also what I'm trying to pay with is a mastercard gift card, which a) has nothing to do with my bank and b) has never given me a single problem at any of the places online or offline that I've tried to use it.

Krelian91

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/12/christmas-isnt-over-yet-more-great-gmg.html

If you can wait, well under 5 bucks with that 30% code.
Amazon strategy pack might still be better value depending on your location though, maybe.

Maths edit:
2K Strategy pack: $20
or
Amazon: GOTY edition $12.50 today
GMG: G&K $3.15 on the 30th
or
Steam: Dunno, Straya.

Thank you :)

But alas, I've put all the money I had on my postepay on my Steam account >__> Sigh... I don't think there's a way to take it back =/

I know nothing about XCOM, but I hear great things. What is the game that has the most similar gameplay? Keep in mind I have never played an XCOM game.

chixdiggit

Speaking of Dead Island..the game is great if I can get past the shitty audio and constant crashes.

I run it on

W7 64 bit
I7 3770K
GTX670
8GB of ram.

Audio crackles. It crashes upon load. It crashes during play. It crashes during exit.

Verifying does nothing. I edited scr files and ini's. I give up.

There is -no- support from them either.
Start (in OS not game) Control panel - sound - playback - properties - advanced. Try changing the default format.

Sullichin

Sounds like more of a problem with your bank/CC company and Paypal rather than GMG.

I can't speak for him but there's no problem with my paypal account, I use it all the time in different places, and have used it on GMG before. It just refuses to work today. Was able to get X-COM through my sister's GMG account / her paypal somehow though.

Just had the same problem trying to buy xcom for somebody on gmg using paypal.

Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue.

kitzkozan

Xcom probably won't be 17$ on steam until the next winter sale if that goddamn. Gods and kings 85% off + the voucher is too tempting as well.

taku

So... Hotline Miami. Everytime I look at those screenshots reminds me of the old Loaded game for Saturn/PS1. I wasn't very fond of that game. GAF, convince me otherwise.
Bought it and tried it. Next time I tried to play it, it wouldn't start. I fixed that bug, now it starts but I don't get any sound. It seems to be a tad bit buggy at the moment.. seems like fun game though!

Fireblend

Banned
Ok guys I have $6 credit on GMG, should I get xcom for $11? I haven't paid attention to the game at all but I'm about to give in to the hype D: is the 360 pad support good?

Torraz

Going to have to get gods and kings on sunday. Insane deal.

I only have Civ 5 base (bought at release). If I add gods and kings, am I missing any significant DLC?

31st is the cut off. Buying it by Sunday for sure, sale or not.

Alright, thank you. Will do the same. Will beg a US gaffer to gift it to me, worst case. 22, 50 $ is still a decent price.

---

Also 75% off spec ops @ Saturday @ gmg. Together with the 30% code it may be time to buy that game.

ZenaxPure

Just had the same problem trying to buy xcom for somebody on gmg using paypal.

This is the error I was getting originally, but, I went and tried it again and it doesn't even give me that. It simply doesn't accept my card and doesn't give any sort of reason why.

To double check the card was working I literally just went and bought something on Steam about 10 seconds ago, worked without a problem.

GMG is just broke.

ShaneB

My god at those GMG deals. I guess PC gaming is a great thing where I feel like I got a little burned by paying 20 for Xcom, and 7.50 for Gods&Kings. lol. But I've definitely got my money's worth and have played both for many hours, and will continue to play them, so it's not so bad :)

Will be down to the cabin until tomorrow sometime, so I hope I don't miss any stellar flash deals.
HA! as if! .... :(

Miker

Is any of the DLC for XCOM worth getting at 30% off from GMG? Something tells me no, especially when the money can go towards FTL on Steam.

eznark

Banned
Ah. Makes no sense how that method would work. In any event I don't have another device, but I appreciate the help.

Every time I make a purchase on GMG my credit card gets frozen. It's a fucking annoyance that I'm just no longer willing to bother with. I'd rather pay an extra few bucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will be down to the cabin until tomorrow sometime, so I hope I don't miss any stellar flash deals.
HA! as if! .... :(

I'm still waiting on Miasmata and Primordia to reappear after losing their respective Community's Choice polls several days ago now.

Wok

If you're having problems buying from GMG, it's not their fault, it's your banks. Your bank sucks. Call them and get it fixed.

Hum... I have not got a single problem with any website but GMG. And I am not the only customer. So the problem comes from GMG.

If you're having problems buying from GMG, it's not their fault, it's your banks. Your bank sucks. Call them and get it fixed.

Really. All of the seperate people in this thread and every thread regarding GMG, most of whom have different banks. They're all together wrong. It can't possibly be GMG being a weird shitty website with odd technical problems.

ShaneB

I'm still waiting on Miasmata and Primordia to reappear after losing their respective Community's Choice polls several days ago now.

Yeah, Primordia is on my wishlist.

I guess I'm just having a lot of restraint this sale. No idea when I will play these games, so it feels like I'm only biting on things I know won't likely be cheaper before I am able to play them.

But saying that, I did get a 50$ visa gift card, and it seems obvious to use that to just buy more games. lol

fokkusu

It might be GMG issue also.

From GMG support forums:
http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/2942/?page=8#post-33696

I've had the same problem many times even after calling my credit card company. I think GMG has some issues with their payments. You have to just keep trying and eventually it will go through. I hope GMG gets it fixed because it can't be good for sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom