• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

So I asked this before in the thread but did not get a response then.
Maybe now ?

How is the pc version of Lego LOTRO?

Did hear some problems at launch but now how is it?
The Steam version of Lego LOTR has a nasty bug where the price is too high as a Daily Deal. Only known workaround requires time travel and Amazon.com.

ta9qi

Do u think XOM will be cheaper in the next steam summer sale , my steam library is big enough to ignore it for some time , but you cant guarantee steam with their bad sales lately :/
i'll count in this sale for no less than 90% from GG anytime

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Do u think XOM will be cheaper in the next steam summer sale , my steam library is big enough to ignore it for some time , but you cant guarantee steam with their bad sales lately :/
i'll count in this sale for the 97% from GG anytime

$17.50 over at GMG with use of the code.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I kind of want AC3, but that is not a great price. The boxed version is $30 on amazon, but I assume it is not Steam, just UPlay or whatever. I guess I'll hold out for FC3 (willing to pay anything under $40 now) and wait on AC3.

Grief.exe

How is the just cause 2 co-op mode?

Is it easy to set up? Can I play through the full campaign with it? How many people? Can you still earn steam achievements while using it?

I'm thinking of suggesting to my friend to pick up JC2 for after we beat Dead Rising 2

thnx but i meant cheaper than the GMG sale :p

It will probably be $10-15 by the summer.

Caerith

FTL isn't hard hard, just stacked against you. I made it to the sixth sector before running out of fuel because I no longer had the firepower to take out enemy ships. Held off the rebel fleet for five encounters before I ran out of defense drones and was missiled to death.

How is the just cause 2 co-op mode?

Is it easy to set up? Can I play through the full campaign with it? How many people? Can you still earn steam achievements while using it?

I'm thinking of suggesting to my friend to pick up JC2 for after we beat Dead Rising 2

Hilarious. Easy. Its more of a sandbox than the game. No missions or anything. Just choas with 500 people

wazoo

I kind of want AC3, but that is not a great price. The boxed version is $30 on amazon, but I assume it is not Steam, just UPlay or whatever. I guess I'll hold out for FC3 (willing to pay anything under $40 now) and wait on AC3.

AC3 on steam is also Uplay, and patches probably go through uplay as well.

Addnan

I have one Borderlands 2 key. PM me and I will pick a winner at random with random number gen or something.

Will pick it around 9pm, once I am done eating and stuff.

picking winner now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All this talk about FTL is starting to pique my interest. But I'm terrible at roguelikes, I can only beat 2 or 3 levels of Binding of Isaac before dying. Is there a demo?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
All this talk about FTL is starting to pique my interest. But I'm terrible at roguelikes, I can only beat 2 or 3 levels of Binding of Isaac before dying. Is there a demo?

Its completely different from BoI. Just grab it! You can basically play it turn based, so dont worry :)

wazoo

So no advantage to Steam? Steam doesn't DL or patch the game?

No idea, but Uplay and Steam are both File manager. You can even redeem your steam key on uplay and drop steam.

In December, AC3 was dirt cheap not-on-steam like 20E. Same for Far Cry3, not even talking about the FC3 accident on Impulse.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Its completely different from BoI. Just grab it! You can basically play it turn based, so dont worry :)
I'll think about it then. I already spent a little too much on this sale, so for the benefit of my wallet I should wait till the next one.

How is the lego LOTR game? The videos of the other Lego games I've seen look pretty boring with fixed camera angles and gameplay that is mostly collect-a-thons.

Sblargh

Banned
How's Civ 5 at this point? I remember lots of unhappy fans when it came out.

There were a bunch of balance patches and the expansion that adds religion and spies since the release. The patches do make the game more smooth, but the core game is still the same and a lot of fans were unhappy because the core game is so different than Civ4.

I like it a lot, but it is not Civ 4.

suaveric

No idea, but Uplay and Steam are both File manager. You can even redeem your steam key on uplay and drop steam.

In December, AC3 was dirt cheap not-on-steam like 20E. Same for Far Cry3, not even talking about the FC3 accident on Impulse.

Where can you redeem keys on uplay? I bought far cry 3 the other day and the DVD won't install the game. I was hoping to use my activation key somewhere on uplay and just download the game. But I can't find anything about putting a key in uplay.

I was thinking "eh it'll probably be that cheap on Steam too so I'll just wait for it and Scribblenauts to be dailies" and, well, oops.

Steam really dropped the ball this year. I almost picked up lotr lego on GMG for about $12 but ended up getting it from amazon with scribbs for $7.50 each.

dot

xFAbo.png

You do care, katoki! Courtesans...lololol. Lots of those in Analogue. >.>

I have been rewarded for my generosity! And thank you too zerokoolpsx for New Vegas.

Munin

There were a bunch of balance patches and the expansion that adds religion and spies since the release. The patches do make the game more smooth, but the core game is still the same and a lot of fans were unhappy because the core game is so different than Civ4.

I like it a lot, but it is not Civ 4.

Could you maybe briefly explain the differences? As Civ 4 is the last one I played.

Plasmid

1. L.A. Noire DLC
  2. L.A. Noire
  3. Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
  4. Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
  5. Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
  6. Just Cause 2
  7. Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC

Fuck yeah

Raxus

How are the AC games? I am interested in picking all up but AC3 atm.

1 is an interesting concept but the missions get repetitive fast. II and Brotherhood take the concept from 1 and polish it into excellent games.

Revelations is good (I am a minority in this opinion) but it really adds nothing new and takes out a few cool mechanics too.

III is arguable as bad as I.

I highly recommend II and Brotherhood.

Isaccard

As far as I understand it, to have everything Civ V so far you need to buy:

Civ V GOTY (or the GOTY upgrade if you already have vanilla Civ V)
Korea & Ancient Wonders Pack
Civ V Gods and Kings

Get the first two on Steam / Amazon and wait a couple of days for GMG to discount Gods and Kings, will work out at £2-£3 with the 30% voucher.

Yep.

Noaloha

Apologies if this makes stuff any more complicated but, let's say you have enough in your wallet to get *either* Civ V GOTY edition or vanilla Civ V + Gods&Kings, I would recommend the latter.

Vanilla Civ V is good with a few flaws (and the GOTY additional pack stuff add more bits and pieces to that).

By comparison, I consider Civ V w/ Gods&Kings to be great with a few flaws.

EDIT: having said that, yeah, I'm not taking into consideration any sort of sly, frugal bargain-hunting angle there, just commenting on the products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom