• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I jumped on it. Thank you so much for the code! Civ V was high on my wishlist. I've never played a Civ game before and based on what I've heard, I fear for what this game will do to my sleep when combined with FTL and Grimrock.

Dude, prepare for your life to waste away. It's addicting as hell. Make sure you do the tutorials, as it helps a lot if you are new(like myself).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I decided to pull the trigger on the Legend of Grimrock at the last minute

Random Question - Is easy mode good for beginners to dungeon crawlers (like me in this case) or would you say its too easy even for beginners?

It still will challenge you (especially with other aspects of the game), and if you arent used to the game style, you probably dont want to unnecessarily frustrate yourself.

atomico

Crap, I missed the Driver SF deal :(

I'm done with the sale, unless they do a flash deal on Rocksmith stuff and/or Everyday Shooter (didn't even know this was on Steam, I loved this on PS3)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
GMG. Use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for a further 30% off the current half-off price.

Edit: bangheadondesk.gif

Man, I cannot get the purchase to go through. I tried my CC and PayPal. Last week I bought something with PayPal no issue, but now it won't go through. I'm on hold with PP, but I don't have hope they are competent.

ylW2S.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491849

This image is so perfect. My first game went exactly like that.

Def Jukie

I started playing some FTL last night and that image really does sum up the initial experience perfectly. Really cool game with some great music.

Tweedy

Bit disappointed that these Steam sales seem to repeat themselves... I want AssCreed3... Trying to convince myself to not get it at £29.99 but I've not seen anything new on sale for a while :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So... Magic 2013 was 50% off and now it is 25% off.

Prince of Persia Franchise is currently 75% off for the second time in a row.

What are the chances that Magic 2013 will be 50% off again? Should I wait?

GAF, should I get The Walking Dead despite the common safebug?

Yes there is a relatively easy fix if you run into it. It doesn't "eat" or erase your saves. It just fails to recognize them and you can fix it. I had it myself and fixed it relatively easily.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bit disappointed that these Steam sales seem to repeat themselves... I want AssCreed3... Trying to convince myself to not get it at £29.99 but I've not seen anything new on sale for a while :/

I'd wait until the final day. Even if it isn't discounted further on Steam, it may be part of Amazon's Editor's Choice promotion that begins in January.

So... Magic 2013 was 50% off and now it is 25% off.

Prince of Persia Franchise is currently 75% off for the second time in a row.

What are the chances that Magic 2013 will be 50% off again? Should I wait?

Always wait.

coopolon

GAF, should I get The Walking Dead despite the common safebug?

It's usually fixable, and if going in you know about it should be even more fixable. So yes, although I'm almost through episode 3 and think that while it's a good experience, the hype for it is perhaps the most hyperbolic of all time

I crack myself up

Wok

Not so good.

Edit: The prices were not updated when I captured a screen of the store. Here is a new screen capture (the old one is here):

Y4WsA.png

Kabouter

Did they just change SoSE from 66% off to 50% off?
Edit: Oh, back to 66%. Well, anyway, great game, highly recommended.

Really disliked Prototype 1 and 2.

Derrick01

Banned
Need some more details on the sins game. Is it a lot more interesting than Endless Space which was basically just Civilization in space?

BFIB

Finally a deal on the Assassins Creed series.

Time to jump in. Should I get the first one? Or can I start with AC2 and be OK?

dreamfall

Gah, that AC III deal is still no good! MUST WAIT!

I wish we'd get some Dead Space soon. I guess the L4D deal is always good, but totally repeated!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Need some more details on the sins game. Is it a lot more interesting than Endless Space which was basically just Civilization in space?

If they haven't fucked anything up from the original SoaSE, it it amazingly good. It is similar to Civ though, save that Sins is not turn based.

Kabouter

If you've played Assassin's Creed 1 you of course understand more of the franchise backstory and so on, but it's not a great game. Assassin's Creed 2 is easily the best in the franchise, and while you would miss out on some stuff, the most important basics of the story are summarized at the start of the game. Basically, you would mostly miss a few references, and those you could mostly understand by just reading a summary of AC1 on wikipedia or wherever.

Ok-- I like that the AC games are on sale. I have AC2, really want AC3, but I only have $18 left. So yeah, think I'm just going to continue to hold out. I would get Revelations and Brotherhood but I've already played them. The wait continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom