• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargenx

Don't know if anyone cares but Forgotten Sands is a really good PoP game. Not emo/angry like warrior within and not brain dead for casuals only easy like PoP 08 was. It's basically another Sands of Time but a lot less impressive since at that point the formula was like 8 years old.

Played on X360 is a good game, and even the history is cool, not a master piece, but a nice B movie. LOL

Kabouter

What is this shift thing in Driver? Sounds weird as hell.

It is really weird, and it sounds bad, but it's actually a really fun feature I have to say. There's a lot of satisfaction in jumping into a truck in oncoming traffic during a car chase and ramming the car you're chasing off the road that way.

Fantomex

I'm done putting funds in my wallet for a good while. This is me every morning now.

computer-close-hulk.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Unless there's some other price fuckup or some site sells TWD, SR3: The Full Package for 2.5$ again (missed the Amazon deal) or L.A. Noire Complete for dirt cheap, I think I'm done with this sale.

Damage:

Killing Floor Robot DLC - 0,99€ (Steam)
Most of the Gamersgate Bethesda pack - 20$ (thanks to snack!). Gifted RAGE, Morrowind, Brink and Hunted: The Demon's Forge here
Borderlands 2 4 pack - 2,35€ (GamersGate). Managed to redeem my key, can't say the same for the three others.

Also, RionaaM gifted me Bioskock 2 and DECOY-LDN did the same with Spec Ops: The Line (thanks again!).

I'm seriously considering joining the one year without buying games challenge now... :p

Added you again. Thanks so much for the Killing Floor gift during the Summer Sale!
You're welcome, you deserved the games due to your great taste in movies and music ;)

Spec Ops is great (and pretty short), so I'd play it first if I were you.

Row

Banned
Civ 5 GOTY bought, probably my last purchase unless there's any really ridiculous deals that come up in the last day or so

Question: Civ V GOTY just shows up as Civ 5 in my library list, no GOTY tag. Is that normal?

Torraz

Don't know if anyone cares but Forgotten Sands is a really good PoP game. Not emo/angry like warrior within and not brain dead for casuals only easy like PoP 08 was. It's basically another Sands of Time but a lot less impressive since at that point the formula was like 8 years old.

Is it standalone from sands of time, warrior within and two thrones? I only ever plaeyd sands of time and warrior within demo.

Spent a whole $7.49 on Civ 4 Complete. Was thinking about dropping $2.49 on Tropico 3. I rarely spend more than $10-12 like twice a year during the steam sales... so I am down for like $20 bucks on steam for like 4 or so games. I made one other purchase of $4.99 on Hotline: Miami a few weeks ago.

I dunnoi, the deals dont seem as amazing as last year... plus they seem to not have a ton of super cheap games older games that they had in years past.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess you can jump to any car you want whenever you want. Like he can possess the driver or some shit.

I thought it sounded dumb as hell but everyone seems to really like the game. I have it downloading now.

It's "dumb" even considering the context of the game's fiction (what exactly happens to Tanner's body when his consciousness leaves it?), but as a gameplay mechanic it's a lot of fun to play around with and is integrated well.

Derrick01

Banned
Is it standalone from sands of time, warrior within and two thrones? I only ever plaeyd sands of time and warrior within demo.

I'm not an expert on the sands of time story line but I'm pretty sure timeline wise they have it taking place in the middle. After SoT but before two thrones.

But as far as a connecting plot goes it doesn't have one. It's a standalone adventure that has nothing more than a few references or jokes from the older games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about the HD version, but the Wii one is fantastic. I'm glad I bought the PoP franchise pack, if only for Sands of Time and FS.

What is this shift thing in Driver? Sounds weird as hell.
It is, and I love it. Basically you can jump to (almost) any vehicle on the road while driving. It's also the fastest way of travelling across the city.

G-Fex

well I heard Miner Wars 2081 wasn't really great but I just had to try it myself cause I loved how it looked.

So I caved in and got it, luckily at the price today

RobbieH

Today
Civilization V GOTY - €9.99 - Steam
Total War Master Collection - €14.87 - GMG

Tomorrow
Crusader Kings 2 - €7 - GMG

Sunday
Civilization V: Gods and Kings - €3.15 - GMG

Which one(s) should I go with?

Tizoc

EDIT: Yeah Forgotten Sands isn't that bad, although
the last part of the game was lulzy easy due to your Sword KOing every enemy in 1 hit lol

IIRC, Civ V Complete appeared in the registry at one point, and in the meantime Tony may put together something. There's no timeframe on either, though.

Wonder if it'll be a last sale day offer?

MRORANGE

What's so great about: Spec Ops: The Line ?

Not sure if to get it or not or get FTL or just skip both.

(I'm not much of a statergy guy for FTL)

Derrick01

Banned

It has a pretty solid story for a shooter. Gameplay is average third person shooter stuff but I think it's slightly better than most since it's a bit tougher and requires some basic tactics. Which is more than you can say for most shooters.

Apparently the story is why the game is worth it (spec ops).

Edit: And if its getting decent praise from Derrick that accounts for something right?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gutted I missed out on XCom from Green Man gaming out of stock
LLShC.gif

Wait what! I refreshed and it seems to be instock again D:

Woo Xcom for £10 is a great deal :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wonder if it'll be a last sale day offer?

Doubt it, as that'd likely just anger those who have already bought Civ V and/or the DLC. I wouldn't expect a release until next year, perhaps in time for the Summer Sale (assuming G&K is the last piece of DLC).

Edit: To be clear, I'm talking about Civ V Complete, not a hypothetical Tony bundle.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is Civilization V: Gods and Kings worth it, or should i just stick with the GOTY edition?

Tizoc

Doubt it, as that'd likely just anger those who have already bought Civ V and/or the DLC. I wouldn't expect a release until next year, perhaps in time for the Summer Sale (assuming G&K is the last piece of DLC).

Edit: To be clear, I'm talking about Civ V Complete, not a hypothetical Tony bundle.

Ah OK then, well I've been Holding on Civ V long enough I can Hold longer.

I don't understand the resistance to FTL. It's not really a strategy game. It's not really Rogue. It's its own thing. And testimonial after testimonial shows that people that don't generally like "this kind of game" find themselves playing for 3 hours straight without realizing it.

You've spent far more than $5 on far crappier games. This is one of those cases where you should just go ahead and pick it up. And this isn't overblown hype like for Binary Domain or Vanquish or even Spec Ops. This is a well designed game which really allows the player to start forming his own story while the game is going. It's a unique thing in a monotone gaming landscape.

MRORANGE

It has a pretty solid story for a shooter. Gameplay is average third person shooter stuff but I think it's slightly better than most since it's a bit tougher and requires some basic tactics. Which is more than you can say for most shooters.

if you get Spec ops, wait for GMG to sell it for 75% on Saturday. Add in the 30% off of that and its a much better deal.

Get Spec Ops. Even Derrick likes it

Spec Ops is totally worth the trip. It's not going to change your life but it's a pretty memorable experience.

Apparently the story is why the game is worth it (spec ops).

Edit: And if its getting decent praise from Derrick that accounts for something right?

Ah cool, yeah I'll wait for the gmg deal and skip on FTL.

No, but there was a coupon they spread that gave it 75% off.

Never. They're repeats. MW franchise was either a daily or flash not too long ago.

It will be another 10 years before you will see COD 4 for $5. Seriously.

Thanks! I guess I was spoiled by Amazon having MW2 for $5 a while back.

Anyone spotted any deals on Fallout NV Ultimate Edition? Still hoping to see it hit a daily deal on Steam...

It will happen. The Ultimate Edition was $10 over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom