• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

hi guys, how good are this Carpe Fulgar games? I remeber some of them made a big fuzz some time ago but I never actually played them, are they good or worth at the price of the flash sale?

Recettear is good, Chantlelise is skippable, unsure about the other one.

Bulzeeb

*goes to cry*

To understand Chantelise... imagine grinding... except take out all the interesting enemies. Now imagine grinding for so long that you crumple into a ball weeping and babbling incoherent things, possibly memories from when you were 4 years old resurfacing. Now multiply that amount of grinding by 20. That's about the amount of grinding you need for the first couple bosses, and then it grows exponentially.

if this is true then I'll skip that one, I don't like to grind that much, how are the other 2 in this aspect?

LuuKyK

75% off Onimusha 3 flash sale; BELIEVE!

image.php
iqcSPUfUQSmhf.gif

M.D

What's the best way to get Civ 5? 2K Strategy Super Pack contains the GOTY edition and Gods and Kings for $20, but how important is the stuff that comes with the GOTY edition? the base Civ 5 costs $7.50 on steam + $3.50 on GMG on Sunday = $11

I guess the Amazon deal is better if you also consider the 2 additional games

So what's the best
Mount & Blade: Warband, War of the Roses, or Chivalry?

Watched the TB comparison between War of the Roses and Chivalry. Chivalry looks more fun between those two

dreamfall

I just... those Flash sales- why!?

Hope remains, but day by day the repeats and lack of 75% drops start chipping at my faith!

I ended up voting Train Simulator because I was deliberating on it during the Daily and couldn't bite. Perhaps now is the time!

MachoSuave

Neo Member
if this is true then I'll skip that one, I don't like to grind that much, how are the other 2 in this aspect?

It's not even grindy, just hard, action is real-time so the only person you have to blame when you get obliterated is yourself. But then you get to restart and level up some more to soak up some more damage, so there you go, maybe that's where the perceived grind is. Likewise for Recettear, Fortune Summoners is a little more forgiving though I found.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm holding off on FTL and Hotline Miami not for quality or price but because I know by later in 2013 significant patches, extras will be added that will make them even more amazing to play the first time around.

What? No extras will be added to these games. Don't be crazy.

Unless you're holding off for a Indie Bundle. Both games are truly amazing and cheap enough that I see no feasible way to argue against the purchase of them.

jarosh

What the fuck is the deal with the Sonic Bundle?

r4Zu7.png

There were like 30 games in it when it went on sale a few days ago. The 5 games in it now are worth the same as the bundle price. It's not actually even 75% off. The regular price is listed as 118 EUR... huh?

jediyoshi

I'm holding off on FTL and Hotline Miami not for quality or price but because I know by later in 2013 significant patches, extras will be added that will make them even more amazing to play the first time around.

If it's not price.. just buy it now. The only significant extras there are are already available in the form of their soundtracks.

kami_sama

What the fuck is the deal with the Sonic Bundle?

r4Zu7.png

There were like 30 games in it when it went on sale a few days ago. The 5 games in it now are worth the same as the bundle price. It's not actually even 75% off. The regular price is listed as 118 EUR... huh?
Yea, just checked it and it's really strange how the sum of every game on the bundle doesn't add up to these 118.

And won't they be available for us who purchased those games right now? :)

Eternia

hi guys, how good are this Carpe Fulgar games? I remeber some of them made a big fuzz some time ago but I never actually played them, are they good or worth at the price of the flash sale?
I like Recettear more for the item shop portion of the game. The dungeon crawling was just a means to get product into the store but I grew tired of it by the end. Too many floor-wide debuffs that really hurt the effectiveness of your character and the randomly generated maps to find the exit every time wasn't too fun either.

Fortune Summoners I felt was the more enjoyable game as a whole but also has its own flaws. It's a party-based action rpg with the ability to switch to any character at will with the remaining characters controlled by AI. You have a wide range of abilities at your disposal with Arche as your melee. Fast jabs, arcing attacks, back swipes, fierce attacks, etc. Knowing what situation to use a specific move really makes the game shine at times.

One huge issue though is there is a lot of momentum in the movement so it feels like you're always on ice skates. This takes a while to get used to, that is until they throw platforming with monsters and also timed switches. Also, the mage character, Stella, isn't really that fun to play until later (when you have more spells and mana is relatively cheap, protection while casting spells since they take time to cast) but you are forced to use her solo early in the game. Lastly, I felt that it was too easy for my characters to get knocked to the ground from attacks and eventually getting dazed and defenseless. Frustrating.

But if you managed to trudge through and reach the point that you have a full party, it's really hectic and fun to see 3 people going all out and wrecking monsters left and right.

Stuff I'd like to pick before the sale ends at 75% discount:

Sonic 4 Episode I & II
DNF "The Doctor who cloned me" DLC
Torchlight II

Still no success.

What? No extras will be added to these games. Don't be crazy.

Unless you're holding off for a Indie Bundle. Both games are truly amazing and cheap enough that I see no feasible way to argue against the purchase of them.

If it's not price.. just buy it now. The only significant extras there are are already available in the form of their soundtracks.

And won't they be available for us who purchased those games right now? :)

Nah, didn't mean it like that. I meant holding off playing them. Both devs are good about updating the games and it seems they are still fine-tuning, balancing and adding fixes. I'd just like to play them later on, fresh for the first time after some time has passed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So what's the best
Mount & Blade: Warband, War of the Roses, or Chivalry?

Watched the TB comparison between War of the Roses and Chivalry. Chivalry looks more fun between those two

Warband from high lengths. The other two are deathmatch titles, while slightly newer, are no where near ambitious nor having the same sort of dedicated community. The Warband community ported everything of the single player online with cRPG ^_^

Koroviev

Okay, I think I'm in for Chivalry. Can you play with your friends and have a reasonably good chance of doing alright, or is it already a very competitive community?

Warband from high lengths. The other two are deathmatch titles, while slightly newer, are no where near ambitious nor having the same sort of dedicated community. The Warband community ported everything of the single player online with cRPG ^_^

is there a good site that has all the essential mods?

Still debating Fortune Summoners. I'm thinking I should wait on it since I have so much to play due to this sale/gifts, but I've wanted to play it for a while now... :/

Cheers, mate.
So sad, no Nisa in V ;_;
She's one of my favorite characters this generation, so every iteration without her is like a bullet through my heart.

woe is me

Fantasmo

i wondered the same thing. I think its a region locking deal. When i searched ME3 from GMG on my own i got a different page with no discount

Yeah, it must be by region. I did a search and it comes up with the (NA) Mass effect 3 page. $30, cute. Sucks that I missed the Gamefly $10 deal. Is it ever going back on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom