• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should probably pick up FLT but I kind of only like games that I can "finish", and I hear that's incredibly difficult in FLT.

That and my backlog...

Speaking of, which should I play next?

Ys Origin
Metro 2033
Hotline Miami
Botanicula
Renegade Ops
Darksiders 2
Assassins Creed 3

Edit: Forgot about Origin! I also have Syndicate and Amalur to play.

cicero

These community votes are ridiculous. Natural Selection 2 was still on sale until 10am PST today, but now we get another rehash of the same deal? They aren't even trying anymore. I never thought I would be so tired of a Steam sale. Bring on the real deals Amazon and GMG!

Prophane33

These community votes are ridiculous. Natural Selection 2 was still on sale until 10am PST today, but now we get another rehash of the same deal? They aren't even trying anymore. I never thought I would be so tired of a Steam sale. Bring on the real deals Amazon and GMG!

I feel that it's not even the size of the discounts (while that is a small part of the problem), it's the fact that they are rehashing community, daily, and flash sales. I feel like it's been the same games over and over. I would like to see a lot of the lesser discounted games have some sort of percentage off. For example, I haven't picked up Unity of Command (or Magical Drop V) because for some dumbass reason I believe that they may go cheaper and with my luck the day I buy one is the day it shows up as a flash deal or daily deal. I don't know why I bother checking steam around five times a day because only one or two of the games I've bought during this sale have been any type of "deal".

mm04

I feel that it's not even the size of the discounts (while that is a small part of the problem), it's the fact that they are rehashing community, daily, and flash sales. I feel like it's been the same games over and over. I would like to see a lot of the lesser discounted games have some sort of percentage off.

Agreed. They've known forever how many days this sale was going to last. That they couldn't line up an appropriate number of games to actually have unique daily/flash/community choice deals on is ridiculous. If they don't have enough games to have special pricing for, then shorten the sale length.

dot

I was gonna vote for Chivalry but realized Natural Selection 2 would be cheaper if it won so i voted for that instead.

Both look like awesome games though.

Soi-Fong

So is AC3 just a poorly optimized disaster or what?

I'm starting to regret my deluxe edition. I'm just hoping that Ubi puts out a patch since I've loved what I've played till Boston.

Also, where the f*** is my Mark of the Ninja daily??!! :mad:

Also, I just got my GF into FTL and she's loving the hell out of it. She's been having fun naming the crew after the cast from Big Bang Theory.

FTL...believe the GAF hype. :0

Fuck Solar flares, my poor crew members. ;_;

Another victim of solar flares....

Nothing like getting boarded by four guys, detroying your engine (bye, bye jumping), then getting fires in you oxygen room, while still trying to kill those bastards withour dying because you know, you're only 3 people, then getting more fires and less Oxygen while you struggle repairing the engine without sucess....

Yeah, that's FTL (and that was easy mode).

Def Jukie

Anyone know what format and quality the FTL Soundtrack is? The one thing I don't like about soundtracks on Steam is you never really know what you're getting.

esai

picked up ftl and a new video card to play all my new games. not sure about xcom. i hope the darksiders franchise pack goes back up on sale.

Exuro

picked up ftl and a new video card to play all my new games. not sure about xcom. i hope the darksiders franchise pack goes back up on sale.
Xcom is $17.50 on GMG(steam redeemable) with this code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. It's a great deal for a great game.

Eusis

I almost wonder if the repetition is a psychological trick to just go "to hell with it" and buy a non-sale game before a sale pops up, given Giana Sisters was in the running for a community vote before FINALLY getting to be a daily yesterday, and that's it. But, yeah, it seems largely we're just getting games repeated, and if that's the case and we saw all their cards I may go ahead and grab some of the stuff I've been eyeing.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
good lord AC3 is fucking gorgeous. I just got to Boston (with all my settings set to MAX) and I'm not getting any framerate issues or anything. Multiplayer is just as good as it ever was too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
good lord AC3 is fucking gorgeous. I just got to Boston (with all my settings set to MAX) and I'm not getting any framerate issues or anything. Multiplayer is just as good as it ever was too.

I particularly enjoy the Frontier. It's quite lush, especially compared to the emptiness of the countryside seen in previous AssCreed games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I almost wonder if the repetition is a psychological trick to just go "to hell with it" and buy a non-sale game before a sale pops up, given Giana Sisters was in the running for a community vote before FINALLY getting to be a daily yesterday, and that's it. But, yeah, it seems largely we're just getting games repeated, and if that's the case and we saw all their cards I may go ahead and grab some of the stuff I've been eyeing.

Until it goes on a daily deal, community vote or flash deal.

Then you'll come back here bitching and complaining about buying it before the sale went up.

Daily, Flash sales and community vote are always the same discount. So, if a game you want goes up in any of them in any amount you find acceptable, buy it.

Mognet

I'm still waiting on a The Secret World deal...

I hope it comes soon although I will probably still buy it for 25% off if it comes down to it.

Okay I've played a couple games of Chivalry now and I'm just fodder for everyone else. I'll stick with it but so far it's a "meh" for me.

Just played the first couple of levels of Sine Mora and damn that is fun.

Also, so happy to have gotten in on XCOM at $20 via Gamefly. Just lost my first squaddie today and it felt bad. What a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom