• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Rumors are it's Nintendo's fault as they do not want the PC release to be before the wiiu release.
I heard this too, I feel for the devs as it's more likely harming them than helping them given the state of Wii U sales so far, at least in the UK anyway. They can still get preorders I guess, but having it for sale day and date with the US version would bring them in even more cash I bet.

You could:

1) Play it using a VPN, if you want Steamworks features, or
2) Play it directly from the executable, without a VPN, if you don't mind the lack of Steamworks features
Thanks, I did have a look in the Steam folder, but it doesn't seem to have created a folder for Scribblenauts - presumably it hasn't decrypted it. I might try using a VPN instead, never really tried that way before, I'm guessing something like Spotflux would work?

Hey guys, I have Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack in my inventory, which I think includes all DLC.
I recently bought the THQ bundle, which includes Saints Row: The Third. Any chances it includes the DLCs?

WTF Origin! Why u so slow!!

EmvKZ.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2) Where does steam store the preload exe?

Thanks!

Pre-load data will first need to be decrypted using a VPN. Which leads me to...

Thanks, I did have a look in the Steam folder, but it doesn't seem to have created a folder for Scribblenauts - presumably it hasn't decrypted it. I might try using a VPN instead, never really tried that way before, I'm guessing something like Spotflux would work?

...Spotflux should work just fine (it did the last time I used it, a few weeks ago or so). Don't be fooled by your usual storefront after logging in -- clicking through to a product page should result in the US variant, and of course you should be able to decrypt the game.

pa22word

Has Kingdoms of Amalur been on sale anywhere this holiday? Game looks interesting, but not "$60 this late after launch" interesting...

undecided

I have been considering picking up a GTX 670 or 680 with the free AC3 instead of buying it during the sale.. That price doesn't really pull me away from that idea too strongly.

Anyone know if you can use Best Buy Gift Cards to purchase Steam Wallet cards?

Amneisac

if i ONLY care about co-op, should I get Civ4 or Civ5? I have both already, but this is for my friend who will be playing with me?

Civ 4 Complete is $10 on Amazon, Civ 5 Basegame is $7.50 on Steam.

PaulLFC

...Spotflux should work just fine (it did the last time I used it, a few weeks ago or so). Don't be fooled by your usual storefront after logging in -- clicking through to a product page should result in the US variant, and of course you should be able to decrypt the game.
Thanks, will download Spotflux now then and give it a go! I guess once I deactivate Spotflux the game will re-encrypt and I'll have to start Spotflux up again to play it a second time?

BFIB

if i ONLY care about co-op, should I get Civ4 or Civ5? I have both already, but this is for my friend who will be playing with me?

Civ 4 Complete is $10 on Amazon, Civ 5 Basegame is $7.50 on Steam.

I actually enjoyed Civ IV more than V. If its your friends first Civ game, IV is great.

Best menu music ever!

Sblargh

Banned
I played Assassin's Creed 1, bought 2 on a flash deal or something, got 3 for free. I only want to play single player, do I need more Assassin's Creed?

A friend of mine, not me dear GabeN I assure you, used that spotflux to decrypt his Scribblenauts. And this friend of mine, again not me, assures me that it works if you disable the VPN afterwards and just start the new exe.

JaseC

Thanks, will download Spotflux now then and give it a go! I guess once I deactivate Spotflux the game will re-encrypt and I'll have to start Spotflux up again to play it a second time?

The "Play" button will be replaced by a "Pre-load" button a few moments after deactivating the VPN, but the data itself will remain decrypted.

A friend of mine, not me dear GabeN I assure you, used that spotflux to decrypt his Scribblenauts. And this friend of mine, again not me, assures me that it works if you disable the VPN afterwards and just start the new exe.

Figured it still worked. :) Ta.

PaulLFC

The "Play" button will be replaced by a "Pre-load" button a few moments after deactivating the VPN, but the data itself will remain decrypted.
Excellent news, thanks - will just decrypt it and run from the .exe then.

JaseC

Brotherhood with the DLC is my favourite single player Assassins Creed experience.

For all the talk of a general lack of polish, I'm actually rather enjoying AssCreed 3. So far the only oddities I've encountered are:

1) A floating apple
2) A small fence launching me almost 100m into the air and thus causing me to fall to my death
3) A female NPC becoming one with a large wooden pole. No, no, get your mind out of the gutter -- it was she who was stuck in it.
4) Liberation contacts (the game says "contracts" but I assume that's a typo... one of many) not always being in their respective designated areas
5) NPCs suddenly disappearing right before my eyes. I assume this is due to the game's maximum NPC count, but previous entries handle the culling in a less obvious manner -- 3 seems to remove NPCs from sight with no concern for the camera position.

Edit: As mentioned earlier, the original, notwithstanding its flaws, is still my favourite.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Another World? Witcher 2? Silent Hill: Homecoming? Heroes IV? Mafia 2?

Where are your 75% deals? :'(

An-Det

How does Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion work? Is it an expansion that loads with the main game, or a separate game in my library with all the features of the original plus the new stuff? I already own and enjoy Trinity.

justjim89

Been waiting to pick up Assassin's Creed 1 and Revelations, glad to see them on sale today.

My purchases so far:
Spec Ops: The Line
Mass Effect
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Orcs Must Die 2
Deponia
Secret of Monkey Island
Resident Evil 5
L.A. Noire

Pretty happy about the sale so far.

Another World? Witcher 2? Silent Hill: Homecoming? Heroes IV? Mafia 2?

Where are your 75% deals? :'(

Oh man. I would buy SH: Homecoming @ 75% off in a heartbeat, regardless of how many times I've beaten it. The SH games on PC in general are very good. Just sucks that there's some missing for PC.

If they released them all on PC I would buy them all and gift them on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom