• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Picked up the Civ5 GOTY upgrade and FTL based on GAF recommendations. Jeez, this is getting ridiculous...

8320772898_3e6a27990f_z.jpg

Narag

Sherlock Holmes bundle just flashed up for me, then disappeared, guess someone made a booboo.

Don't think their servers roll over simultaneously so refreshes might get one that hadn't updated. I saw the same just a bit ago. Port Royale 3 and Dungeon Defenders too.

Kammie

Watch something else. Anything else. Find a video of a dog playing FTL if you can. Going by a WTF or QL is usually asking for trouble.
The WTF video was pretty good. Over 30 minutes, made the game seem fun, and he gave it his highest recommendation.

I may pick it up in the next sale--have enough on my plate as is. But I won't lie--the artstyle makes my retinas burn in pain. The game is ugly as sin.

Platy

Castle Crashers is on vote and I have to ask ...

does this game feature 4 player coop or at least 2 player on the same keyboard ?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I caved on AC3, but opted for the $18 code from e-bay. I guess there are lots of promo codes out there from various products. If I'm stuck with UPlay, then no harm going around Steam.

Omega

Banned
all of those community voted games were just recently a daily deal or flash deal

at least spread them out a little bit..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But I won't lie--the artstyle makes my retinas burn in pain. The game is ugly as sin.
I was just imagining what it would be like if it were a big budget game, like say the graphics of Star Trek Online, but played isometric and with a bit of cinematic flair when crazy shit happens. Commanding it from a similar interface to what is has now that you toggle on and off, but when you order them to do stuff it'd be context-smart 3-second cinematic things like "--GET DOWN THERE AND PATCH THAT BREACH! --AYE CAPTAIN!" or awesome fighting with bad guys as the medical bay is casting healing beams on them. Each encounter would be more of a dramatic introduction, and maybe have some more diplomacy.

It'd be pretty awesome.

The timing on these deals are getting rough. 48hour dailies...~12hour community and flash deals

Basically check deals in the morning, rollover time, and bed time. Seems a lot 'less' compared to the summer sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The timing on these deals are getting rough. 48hour dailies...~12hour community and flash deals

Basically check deals in the morning, rollover time, and bed time. Seems a lot 'less' compared to the summer sale

The Summer Sale had deals more frequently as the Flash Sales ran for 10 hours with each one ending at a different time, and Community's Choice for 8. Also, the grace period for previous Dailies was 12 hours rather than 24.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

The Summer sale had dailies that lasted roughly 36 hours and community choice every 8. I think valve released that this made sleeping rather hard and extended them all.

Sober

It definitely feels there are "week one deals" and "week two deals" and they're just being cycled around without the other mixing into the other or something.

dreamfall

The Flash deals weren't particularly great today at all- but I did pick up Painkiller on the very cheap (Alienware coupon!) and some Total War: Shogun 2 for $11-something on GMG.

No "HOLD" reminders necessary. Just a less than stellar deal day ! Thank goodness for GAF Bingo festivities- drowning out the sorrows by not winning anything!

Exuro

I just noticed the bait and switch they pulled on the Community vote. Dark Souls said it would be 50% off.

But now that it won, it is only at 33% off.

I already own it, and know that Amazon has it cheaper anyway for those who still want it, but that's not nice.
It's 50% for me.

Nirran

I just noticed the bait and switch they pulled on the Community vote. Dark Souls said it would be 50% off.

I already own it, and know that Amazon has it cheaper anyway for those who still want it, but that's not nice.

Refresh. The price didn't update on your side as it shows 50% on mine.

Volcynika

It's 50% off for me, even on the game's page.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Its 50% off...I think you need to refresh.

I'll admit that I've picked up quite a few games during this sale, which is my first winter sale as a Steam member. (I got a gaming capable laptop back in May.)

But I will also say that I've enjoyed the competition offered from other outlets. I've gotten better deals at Amazon, Gamefly, GMG, etc. for some games.

But I've definitely rounded out my playlist for the next year+.

Raxus

? It is still 50% off on my screen.

Voted Natural Selection II since I want to chomp on more GAF'ers

The Summer Sale had deals more frequently as the Flash Sales ran for 10 hours with each one ending at a different time, and Community's Choice for 8. Also, the grace period for previous Dailies was 12 hours rather than 24.

The Summer sale had dailies that lasted roughly 36 hours and community choice every 8. I think valve released that this made sleeping rather hard and extended them all.

Right. And the repeats. I mean, I knew it would happen. ..but I saw Borderlands 2 3 times in like 2 days. Wish they were a little spread apart

Multiplayer game vs multiplayer game vs multiplayer game! Makes sense to me.

Was Chivalry a Daily Deal also? If so, then it's become three previous deals going against each other at lower discounts. I can understand the mentality of helping people who missed the previous deals, but it leaves me wanting more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Right. And the repeats. I mean, I knew it would happen. ..but I saw Borderlands 2 3 times in like 2 days. Wish they were a little spread apart

All these repeats while Miasmata and Primordia have only appeared once, in their respective ill-fated CC polls. :(

metalshade

So I just bought FTL, I don't even know if I will like it, but the last game GAF persuaded me on was the XCOM remake, and I LOVED it. Don't let me down GAF, you have some weird ideas sometimes(Nier, Binary domain.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom