• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

so far it seems like Amazon is beating Steam on most things they both have on sale (e.g. Scribblenauts) but it's hard to say

I'd say it comes down to how upset would you be over losing out on the $3.20 price difference if it does hit 75% off?
I've got an Amazon giftcard balance, so that $3 is not even like spending real money. It's more just the principle.

Fantasmo

Anyone notice that almost every single Telltale game is $50? Is it me or is that actually a phenomenal deal for those that don't own them separately?

wazoo

I do not find the winter sales as crazy as it could. Summer sales was completely crazy in comparison. JUst looking at the packs, they are much fewer.

In fact, packs are more hidden in fact, not on the front page.

robotnik

Anyone knows some Japanese or Japanese-inspired"Indie" Games on Steam.

I already have :

All Gundemonium Games
A.R.E.S.
Cave Story+
Chantelise
Recettear
Sequence
To the Moon
Breath of Death+Cthullu
Recettear
Fortune Summoner
Both YS Games
Analogue
Fairy Bloom Freesia

On my wishlist are:

Ether Vapor
Cherry Tree Comedy Club
All exCeed Games
Sine Mora
Half Minute Hero

There was at least one I also wanted to try, but cant remember the Name. I guess it was on PSP before or so. Any suggestions what am I missing? :)
Few more:

Jamestown
Noitu Love 2
Dark Void Zero
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning!

What should I vote for?

inky

Speaking of, I have a question about Sleeping Dogs guys. I read reports (forum posts and such) about it not working on PCs that have windows installed in other drives that are not C: (which is my case). Does anyone has had that experience, know if this is true/if it has been fixed?

dreamfall

Voted for Miasmata, picked up The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition. $3.74 spent thus far!

Hoping Sam & Max get an even better deal!

Seriously. I mean, when was the last time you bought something from Steam and got credit for MicroVolts and APB Reloaded?
whatever those are

lol

I did get Dead Island GOTY for $6 though. And Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR are both going to be $7.50 from 12/24-12/26. The only thing I've gotten out of the Steam sale so far is Nexus, which after 30 minutes of play time is okay.

But hey, 13 more days of sale. Plenty of time for Steam to kick some ass.

shaowebb

Critter Crunch is $1.74

Its a fun and really pretty game in the stylings of Magical Drop. In this one you grab critters off the vines and toss them up to be eaten by the next biggest size. You can create chains called food chains in this manner so its not just a matching game like Magical drop, but its one you can setup really crazy patterns and chain reactions with. Plus you get to vomit rainbows and stuff for multipliers and there is a lot of really pro level animation and fun cutscenes to enjoy. I bought this awhile back for full price and honestly don't regret it. It even won some best game awards in Canada.

Buy it.

HgnIJ.jpg

Grief.exe

Got Batman AC (PS3 version keeps freezing on me), Hitman collection, and a gift for one lucky GAF member. That'll do for now.

Also voted for Miasmata.

Critter Crunch is $1.74

Its a fun and really pretty game in the stylings of Magical Drop. In this one you grab critters off the vines and toss them up to be eaten by the next biggest size. You can create chains called food chains in this manner so its not just a matching game like Magical drop, but its one you can setup really crazy patterns and chain reactions with. Plus you get to vomit rainbows and stuff for multipliers and there is a lot of really pro level animation and fun cutscenes to enjoy. I bought this awhile back for full price and honestly don't regret it. It even won some best game awards in Canada.

Buy it.

HgnIJ.jpg

PM the Critter Crunch dev on gaf and he will send you an extra key after you bought one from steam.

Killer

Banned
Yes. Wait for the daily deals or for Amazon. It's been $20 before this.

Speaking of which, I booted it up just to see how DSfix 2.0 was working and I ended up playing it for three hours. :O Invited a player to defeat a boss, Then put down a sign and got invited to someone else's game, we just went around exploring for a bit until someone invaded. I got one hit in before the double team of a giant sewer rat and the red phantom killed me, but then I saw the player kicking the shit out of the invader!

What a game. I need to play as a human more often.

Anyway, that's what you're in for... but not until you WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS.

Yeah I know what I'm getting myself. I wanna see how much I can endure from this game lol.

It probably will. And it will be $14.99 on Amazon (12/23-12/25). You'll get a steam key.

It's already been cheaper, at least at Amazon. Prepare to wait for the daily deal.

Alright cool.I'll wait for amazon deal. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom