• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

It was a daily or weekend deal like one day before the sale. That counts as a repeat in my book.

It was a daily or weekend deal and the The Stronghold Collection went for only $5 (75% off) too, now it is at $9.99 (50% off). But these sales are really still just as good as ever!...

Caerith

This one right? Thanks, I'll probably grab that, especially if it gets the 75% discount as well in a few minutes.
That one, yep.

What kind of DLC does Civ V have that is not part of gods and kings? I also only have the base version and am unsure what I am missing. Is it mostly cosmetic?
G&K is an expansion, doesn't include any of the other DLC. Get the GOTY upgrade then add Korea/Wonders.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any reason why I shouldn't?

nebo3.jpg

Gods & Kings will be 85% off (+ a further 30% off due to the discount code) on GMG come Sunday.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't know if anyone cares but Forgotten Sands is a really good PoP game. Not emo/angry like warrior within and not brain dead for casuals only easy like PoP 08 was. It's basically another Sands of Time but a lot less impressive since at that point the formula was like 8 years old.

JaseC

For anyone who has Far Cry 3, is the Deluxe Version any different?

It just has additional content in the form of:

The Monkey Business Pack: Meet Hurk and his explosive bomb-carrying monkey in four heart-pounding missions and get two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer.
The Lost Expeditions: Discover the secrets of the island’s lost World War II ruins in two suspenseful action missions, and unlock the power of a shotgun in a one-handed flare gun in multiplayer.
The Warrior Pack: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive dagger and get an early unlock of the tattoo editor in multiplayer.
The Predator Pack: Hunt four ferocious animals with the M-700 Predator Rifle in single-player and silently kill opponents with the unlocked Predator Bow in multiplayer.
The Survival Guide artbook (pdf file): Discover unique artwork and insider information to help you survive the insanity of the island.
The game soundtrack

JaseC

Not sure about the conversion rates but check Amazon's price too. It may save you some pennies for DLCs.

Amazon.com's converted price for Civ V GoTY comes to approximately 0.50 Euro less than Steam EU's price, but it's a saving worth ignoring if his bank charges a currency conversion fee.

So, I've just bought Civ 5 GOTY on Steam for 9.99 euros.

Amazon.com's converted price for Civ V GoTY comes to approximately 0.50 Euro less than Steam EU's price, but it's a saving worth ignoring if his bank charges a currency conversion fee.
That's what I thought.

Man, why did Activision have to screw up Tony Hawk HD? I would love to replay those games right now but I've heard too many negative impressions at this point.

What so bad about it?, I almost bough it instead of Driver since I loved the first two games back then and the Giant Bomb quick lock didn't make it look like it was a bad remake.

All those great games I got this sale, plus guess what I'm easting for breakfast? Bacon. Just a big plate full of bacon. Piled high.

#livinlikeaking

JaseC

What're the chances of there being a bundle that has Civ V+ALL of its DLC and Expansions?

IIRC, Civ V Complete appeared in the registry at one point, and in the meantime Tony may put together something. There's no timeframe on either, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom