• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamersgate-gate update:
Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.
http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

krzy123

The Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition includes all the DLC released, correct? The Davinci one or how was that called etc. Steams discription of the content only lists some maps.

DaVinci DLC is for AssBro. AC2 has some Templar Lairs, and the two missing sequences, all included in the Deluxe.

Torraz

$120 in Steam cash for Xmas and there is nothing I really want so far on sale.

I think I'm going to go head and buy Civ V: Gods and Kings expansion since it is only $7.50. I almost bought the Saints Row 3 Season pass for $5 even though I already beat the game just to buy something...

Don't. It'll be around half that on gmg on sunday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mark of the Ninja!!! Where are you??!!!

It's already been a Daily, so your only hopes are:

1) It appears as a Flash Sale
2) It appears in the Community's Choice poll and wins (it's already lost once)
3) It appears on the final day as part of the encore (i.e. among the more popular Dailies that are repeated in lieu of new deals)

cicero

Hated it. It's amazing how the franchise has gone on for so long, and still only the original and Crusader are worth playing. Fun games those two though. Shame they didn't discount the Stronghold Collection 75%.
It makes no sense that they didn't discount it seeing as how it was discounted in a sale the week before the Holiday sale at 75% off. I'm glad I jumped on that early. Same thing with the Autumn sale. Usually I have regretted many of my early pre-Steam Holiday sale purchases, not this year though...

Soi-Fong

It's already been a Daily, so your only hopes are:

1) It appears as a Flash Sale
2) It appears in the Community's Choice poll and wins (it's already lost once)
3) It appears on the final day as part of the encore (i.e. among the more popular Dailies that are repeated in lieu of new deals)

Serious? Somebody said here it only got a flash sale, but not a daily yet.

Kabouter

It makes no sense that they didn't discount it seeing as how it was discounted in a sale the week before the Holiday sale at 75% off. I'm glad I jumped on that early. Same thing with the Autumn sale. Usually I have regretted many of my early pre-Steam Holiday sale purchases, not this year though...

I didn't even notice it was on sale then :(. I'd love to replay those games, and lord knows where I put the discs if I even still have them.

What's the general consensus on Painkiller? Worth it? Old school shooting goodness?

Old school shooting goodness. Worth it.

Prophane33

Decided to go with Trinity, I figure by the time Rebellion is cheap enough that I feel like biting on it, I wouldn't have touched Trinity for awhile so I'll get my money's worth out of both.

Raven77

If anyone runs across an extra Civ V key that have, I would gladly take it. Can't really afford to buy the game proper.

Back to Toki Tori.

Fantomex

The Hell is this shit?

Lol these deals...

lHoL8.jpg

Sullichin

so i'm assuming there's no more servers for Chaos Theory? A shame, it's the only reason I bought the game. I want to relive the glory of spies vs mercs, I can't believe they haven't remade that (multiplayer modes in other SC games don't count)

Rand6

DaVinci DLC is for AssBro. AC2 has some Templar Lairs, and the two missing sequences, all included in the Deluxe.

How do you know if you have the Deluxe version? In the library will it say "Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition"? I can only see "Assassin's Creed 2" on mine...

JaseC

How do you know if you have the Deluxe version? In the library will it say "Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition"? I can only see "Assassin's Creed 2" on mine...

Right-click on it and select "View CD key". If you have the DE, the field will say as much.

wazoo

Try to buy it ... You can always cancel, but before it will check your library.

didamangi

And they are still selling games that they don't have keys for and their "forum" is getting filled with not so kind messages. I wouldn't want to be them.
You should see their facebook page.

Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays.
So they let their computer program deal with a big holiday event without supervision, because apparently they're on holiday? GG GG.

cicero

Maaan I want Chivalry to go back up, I missed it the first time. =(
I want it to get reduced on GMG instead. At least then I know I will be getting some kind of a good deal.

Decided to go with Trinity, I figure by the time Rebellion is cheap enough that I feel like biting on it, I wouldn't have touched Trinity for awhile so I'll get my money's worth out of both.
Looking at it that way, I may do the same.

PaulLFC

Scribblenauts Unlimited being delayed (did we get a reason for that?) is annoying, as is it popping up in my download list as "preload complete" every time I clear it.

I bought the Civ 5 GOTY upgrade, but by Civ 5 still does not say GOTY. Is it because the game is not installed atm?
I did the same and mine doesn't either. If you click View DLC on Civ V though you should see all the DLC packs have been added.

Torraz

Scribblenauts Unlimited being delayed (did we get a reason for that?) is annoying, as is it popping up in my download list as "preload complete" every time I clear it.

Rumors are it's Nintendo's fault as they do not want the PC release to be before the wiiu release.

JaseC

You could:

1) Play it using a VPN, if you want Steamworks features, or
2) Play it directly from the executable, without a VPN, if you don't mind the lack of Steamworks features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom