• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Is Scribblenauts really going to be $7.50? That's too good to be true.

No meta game is extremely disappointing. Refreshing the page each day to see what the new task was, seeing everyone on your friends list playing different games, awesome prizes. WHY GABE WHY

Wolfie5

I know that feel bro, it has been on my wishlist for an age and it's not like £7.99 is a lot of money, it's just spite now that they have NEVER put it on sale.

What are you guys talking about? Bought it last year on sale. From my steam purchase history:

2 Jan 2011 7,37€ Purchase

Everyday Genius: SquareLogic, Puzzle Quest 2

Deques

Just noticed that A Valley Without Wind 2 is added to the library. All those who have the first game will get it automatically added to their library

Eghhh.

Ninja Blade PC port fucks up when I try to play at 60 FPS.
Timing is off, the button-mashing QTEs are borked, and the game freezes if I try to skip cutscenes.

From Software! *shakes fist*

Aaron

Eghhh.

Ninja Blade PC port fucks up when I try to play at 60 FPS.
Timing is off, the button-mashing QTEs are borked, and the game freezes if I try to skip cutscenes.

From Software! *shakes fist*
Set QTEs to easiest level and save yourself the grief. That way you can't fail. Didn't have the game lock when I skipped cut-scenes. Sometimes had trouble with it not saving my progress.

PC versions of the Sands of Time trilogy: how are they? Better than the PS3 collection? I hear the controller support isn't too hot.

I've never played a Hitman game, have the older games aged well?

Someone tell me what game I should vote for next.

Schlomo

PC versions of the Sands of Time trilogy: how are they? Better than the PS3 collection? I hear the controller support isn't too hot.

Of course they're better. 1080p, 60fps, widescreen patch. I had no problems playing them with a wireless 360 controller. Unfortunately I encountered a game breaking bug in the second one, so I couldn't complete it, but I think that's in every version.

F!ReW!Re

Well looks like Wargame: European Escalation really is a hidden gem!
What I've played of it so far (mind you just an hour) it's been really fun.
It has pretty deep strategy and is not that easy!

Looking forward to playing more tonight!

I've never played a Hitman game, have the older games aged well?

Someone tell me what game I should vote for next.

The controller support isn't up to par with what we've come to expect from PC ports (plug and play, buttons displayed in onscreen prompts/tutorials), but the only problem I remember having with a 360 pad is that the game (at least SoT, the only one I tried) doesn't recognize triggers and having to assign the buttons, not remembering what the console defaults were (though I guess I could have just looked at the manual for my PS2 copy). You also need to do some tweaking for widescreen and potentially opaque fog effects.

I played through Hitman: Blood Money for the first time last week and it holds up well enough. Character movement and control felt janky even for a game from 2006, and as far as I could tell, there is no controller support, which is a bit of a downer. I also couldn't find a mouse speed that didn't make the camera control feel super twitchy that wasn't slow as molasses when navigating the menu, which was really annoying, but thankfully, you don't have to spend too much time on menus. Bottom line is, the strength of Blood Money is its gameplay, and it holds up. Can't say much about the other two games other than Hitman 2 is supposedly the worst.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
How possible is it for Civ V + Add On to go to or below the 9€ it was on amazon.de a few days ago? My brother is very interested in this.

Wolfie5

How possible is it for Civ V + Add On to go to or below the 9€ it was on amazon.de a few days ago? My brother is very interested in this.

I bought Civ V GOTY edition on steam Autumn sale last month for 10€ on a daily deal.

Not sure if it would go down even more on this winter sale. Anything is possible I guess.

M_A_C

Anyone heard about any deals on Little Inferno? I'm not sure if I should get it on Steam or Wii U or if Amazon may have it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man this sale is terrible so far.

I think I bought everything on steam in prior sales

I think we're going to be hearing this sentiment repeated quite a bit. I really only have 1-2 games that I'm looking out for this year.

People should keep in mind that Arkham City has atrocious DRM. Steam, GFWL and SecuROM with limited activations (5 machines with 10 activations each, but you can't cancel them when you uninstall).

Toki767

I think we're going to be hearing this sentiment repeated quite a bit. I really only have 1-2 games that I'm looking out for this year.

Same, though I have gifted like $20-30 worth of games already to people in my friends list in the first day alone lol

I always feel better about gifting games to others if I'm not interested in anything during a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom