• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

My first couple of runs in FTL on easy were intense.

Died on run 1 because I misjudged the route and didn't have enough time to move out of the rebel wave.

Died on run 2 against the last boss'
second form
. He just kept peppering me with missiles and drone intruders which occupied my crew for far too much time. Got him down to maybe 40% until all the breaches in my ship caught up to me. Next time I'll make it!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I think this image sumarizes the majority of Dark Souls experience:

It's a difficult game to be sure, but it's a game that rewards patient and skill, it's not an unfair game (well, for the most part) .
Also co-op helps aliviate the game difficulty by quite a bit.

With that said it's clearly not a game that everyone will appreciate, still I think it's worth giving it a try or two, if not at $20~$15 then at least consider giving it a go when it reaches cheaper prices.
I'm Adventurer #2, I don't have enough patience. But one of these days I wanna start it from scratch, and play it how it's meant to be.

Soi-Fong

My first couple of runs in FTL on easy were intense.

Died on run 1 because I misjudged the route and didn't have enough time to move out of the rebel wave.

Died on run 2 against the last boss'
second form
. He just kept peppering me with missiles and drone intruders which occupied my crew for far too much time. Got him down to maybe 40% until all the breaches in my ship caught up to me. Next time I'll make it!

Wish I didn't click on that. Didn't know he had that ability. Loo Not that big a spoiler. I only chipped him down to 80% or so. Like I said, I just didn't have enough missiles.. Never got boarded though. Lol

Deques

Just checked my bank account, the money from the bethesda pack refund is back, but now I got charged for the borderlands 4 pack. I guess it takes few days to transfer money to gg and then back to me..

I still want want dishonored and bl2 :(

vidcons

Banned
Woah, Spec Ops is a pretty good shooter! I mean, it sucks that your shootouts are just 10 feet in front of the last one. Needs better pacing in that regard.

This also one of the least subtle games and the metaphors don't match up well right now.
I just did the fall at the end of The Edge and... I didn't do anything that constitutes the fall of my character. Unless falling off a building is the physical change that contributes to the fall of Walker but that still doesn't explain why I'm falling before I do anything.

Would be cool if they stopped yelling about how you're going down so much. Like, here is the game trying to be subtle: name a chapter The Edge, end that chapter with you falling off a skyscraper, name the next chapter The Pit, have every character be like 'WE NEED TO GO DOWN.'

Soundtrack is bitching.

FB15B73EEFB9C43B750EC964EA9F0D9F6213F519

2DD7BBEDB5D49C744530D20912CA968C2ED8105F
I Am Alive looks much better with the Color Mod.

Link to the Mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/214250/discussions/0/864945865138023200/

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to make a confession.

RE5 is my most-played RE...by a sizable margin.

I feel better already.

RE5... the disaster in game design that it is, is above and beyond a better game than RE4.

Also, the Gamecube was a shitty console with no redeeming features over the PS2/Xbox. (pikmin was okay, but should have been on PS2/Xbox.)

You're not alone Pepsi. :)

I Am Alive looks much better with the Color Mod.

Link to the Mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/214250/discussions/0/864945865138023200/

Wow, I am alive looks way better. Thanks for the heads up!

Alex

Dark Souls has spent quite a lot of time overall as the no.1 on Steam. Probably why we get a PC version for the sequel right out of the gate.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I beat Sleeping Dogs, but now I really need to beat some of these games. I have at least 100 games in my library I haven't touched and that isn't including what I've bought this season.

Alex

I beat Sleeping Dogs, but now I really need to beat some of these games. I have at least 100 games in my library I haven't touched and that isn't including what I've bought this season.

Well, it's not like it's goin' anywhere, and if you're buying cheap and bulk on sale you don't have to feel too bad about it. Play what you want and when you feel like it so you don't burn yourself out trying to burn through such an imposible backlog.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone out there who actually got their Borderlands 2 keys and is willing to sell one for 1/4 of the borked bundle price?

ta9qi

Only 2 and a half hours left for XCOM for $17.50 on GMG.

I doubt we'll see it this cheap again soon, so get it now if you want it.
Still didnt buy it :(
i think i'll wait for the next summer sales,loong time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom