• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopolon

The Prototype 2 price is perhaps one of the worst yet. Amazon had a Prototype 1 and 2 bundle for $7.50 and that included the RadNet DLC.

Ah, who am I kidding, it's in the running with the Xcom price, Scribblenauts, and Lord of the Rings. They're all awful deals.

Why is "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" still has $40 for base price? Every sale seeing %66 off I rush to that game, and notice that it is still too expensive.

The Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition includes all the DLC released, correct? The Davinci one or how was that called etc. Steams discription of the content only lists some maps.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That stardock pack is pretty sick. You get Galciv2, Sins, Demigod and Fallen Enchantress for $50.

O well. I played the original Sins a LOT. I think I actually voted here on GAF for it as my GOTY. Either it or Left 4 Dead. I'm getting Rebellion.

i'm thinking about Assassin's Creed 3 only because I have $120 in Steam money from Christmas.

I have played every game in the series up until now and have generally enjoyed them (Revelations was mediocre, though). But I have heard such terrible things about AC3 that I'm not sure I want to bother.

Hixx

Shit I got AC3 for £25 and still haven't played it... £20 today :( Only a fiver but better in my pocket, as the saying goes.

Lucifon

Another set of sales another lack of Fallout NV :( It's the only thing I actually want on the sale and it currently hasn't dropped further haha!

cicero

Did they just change SoSE from 66% off to 50% off?
Edit: Oh, back to 66%. Well, anyway, great game, highly recommended.

Really disliked Prototype 1 and 2.

Although I dislike it, I can understand a relatively newer game going for that, but only -66% for Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity? Come on...

EDIT: WAIT! I AGREE WITH THIS MAN.

Why is "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" still has $40 for base price? Every sale seeing %66 off I rush to that game, and notice that it is still too expensive.

Bought Sleeping Dogs yesterday night and totally enjoying it. The swearing dialouge in the film makes it totally feel like an old-school Hong Kong action flick. Too good

Sins of Solar Empire, is worth it at $40. I feel bad for the people who have to wait for it to go to sub $10. Missing our on greatness.

krzy123

I know people say AC1 isn't worth playing, but is that the case even for $5? I've never played any of them.

i liked it (for the price $5), just stick to the main story and you go through it in about 9-10hrs max. After playing AC2 and currently AC:Bro, AC1 still has the better assassination missions (the lead up to those and the "open ended stuff" is the bad part).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AC1 may make it hard to play the rest of the franchise...its a tough play

Luckily they improved everything in AC2

Not everything:

Incidentally, non-linear mission design is an area in which the original and oft-reviled Assassin's Creed excels. Yes, your target and their general location is always the same, but it's entirely up to the player how much information they gather (beyond the requisite threshold to begin the assassination mission) and how this data is used to their advantage. This player-driven approach to assassinations is the one reason I love the original Assassin's Creed - even in the face of the monotonous tasks - and the single-most aspect I hope Ubi expand upon and bring back for AC3.

But I realise I'm in a rather lonely camp. ;)

Jedi2016

AC3 -25% means there's a big chance that Far Cry 3 will be 25% off. Yay.
That's what I'm hoping for now. I've been kicking myself for not picking it up on Uplay when it was 25% off before Christmas, in the hopes that Steam might have it for less. Now that it looks like it's going to be the same 25%, I should have picked it up.

eyeless

Y4WsA.png
Du85Q.gif
this can't be life

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Prophane33

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is also on sale for 66% off (6.79), I own the original (without expansions) (I received a physical copy of it for free awhile back, and haven't really bothered to mess with it.) I'm thinking of grabbing trinity since the expansions interest me. Does Rebellion contains the same content as Trinity, just with the Rebellion add on or does Rebellion stand on its own enough that if I bought Trinity this year and Rebellion in a year or so when it's a bit cheaper I wouldn't be re-paying for a lot of the same content?

$120 in Steam cash for Xmas and there is nothing I really want so far on sale.

I think I'm going to go head and buy Civ V: Gods and Kings expansion since it is only $7.50. I almost bought the Saints Row 3 Season pass for $5 even though I already beat the game just to buy something...

Anyone out there played Stronghold 3? I've never tried its predecessors, and have been craving a nuts & bolts medieval strategy/sim game for a while.

M.D

I wonder why is Prototype not available in my region? I can see other Activision games like Modern Warfare

Batman AC GOTY and Dark Souls are also blocked/not available

Kabouter

Although I dislike it, I can understand a relatively newer game going for that, but only -66% for Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity? Come on...

EDIT: WAIT! I AGREE WITH THIS MAN.

Well, Trinity is €5 which doesn't seem like much eitherway. As far as Rebellion goes, that came out half a year ago, so buying it for €10 seems pretty good to me.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is also on sale for 66% off (6.79), I own the original (without expansions) (I received a physical copy of it for free awhile back, and haven't really bothered to mess with it.) I'm thinking of grabbing trinity since the expansions interest me. Does Rebellion contains the same content as Trinity, just with the Rebellion add on or does Rebellion stand on its own enough that if I bought Trinity this year and Rebellion in a year or so when it's a bit cheaper I wouldn't be re-paying for a lot of the same content?

Rebellion is basically Trinity + new Rebellion-specific content, so you would be experiencing a lot of the same content.

Anyone out there played Stronghold 3? I've never tried its predecessors, and have been craving a nuts & bolts medieval strategy/sim game for a while.

Hated it. It's amazing how the franchise has gone on for so long, and still only the original and Crusader are worth playing. Fun games those two though. Shame they didn't discount the Stronghold Collection 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom