• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
big thanks to Bobby Truffles, he just gifted myself and another lucky gaffer copies of Botanicula. i absolutely loved Machinarium so needless to say i am excited!

Karl2177

Deus Ex full pack for $11.24. Worth it?

I've played Syndicate, thought it was okay--a good premise, but just executed kinda poorly. I was recommended Deus Ex and wanted to know if the expansion packs were worth it as well.

Tizoc

Misamata it is then~ Let's see here, the deal for Mirror's Edge and Scribblenauts ends in 34hours, will see if any Flash deals interest me by tomorrow then make my first purchases.

Nabs

Misamata it is then~ Let's see here, the deal for Mirror's Edge and Scribblenauts ends in 34hours, will see if any Flash deals interest me by tomorrow then make my first purchases.

Scribblenauts will be 7.50 on amazon in a couple of days

Mirrors Edge is amazing on PC, so it's definitely worth the pick up.

AlexBasch

Just bought Monkey Island. Never played those games before, but I'm up for some fun stuff.

I'm seriously going to restrict myself to wishlist buys only.

That's gonna end up bad so fast.

Tizoc

Scribblenauts will be 7.50 on amazon in a couple of days

Mirrors Edge is amazing on PC, so it's definitely worth the pick up.

Actually that got me wondering; do content purchased via Amazon and redeemed on Steam count for a game being among the top 100 purchased games?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Never fails. Every single sale, people buy stuff that is not a daily/flash deal. Even though people post "wait for the daily deals" on every page and in the OP.

Always ends in tears.

Wait, how in the world do you guys know what deals are coming up?

If you've been around as long as some of us have...

...you feel it in your bones.

I am the Steam Whisperer

Bb025.jpg

Never fails. Every single sale, people buy stuff that is not a daily/flash deal. Even though people post "wait for the daily deals" on every page and in the OP.

Always ends in tears.

To me it also seems like a lot of people are ONLY buying during the Steamsales, even though you could get a lot of Games even cheaper in the last few weeks e.g. Borderlands 2 or Sleeping Dogs.

Deus Ex full pack for $11.24. Worth it?

I've played Syndicate, thought it was okay--a good premise, but just executed kinda poorly. I was recommended Deus Ex and wanted to know if the expansion packs were worth it as well.

The original Deus Ex is one of the best games ever but the graphics and controls can be a bit outdated.

Deus Ex Human Revolution was one of the best games in 2011. Don't go in expecting a shooter though, almost everybody I know played it as a stealth/hack game.

Invisible War is trash.

If you haven't bought it yet, buy

Don't let the demo level mislead you, it's one of the best stealth games and holds up incredibly well even today.

Invisible War is trash.

Not trash, just disappointing compared to the other two (especially coming off the first). DX: HR is in many ways what DX: IW tried to be, but HR did it much better, and creating a prequel with a highly distinctive visual style worked much better than the fuzzy far future of IW.

Karl2177

The original Deus Ex is one of the best games ever but the graphics and controls can be a bit outdated.

Deus Ex Human Revolution was one of the best games in 2011. Don't go in expecting a shooter though, almost everybody I know played it as a stealth/hack game.

Invisible War is trash.

Awesome. I'll grab it, mainly for the bolded. I've played a bit of the first one on a friend's account, thought is was okay. I just might give the whole game a spin then. And who knows, I might end up enjoying Invisible War. Thanks! :)

wazoo

Is Drakensang: River of Time anygood? Trailer looked interesting and Steam has it cheap.

It is also very cheap on amazon.com

And there exists an addon on gamersgate (as well as the predecessor). I do not know if the addon install on the Steam version.

And the games are good.

RSLAEV

Invisible War is trash.

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think when I played IW I maxxed out my physical strength and as a result I could pick a mug up off of a table, wing it at a fools head and kill him. That was the only thing that got me through the game.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feel bro, it has been on my wishlist for an age and it's not like £7.99 is a lot of money, it's just spite now that they have NEVER put it on sale.

I've noticed this as well. It's a bit odd. I've had Puzzle Quest Galactix on my wishlist for two years now. It hasn't been on sale either as far as I'm aware.

Tony made an offhand comment on reddit about it

$7.50 would be nuts. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

Invisible War is trash.

I played DXHR as a stealth/hack game and found it pretty boring, though I understand that I'm in the minority. Strange thing is, I just finished Dishonored, which is very similar, mechanically, enjoyed it way more. Even so, DXHR is easily worth it, even though it failed to grab me.

Not trash, just disappointing compared to the other two (especially coming off the first). DX: HR is in many ways what DX: IW tried to be, but HR did it much better, and creating a prequel with a highly distinctive visual style worked much better than the fuzzy far future of IW.

It's all about perspective, I guess. If you can look past its short length and the simplified mechanics someone might actually find a fun game underneath.

People should also pick up the DX: HR "Missing Link" DLC, since it's a good quality add-on.

but I can agree with this!

Deques

Probably answered many times before.. but..
If buying Scribblenauts from Amazon, will I be able to redeem in it? The game is not released yet in Europe

Nymerio

$7.50 would be nuts. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

I played DXHR as a stealth/hack game and found it pretty boring, though I understand that I'm in the minority. Strange thing is, I just finished Dishonored, which is very similar, mechanically, enjoyed it way more. Even so, DXHR is easily worth it, even though it failed to grab me.

Wait, seriously? I though you were joking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/156eb6/steam_winter_sale_2012/c7joz08?context=3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom